TEAM SHELBY FORUM

delivery dates

intguys

My car was built on June 8th the arrival date was supposed to be June 26th. Car has been released a long time ago??

Spoke with dealer today who says they have heard nothing and the only way they can track it is if its on a rail car?

He said when cars go through a certain depot they take forever, some times days some times weeks.

Promised July 1st at latest now nothing?

September 1st our summer is pretty much over here. So much for planning a special vacation with the Shelby inc hotel rooms etc. should have known somthing was amiss. Oh well at least I am keeping the miles low

Your car has been built since June8th and NO delivery yet? UNBELIEVABLE!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here KingCobra, but Son of GT said they are running about a week behind :rant:

Maybe thats why Toyota& Honda are catching the Big Three they are always behind. Ford should have sent the vehicles to Shelby & let him do them we might have some cars shipped by now.

I think the whole thing is a big mess, I am wondering if the crank issue is causing delays? I think they may have shipped a few just to say they where on sched but in all actualaty they are really behind on production. I orered mine a while back, they told my dealer that the Vin# had been pulled, but as of last week they are still not showing it on the oasis system. Ford really needs to get ti together. Everyone paying over sticker and waiting for their cars. We should get a discount from ford. I am still Mad about the whole Mach 1 thing. First ford tells us we are building it for one year then they milk it for two. Wish you all the best. I am still happy with my 03 Cobra for now. Plus it's faster than the new Shelby

If your car was completed on 8 June, or even if it just had a build date of 8 June, the car had to be completed that next week. Mine was completed 16 June, but wasn't "Released to Gate" until the 30th. Mine is on the train to Kentucky, maybe already there. From there it gets trucked to SC. Yours has to be getting to you very soon! You should have two or three weeks to drive it before September 1st! Hang in there!

e

I dont think they will ship until next week. The plant is in the middle of a two week shutdown.

My dealer says he found mine after contacting the VOPC. Sitting on a lot in MI. With the shutdown it won't ship out until after 17th. Uuuugggghh!

Just found out mine, though still being promised to the dealer by 7/14, is still collecting pigeon crap in a lot at the upfitters who are backed up. Though I'm not as far up the thermometer as 2008GT500KR, I have to say that the overall impression I'm getting on this whole project is the appearance that a lot of people don't seem to know what they are doing. Maybe it's like this for most new vehicle launches, but I tend to doubt it. Seems like a repeat of the 2005's release and the attendant delays and quality problems. I just doesn't look like they have thought everything through from the beginning. From the PowerLease crap right down to the Shaker 1000 and convertible problems. And, let's see, they said they couldn't paint the stripes on because it would slow down the line or delay the completion of the car. So they are putting on tape stripes that are made of maybe two dozen pieces each.

Am I missing the big flick here?

Just found out mine, though still being promised to the dealer by 7/14, is still collecting pigeon crap in a lot at the upfitters who are backed up. Though I'm not as far up the thermometer as 2008GT500KR, I have to say that the overall impression I'm getting on this whole project is the appearance that a lot of people don't seem to know what they are doing. Maybe it's like this for most new vehicle launches, but I tend to doubt it. Seems like a repeat of the 2005's release and the attendant delays and quality problems. I just doesn't look like they have thought everything through from the beginning. From the PowerLease crap right down to the Shaker 1000 and convertible problems. And, let's see, they said they couldn't paint the stripes on because it would slow down the line or delay the completion of the car. So they are putting on tape stripes that are made of maybe two dozen pieces each.

Am I missing the big flick here?

I TOLD MY DEALER TO TELL THE MANUFACTURER TO THROW THE DAMN STRIPES INSIDE THE CAR- SHIP IT - AND I'LL PUT THE DAMN THINGS ON MYSELF!!

Maybe thats why Toyota& Honda are catching the Big Three they are always behind. Ford should have sent the vehicles to Shelby & let him do them we might have some cars shipped by now.

You obviously do not understand what Shelby's capabilities are. I can picture the post now.

