TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rules of Engagement

RUFDRAFT

Yes, it's late!

I got thinking about how I react to "bogies" on the road and thought I'd see what gets you all in "attack" mode.

Let's say you're on the Interstate and a car comes up in your mirrors.

You identify the intruder.

You judge distance - weather - and what else?

What does it take for you to "engage" in a little road play?

Do you identify the bogey and do a search in your mind for what he/she might have for weaponry?

Are you more likely to engage a superior ride - or one you know that will be an easy target/kill?

Finally - what kind of cars do you try to "engage" if you're in the left lane?

Me? I like to try and agitate high-end cars - usually without much success. :bandance:

If the car is a sports car (not a lowly sedan just speeding) I'll usually wait for it to pass then match speed. If it speeds up, or brings itself parallel, game on. The oppoosite is true if I'm the one overtaking. As for weather, if the road is wet or visibility is low, no game.

This may seem chicken-sh**, but I do like to blow away ricers with the stupid fart-can mufflers and show them what real horsepower sounds like.

Back in the day, it was automatic if a Grand National, Corvette, or other pony car (Camaro, Trans Am, etc) pulled up to the stop light with me. Being a little more mature now, I tend to defer a race in town - it's not worth losing my ride.

You got me thinking back to my "cruise" nights!

And - I gotta be honest - if I had my girl with me, the odds of me "engaging" someone went up dramatically! I wanted to show her that her man was the Man. :rockon:

Of course, if things didn't work out well, I'd blame the "damn trannie!"

You got me thinking back to my "cruise" nights!

And - I gotta be honest - if I had my girl with me, the odds of me "engaging" someone went up dramatically! I wanted to show her that her man was the Man. :rockon:

Of course, if things didn't work out well, I'd blame the "damn trannie!"

Trannie? You hung out in the "weird" part of town? :hysterical:

Archived