TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production model vs prototype

GregMakitra

I would like to start this with a GREAT THANK YOU to all that made this happen.

I have started this poll to let buyers let you know what they may think that was left off the production model that we all have seen.....

First...

The Proto type has side scoopes and wide tail lamps... The lights should be sequential!!! Where did they go???

Where is the roll bar?

Lets all get started and let FORD know what we really want BEFORE the 1st production Mustang Shelby rolls off the line in 35 years!!!!

I would like to see real guages,unlike the crap that is in my 97. Decent seats. Stripe delete because I like stealth. Move the antenna to the rear as the front fender looks cheap. Let owners have lots of spec info (spring and shock rates) so that we can make informed choices about aftermarket severe duty parts. Live up to the plan letting existing SVT buyers get theirs without the markup crap. We believe in SVT and sell your cars EVERY time we drive them. How about keeping the faith with us. Performance, Substance, Exclusivity and Value. I suggested "Total Performance" as a tag line quite a while back and I see that in the latest press release. With the rest of the industry now playing catch up and building on a very good reputation you already have(GOD BLESS Coletti) lets do this thing right and show the world that form follows function. Thanks to all the people that keep the blue oval on the tips of enthusiast tongues. (As they drool)

I have to agree with a lot that Jet stated up there. As far as the auto it was rumored that Ford was looking at a possible SMG type one with F1 shifters on the steering wheel. I have not heard anything since the initial rumors back in January 05.

Who knows .. but I am doubting it right now.

Definitely have to move that antenna to the rear!

What I want added from the show car (in order of preference):

Twin Screw Blower;

Front air splitter, rear diffuser, ground effects;

At least the show car's interior door panels--lose the red inserts.

What else?

Add the GTR's taillamp assembly

Or at least offer some of these things as options...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree about the antena. It looks ugly, especially on the front fender. My last car had it mounted in the glass of the back window, like the defrosting wires. I would like to see quarter window scoops as an option. I would like to see them stick with the nineteen inch wheels as standard to further separate this from the standard mustangs. I don't like the new raised black plastic hood air extractors, they have anti-bling! Swaping the black plastic grilles for chrome, (same finish as the new bezels around the speedo and tach on the dash) could look pretty cool. As someone who put down a deposit and will be getting one of the '07 40th Anniversary models, I would like to see some kind of special package offered to denote the fact that the '07 is extra special.

I have heard that their may be three wheels offered on the Shelby. A few SVT reps have mentioned various "options" available for the Shelby including the leather dash being an upgrade if they have to cut cost for the base model to slide under that magical 40K mark.

That is one option I would pay for...that and the taillights mentioned a million times.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see the '07 GT500's available in the colors that the Shelby Mustangs were available in back in the '60's - plus the new colors for the guys that aren't as much into the retro stuff as some of us are. Those of us who have owned Shelby's from the '60's would love to be able to get one in the same color as their old car. For me, to have an '07 GT500 in Dark Moss Green to match my '67 GT500 would be the ultimate! They would look incredible sitting in the garage next to each other!

They state that it is a custom candy apple red.  They also have a listing of all MRT did to the car as well in the SEMA thread.

693[/snapback]

Hey, thanks Milstang!!!

Looks pretty simulat to what I would expect the FireRed to look like, maybe a bit deeper though.

KingCobra.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT PRICE AND SKIMP ON HIGH PERFORMANCE FEATURES / OPTIONS LIKE IRS AND 500HP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't car if the car is under $40k, I want a full blown kick A** SHELBY!

Keep the prototype NY auto show hood! Tweak engine to at least 500hp. Offer IRS as an option! Implement all classic muscle car colors!

I have heard the same from three different SVT reps that the Valencia orange was being seriously considered for the list.

814[/snapback]

3rd paragraph down, last sentence. Valencia orange will pay homage to the Trans-Am champion Boss 302s of 1970. The orange w/ black detail is sweeet. B)

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...lby/index2.html

Archived