"My car was built yesterday, now it will be another 14 days to go to Las Vegas for Shelby to finish the vehicle, geeze cant Ford do anything themselves"

I called Ford Customer Service yesterday as my GT500 was scheduled to ship on the 13th with an eta to the dealer on the 20th. I found out that it is still on schedule, and was built on June 30th....however, status still just says produced...not shipped. Does Ford update customer service info daily?

Just spoke with customer service and they have ZERO new information for me. This sucks.

They treat Power Lease Customers this way?

I think ALL Power Lease Customers should tell Ford they will be remembered when the Next SVT vehicle comes avail. This is my 5th new SVT but will be my last.

Think I will purchase a new Camaro & a Challenger when they come out and park them right up front during the day at my local Ford dealer handing out brochures and giving people what they want, telling them what a great vehicle they are even if they are a piece of crap. Just take up the space used by their shi$#@ golf carts.

I will spend the time MY DEALER did not.

I will even take out a color ad in local paper/Trader see the new CAMARO ^ CHALLENGER at YOUR LOCAL FORD dealer! THink I will go put about 25k down at each dealer today so I can get one of the first ones of each.

Screw this nonsense.... anyone want a Shelby with a June delivery that never happened?

I am going to send this post to Manager of my local dealership and give him 24hrs to come up with something or he can shove it.

I am also a Power Lease customer and feel your pain,

but remember this may work to our advantage later!

Ford has made good for screw-ups so try to wait it out.

Besides, there is another member who is looking at a lawsuit against Ford!

Your PSDS is out of control "I KNOW YOU STILL WANT A COBRA"

I called Ford Customer Service yesterday as my GT500 was scheduled to ship on the 13th with an eta to the dealer on the 20th. I found out that it is still on schedule, and was built on June 30th....however, status still just says produced...not shipped. Does Ford update customer service info daily?

The info in the computer is updated daily. However sometimes nothing changes so there is nothing new on a particular vehicle. If it is produced but has not changed for a bit, that is because the plant is shut down. If you ordered the stripes then the unit will not show shipped until the stripes are installed.

The info in the computer is updated daily. However sometimes nothing changes so there is nothing new on a particular vehicle. If it is produced but has not changed for a bit, that is because the plant is shut down. If you ordered the stripes then the unit will not show shipped until the stripes are installed.

Do you know how accurate the ETA is? As of Friday, they were still telling me the 20th. But the computer only says produced and not shipped. Very confusing.....and a little irratated being a PL holder and not getting any news from Ford as to the car being shipped. It was built on June 30th...no wonder Ford is in so much trouble. They build the cars and never ship them!! Do they realize that we can't buy them when they just sit in their parking lot collecting bird poop?

Do you know how accurate the ETA is? As of Friday, they were still telling me the 20th. But the computer only says produced and not shipped. Very confusing.....and a little irratated being a PL holder and not getting any news from Ford as to the car being shipped. It was built on June 30th...no wonder Ford is in so much trouble. They build the cars and never ship them!! Do they realize that we can't buy them when they just sit in their parking lot collecting bird poop?

Do not count on that eta. My car was built, striped, and released for shipment. Three etas have passed, July 3rd, then July 8th, then July 15thand it still has not shipped. I checked Friday and found out that the customer service lady I was talking to was reading from a one page script that Ford had given her and she said they had not iupdated it for a while. When I asked for a different cutomer service number she said she did not have one and she really did not work for Ford. They outsource their customer service and she was located in Florida. That tells you how important customer service is to Ford. They do not want to be bothered with it so the outsource it.

Doesn't that make you feel wanted!

msdcobra

Do not count on that eta. My car was built, striped, and released for shipment. Three etas have passed, July 3rd, then July 8th, then July 15thand it still has not shipped. I checked Friday and found out that the customer service lady I was talking to was reading from a one page script that Ford had given her and she said they had not iupdated it for a while. When I asked for a different cutomer service number she said she did not have one and she really did not work for Ford. They outsource their customer service and she was located in Florida. That tells you how important customer service is to Ford. They do not want to be bothered with it so the outsource it.

msdcobra

Gee....that sure makes me feel special! I don't know what good have a Powerlease did toward getting a first Shelby! Ford definetly needs to work on customer relations.

msdcobra

what is the # that your calling to get info?

what is the # that your calling to get info?

