TEAM SHELBY FORUM

delivery dates

intguys

this thread should be renamed "dude, where's my car?"

My dealer just found mine! It is on the rail with expectations of arriving late next week! He also called to give me my price with the powerlease. I ordered all 3 options, and my price is $42,293.58!! I am really thrilled that I signed on for the powerlease!! Hopefully the car will get here this week.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dealer just found mine! It is on the rail with expectations of arriving late next week! He also called to give me my price with the powerlease. I ordered all 3 options, and my price is $42,293.58!! I am really thrilled that I signed on for the powerlease!! Hopefully the car will get here this week.

Glad to here Bill, but mine was suposed to be here by the 17th. of July.

I too am a PowerLease holder with a build date of 6/26/06,

and am f :censored: ing pissed that we don't have our cars yet :rant:

Greatful to be getting it at $44,554.23 Vert., but nun-the-ess, it is NOT the 1st

as my contract states.

SC2004 -

Mine was built 6/27 and disappeared into the upfitter's Black Hole. All attempts to locate it by most normal means failed. The railroad located it for me at the upfitters through the plant shutdown. This past Wednesday, Ford CR continued to say there were no updates, but delivery date was changed from 7/14 (not met) to 8/3. Railroad, however, said it was loaded on car #ETTX 104812 (or something like that) at 1418 local time Tuesday and the car would be spotted for unloading Thursday. Car arrived at dealer in SE Virginia about noon yesterday unannounced, I drove it home last night.

Not sure how much this helps. I, too, was very frustrated that I couldn't get updates, or that various agencies all had different information. One answer I got frequently was that the dealer can find out the status of any of his cars anytime. That may be true, SOMEBODY at the dealer maybe can. Depending on dealership rules, as I now find out, the salesman may not be in the 'circle of privilege' and may be unable to help. That was the case for me. Many at the dealership are not overly as impressed as we are with cars and so the urgency is less to get the answer for you.

I do not counsel others to have the patience I lack, so I won't patronize you by telling you to be patient. I hope your car, like mine, was often closer to me in the final stages than I'd realized.

Greatful to be getting it at $44,554.23 Vert., but nun-the-ess, it is NOT the 1st

as my contract states.

Your's was probably caught in the plant shutdown like mine did. May not be the first, but at least we are not paying way over the sticker.....besides, if there were any bugs, they would be in the first ones! Hang in there....you'll be driving yours soon. My only concern is turning in the '04....hopefully they adjust the lease per the contract and don't make me pay the remainder. I still have 5 payments to make 30 months.

SC2004 -

Mine was built 6/27 and disappeared into the upfitter's Black Hole. All attempts to locate it by most normal means failed. The railroad located it for me at the upfitters through the plant shutdown. This past Wednesday, Ford CR continued to say there were no updates, but delivery date was changed from 7/14 (not met) to 8/3. Railroad, however, said it was loaded on car #ETTX 104812 (or something like that) at 1418 local time Tuesday and the car would be spotted for unloading Thursday. Car arrived at dealer in SE Virginia about noon yesterday unannounced, I drove it home last night.

Not sure how much this helps. I, too, was very frustrated that I couldn't get updates, or that various agencies all had different information. One answer I got frequently was that the dealer can find out the status of any of his cars anytime. That may be true, SOMEBODY at the dealer maybe can. Depending on dealership rules, as I now find out, the salesman may not be in the 'circle of privilege' and may be unable to help. That was the case for me. Many at the dealership are not overly as impressed as we are with cars and so the urgency is less to get the answer for you.

I do not counsel others to have the patience I lack, so I won't patronize you by telling you to be patient. I hope your car, like mine, was often closer to me in the final stages than I'd realized.

