TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Brace

There have been quite a few questions regarding whether our Shelby Coupes will be getting a Strut Brace. DarkSyde kindly posted some pics from the Tulsa meet and I noticed that the Tungsten with Silver Stripes Coupe indeed had a Strut Brace Installed.

See http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...wtopic=1612&hl=

I'm now assuming that they will? Robert, you were at the meet, any Input? How about 07 SHELBY, I believe that you've viewed the 'First Builds' coming off the Line? :shrug:

Thanks!

There have been quite a few questions regarding whether our Shelby Coupes will be getting a Strut Brace. DarkSyde kindly posted some pics from the Tulsa meet and I noticed that the Tungsten with Silver Stripes Coupe indeed had a Strut Brace Installed.

I'm now assuming that they will? Robert, you were at the meet, any Input? How about 07 SHELBY, I believe that you've viewed the 'First Builds' coming off the Line? :shrug:

Thanks!

In another thread I mentioned that I had received it from a reliable source that the strut tower braces were on the production models. That reliable source was 07 SHELBY.

This months SVT enthusiast (whatever it is called) says it will not be included. The cars got increased support through welds and it only added weight to the already heavy front end. Not a big deal. If you really want one, it is an easy add on.

DarkSyde - From the pics it almost appears as if the seats had red stitching. Can you confirm, seems that some do and some dont ?

Thanks

According to Andrew at SVT, only the Shelby's with the red interiors will have red stitching on the seats. The ones with the black interiors will not.

Thanks!

Yes the strut brace will be a friend of mine how own a dealership when to a meeting in Montreal Yesterday call to tell me that he had sit in the SHELBY Vert and told me about the size of the motor and told that there was the strut brace.

Yes the strut brace will be a friend of mine how own a dealership when to a meeting in Montreal Yesterday call to tell me that he had sit in the SHELBY Vert and told me about the size of the motor and told that there was the strut brace.

Bummer... I feel they're useless if a chassis is built right.

All they say is, "I flex so I was braced." :doh:

Official word from SVT is the talk about extra welds, and therefore omitting the strut tower

brace is bogus. The brace will be on the production models.

And, yes the red stitching will only be on the seats when the crimson/charcoal combination

is chosen, but it will still be on the steering wheel, with the all charcoal interior.

Also the guy I spoke to is still saying he "believes" the SHELBY lettering on the rear

deck lid is pinned.

They have no information regarding performance packages, that is all up to

Ford Racing.

KingCobra.

• 3 weeks later...

Ask orange snake, his sister allready has a gt500 in her possesion!

Her ragtop has the brace....I hope that the coupe does as well. Another 15lbs on the front of this car isn't going to hurt anymore than all the rest of it and I prefer the peace of mind.

Archived