I have been calling 1-800-392-3673, choose option #4, then #1 for English, then #2. Today I went to my dealer and they we even less helpful. The lady that orders said her computer still says "bucked" not produced and no eta. This is beginning to really suck! Being a PL holder means nothing to Ford.

Last week I got my build week as the week of July 22. Yesterday My dealer gave me a delivery Date of Aug 12 . :yahoo: I Scheduled the day off but I have a feeling I'm going to have to reschedule that. I guess I really don't care as I'm just glad to get any info I can. I know my day is coming soon. I can't wait. :shift:

I had another bad "where is my car!" day yesterday! To save anyone from searching, mine was completed on 16 June and released to gate on 30 June. I have had no less than four ETDs (23 & 29 June and 10 & 17 July) and it is still not visable to anyone I can find to check for me.

I have a tendency to lose sight of the big picture at times. The real deal is that I actually should get my Shelby sometime this summer and assuming I do, I am one of the most fortunate guys on these forums! There are a lot of us that know they won't see them until late in the year or even next year. Many that want one still don't have their orders in place!

From what I have heard and read, this car is worth waiting for! We are going to love the car!

Let's all have a little patience here!

I know, easier said than done!

Best of luck to us all!

I had another bad "where is my car!" day yesterday! To save anyone from searching, mine was completed on 16 June and released to gate on 30 June. I have had no less than four ETDs (23 & 29 June and 10 & 17 July) and it is still not visable to anyone I can find to check for me.

I have a tendency to lose sight of the big picture at times. The real deal is that I actually should get my Shelby sometime this summer and assuming I do, I am one of the most fortunate guys on these forums! There are a lot of us that know they won't see them until late in the year or even next year. Many that want one still don't have their orders in place!

From what I have heard and read, this car is worth waiting for! We are going to love the car!

Best of luck to us all!

Don't worry....it probably got caught in the plant shutdown, as did mine. Mine was completed on the 30th and had an eta of tomorrow (7-20), but my dealer found out yesterday that it is still in Flatrock. However, he did get the invoice yesterday, so he is expecting it to arrive shortly. Hang in there....I am sure these cars are well worth the wait!!

Best of luck to us all!

wise words! I'm one of those unfortunate who have not yet placed their order. I have a guaranteed spot and I know I will get one, but I'm not sure exactly when. I am supposed to have more order info on placing my order today. I think the dealership I'm buying from is supposed to be able to place the order (their 2nd GT500) the first week of August.

Until then, I will be living vicariously through those getting their GT500s early. I'm just glad to see them finally hitting the streets. I see the time from 'build week' to 'delivery' is about a month. Anyone care to guestimate how long it takes from the time the dealer actually can place the order to when the 'build week' is assigned? Wondering when i finally have my order placed how long I can expect to wait after that to get my new toy... <_<

wise words! I'm one of those unfortunate who have not yet placed their order. I have a guaranteed spot and I know I will get one, but I'm not sure exactly when. I am supposed to have more order info on placing my order today. I think the dealership I'm buying from is supposed to be able to place the order (their 2nd GT500) the first week of August.

Until then, I will be living vicariously through those getting their GT500s early. I'm just glad to see them finally hitting the streets. I see the time from 'build week' to 'delivery' is about a month. Anyone care to guestimate how long it takes from the time the dealer actually can place the order to when the 'build week' is assigned? Wondering when i finally have my order placed how long I can expect to wait after that to get my new toy... <_<

Personally, I am getting a little TO with Ford. As a Powerlease buyer, we were promised the first cars. I had an eta of the 20th.....now my dealer is saying the 10th of August. The car was built on June 30th! Wait in the world is taking so long to ship it?? Seems like all the non powerlease people are getting their cars first.

My dealer called to say mine is on MATERIAL HOLD.

Coupe, Vista Blue, No Over the top stripe, no Shaker 1000.

Anyone have any clue as to what the current material hold is??

Called Ford Customer Service, gave my order number and got the same info.

Niether can say why there is a current material hold??

Fell like i'm lost in space!!!

In a never ending time warp!!

Scottie beam me up; or better yet beam my car down

Archived