Just got off phone with Dealership, still showing "no open trace" and "released". Basicly, I have no idea where the heck my car is. Car was built 6/27 and was showing released 7/19 and ETA has changed for the second time to week of 7/26. I noticed one person that posted many good pictures on this site, his car needs to be detailed, very dirty and you can tell from the dirt and water spots on grill and engine that car sat outside in the rain and blowing dirt. I guess I won't be able to ever say that my car has never been sitting outside in the rain! Oh well, if it's raining when she arrives, I won't feel bad at all about driving her home. I know Ford wants to make sure they get it right the first time, but letting these GT500's sit outside in the blowing rain sure isn't my idea of quality control!!! What gives? Can't Ford at least leave them inside until they are inspected? I know, lets send these guys a box of "Inspector Pens" and get the show rolling. I feel a little better now.

mine was built 6/19 and an eta of 6/26 I still have no clue where my car is. The funny thing is-- I've already completed all my paperwork A while ago and will probably start making monthly payments on a car I don't even have!!!! :fan::sos: I wonder if I will be out of warrenty when I recieve my car :shrug: This is truely getting out of control!!!!

mine was built 6/19 and an eta of 6/26 I still have no clue where my car is. The funny thing is-- I've already completed all my paperwork A while ago and will probably start making monthly payments on a car I don't even have!!!! :fan::sos: I wonder if I will be out of warrenty when I recieve my car :shrug: This is truely getting out of control!!!!

Now we know why they say it is an instant collectible! By the time we get them, they will already by antiques!

SC2004 -

just put up post about where I think my car is " Quality Hold"

as my contract states.

Well, as expected, not on the rail yet....no ETA....and now Ford is trying to say that the Powerlease Holders have a 90 day window. So if you haven't made at lease 27 payments, you will have to make up the difference. I have made 24, so they say I need to make 3 more!! I checked the lease, and it doesn't mention a 90 day window anywhere...it just says that the lease terminates when the new car arrives. This PL deal is really starting to suck! Except for the price...but Ford is screwing me with a 12% interest rate!

There is no such thing as interest rate on a lease. Sorry, Truth in Leasing dictates that the cost of funds be differentiated from APR, or interest rate discussions.

The rate is on the purchase of the 2007 not a lease. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

bill -

Shop around. You should be able to beat that. Not sure about your credit history, and I'm not asking 'cause it's nobody's business but yours. BUT, unless it's really bad, you should be able to do much better elsewhere. For example, if you can join Navy Federal Credit Union, you can get as low as 4.5% on 100% of the price. Even if you don't qualify for that, other rates are available from others in the 6% range.

bill -

Shop around. You should be able to beat that. Not sure about your credit history, and I'm not asking 'cause it's nobody's business but yours. BUT, unless it's really bad, you should be able to do much better elsewhere. For example, if you can join Navy Federal Credit Union, you can get as low as 4.5% on 100% of the price. Even if you don't qualify for that, other rates are available from others in the 6% range.

Have tried, but my beacon score is too low for great rates. My own bank, where I have a large account could only do a 10.5%, but wants me to put 20% down, where are with Ford, they only want $1,000 down...and Ford Credit is always easy to work with.

Found out my car was released to be striped yesterday and now has an eta of 8-7

Bill -

Good deal on the delivery date and hope they meet it. I think at least some of the bottleneck must have to do with plant downtime even though the upfitters were supposedly working (both o fthem!) during the break.

Thought I'd chime in on the rates because someone on this board suggested Navy Federal. I hadn't thought of them, nor thought I'd qualify to join. I went with them and saved a bunch. Wanted to pass along what I'd heard 'cause it helped me.

Bill -

Good deal on the delivery date and hope they meet it. I think at least some of the bottleneck must have to do with plant downtime even though the upfitters were supposedly working (both o fthem!) during the break.

Thought I'd chime in on the rates because someone on this board suggested Navy Federal. I hadn't thought of them, nor thought I'd qualify to join. I went with them and saved a bunch. Wanted to pass along what I'd heard 'cause it helped me.

Thanks....I have a little time still, so I will give it a shot! Can't hurt anything. Any idea what "Released" to be striped means? Does it mean that it is getting them? Or just sitting in another line?

Bill -

Can non-military join the Navy Credit Union?

