TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer price

Multiply the MSRP by 0.87 (87%) and that will give you a very close approximation of actual dealer cost. However, this "ammo" likely won't do you any good as they will be negotiating (or not) knowing that they will sell every one they get for better than MSRP.

Does anyone know what the dealers are actually paying for the Shelby? I thought that every little bit of ammo I had could help negotiations with my small town dealer.

Hey....I want some of what you're smoking.

:cheerleader:

bj

Not smoking anything. I'm close to the dealer and just want him to know that I know how much he will be screwing me! A little guilt might help with a few bucks. Then again maybe he won't be as close after this deal! :rant:

Uh huh. As long as he doesn't have access to a computer, as never heard of eBay and has been under a rock for the past year, you oughta be good to go.

As for being close....yeah, you'll be close all right. Make sure and get a goodnight kiss or at least a handshake.

:shift:

bj

:read:

Not smoking anything. I'm close to the dealer and just want him to know that I know how much he will be screwing me! A little guilt might help with a few bucks. Then again maybe he won't be as close after this deal! :rant:

[/quoteIf you are as close as you say you are....... Why don't you try this approach, just ask him what he paid for the vehicle net, net, net. I'm sure if you two are close he wouldn't mind telling you. Furthermore, he probably won't mind telling you that he wants to make a handsome profit. Now maybe, it all depends on what or who he thinks may be handsome. :doh::poke:

Get serious and take a hint from whats on these threads. You won't find a MSRP deal for some time to come. Do you understand ADM, because that's what your looking at for quit some time like 2007, 2008 etc. :cry:

Guilt? I'll tell you what...go to the dealership, and ask for their dictionary. Look up the word guilt and tell us if you find it. :hysterical:

I'm sure you meant well and probably a little embarrassed by some of the past comments.

Hang around and you will learn more on Stangs Unleashed than any other site out there.

It will help you become more prepared for endeavors pursuing your dream.

Good Luck man and don't get discouraged! :car:

Sorry I asked. Good luck to all of you.

Jay, I apologize if I was a bit harsh. My intention was only to say not to get your hopes up regarding negotiating with your dealer...they are in a strong position of power at this point in time.

If you are unwilling to pay higher than MSRP, then you do have lots of options.

1) Wait...maybe prices will come down

2) Wait...maybe they'll come out with an "in between" version such as a Mach I

3) Buy a Mustang GT and modify it

4) Buy a competitor's product (not advised :hysterical: )

5) Other options I haven't thought of

Good luck!

Dave

Archived