Fastbackman -

Yup. But there are restrictions. I'm Civil Service, so I'm eligible. Once I joined, my wife became eligible as a dependant (don't tell her I used that word!). Best way to find out is to Google Navy Federal Credit Union and add your state name. The home page has a 'who can join' drop down menu.

I am still waiting for Ford to ship from Flat Rock! Being a powerlease buyer, I am starting to loose patience as more and more Shelby's are popping up on Ebay. Why are dealers getting these cars that are not even sold units? 2 more just popped up today right here in Florida, while mine is still sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped. Boy Ford is certianly not making much effort to ship the sold units to customers!

I feel better now!

my car is here and I don't know what to do with myself it was supposed to be here 6/26 and got to the dealer 7/27 a month late but better late than never. I still have to go 850 miles to get it. I wish it was around the corner.

That's better than I'm doing. Mine was built 9 days before yours and it still hasn't arrived. Produced on 6/17 and had an ETA of 7/6, then 7/13, now 8/3. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

clay only cleans the dirt out of the pores of your paint. after you wash your car use the clay with a quick detail spay for lubrication. then use your polish or wax. i even use it on my glass. for more detailed info go to griotsgarage.com and "have fun in your garage".

Good morning all!! Just got into my store and had a message on the machine from Ralph Earning (spelling) at the AIA plant. He said my car was shipping via rail this weekend and should arrive in 7-14 days!! :woohoo:

What a great guy!

He called me yesterday as well and said mine was being loaded on railcar this weekend also. Mine is coming on CSXT to Memphis. I now need the railcar number to track it. I have a desire to pick it up personally and trailer it to the dealer for PDI to avoid the spoiler damage. (Truthfully to get my hands on it sooner.)

It was built on 7/22 and released on 7/24. Ralph was very nice, took time to talk, returned my call the next day and is an overall good will ambassador for FORD. He did say he was getting alot of calls even from people without VIN numbers. He can't help you if you do not have a VIN. You will have to bug the dealer and wait in line for that.

He emphasized that the cars were being handled and inspected with great detail. Said they were NOT leaving the plant with any quality issues.

What a great guy!

He called me yesterday as well and said mine was being loaded on railcar this weekend also. Mine is coming on CSXT to Memphis. I now need the railcar number to track it. I have a desire to pick it up personally and trailer it to the dealer for PDI to avoid the spoiler damage. (Truthfully to get my hands on it sooner.)

It was built on 7/22 and released on 7/24. Ralph was very nice, took time to talk, returned my call the next day and is an overall good will ambassador for FORD. He did say he was getting alot of calls even from people without VIN numbers. He can't help you if you do not have a VIN. You will have to bug the dealer and wait in line for that.

He emphasized that the cars were being handled and inspected with great detail. Said they were NOT leaving the plant with any quality issues.

OK, I"ll jump in. I spoke to Ralph Friday. My car is supposed to ship this weekend, via truck, for a delivery mid week. We'll see.

:shift:

bj

OK, I"ll jump in. I spoke to Ralph Friday. My car is supposed to ship this weekend, via truck, for a delivery mid week. We'll see.

bj

Crap! :baby:

Mine was supposed built 6/14 and released to the gate last week, still no rail car, sounds like a there 1-2 weeks minimum according to what I am reading above :cry:

I felt your pain, but not anymore. Got Deliver on 7/20/06. It is well worth the wait. :happy feet:

For what it's worth, I'm in San Diego, got the It's shipped from Flat Rock on 7/13/06 and got the delivery 7 days later. They are more beautiful in person than any of the pictures. My 13 year old already called dibs as the second owner. Maybe in 30 years :doh:

Crap! :baby:

Mine was supposed built 6/14 and released to the gate last week, still no rail car, sounds like a there 1-2 weeks minimum according to what I am reading above :cry:

Well.....they can't even tell me if it really shipped. I'm guessing it won't be here this week. My turn to say:

CRAP! :fan:

bj

Archived