TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/CS orders

mark1

My sales guy said they have only 4 more on order and they are at "Material Hold" right now. Maybe due to Flat Rock being offline. He said that would be all they order for 07. He said he only had one 07 regular coupe coming that he knows of right now. There were no 07 brochers in the sales area when I was there Sat. Seperately I ordered a Pony engine cover and the Parts Manager said "What's that?????

Here is my delivery 7/8.l_qtr.jpgPDRM0001.JPG

l_qtr.jpg

PDRM0001.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sales guy said they have only 4 more on order and they are at "Material Hold" right now. Maybe due to Flat Rock being offline. He said that would be all they order for 07. He said he only had one 07 regular coupe coming that he knows of right now. There were no 07 brochers in the sales area when I was there Sat. Seperately I ordered a Pony engine cover and the Parts Manager said "What's that?????

Here is my delivery 7/8.post-4599-1152534183_thumb.jpgpost-4599-1152534245_thumb.jpg

You should of said, "It's a feedbag for my Mustang". :hysterical:

Hey man, I like your car. White is a classy color. And it's easier to keep clean than the darker ones. Good luck with your car.

PS - That parts manager doesn't sound like a Ford man!

Thanks! I like it a lot so far!

PM - LOL you might be right about that!

It cracks me up when I go into the various dealerships around here and I know more about the

Mustang than they do. If it was my job to sell cars I would be on the net reading and trying to

know everything I could about them. I too, have been getting the same statement about brochures.

((Not a slam on salesmen around the country, just the few I have talked to))

My only worry is if I wait until later in the year (Nov/Dec) to order a CS they might have stopped

production on them for the year.

As for the colors that White Stang that belongs to "awakeinAZ" is a beautiful car. I wish the strips

on the darker color cars could be a different color so they show up. Or at least give us the option

to have other colors. I still have not decided on what color I want. I wanted the Alloy color then

realized that they don't make the CS in that color.

Anyway, thank you all for the photo's of your new cars as they are truly awesome.

I hope to join you eventually with photo's of my own GT/CS convertible....................

Paul

Just called VOPC and the update today was that the car was released from a Foreign assembly plant and is scheduled to arrive the week of June 30, one week earlier than the initial update stated. What foreign plant builds Mustangs, Canada? Either way, it's moving right along now!! :happy feet:

Update - the car made it to the dealer. The problem is that it came in without the heated seat option that I ordered. Have to wait until Monday to get it. The dealer is installing the heated seats. The car arrived at the "ramp" on July 2. Start to finish, the order took 7 weeks from order to the ramp. It took another week to get to the dealer due to the holiday. Not bad for a GT/CS that's supposed to be in limited production. :happy feet:

Guest evilchris

Update - the car made it to the dealer. The problem is that it came in without the heated seat option that I ordered. Have to wait until Monday to get it. The dealer is installing the heated seats. The car arrived at the "ramp" on July 2. Start to finish, the order took 7 weeks from order to the ramp. It took another week to get to the dealer due to the holiday. Not bad for a GT/CS that's supposed to be in limited production. :happy feet:

Make sure he puts in the proper buttons on the bottom of the center stack for the heated seats.

Please explain to me what the X-Plan is and how it works. I have been reading about

people asking for pins to buy their cars or trucks using the X-Plan, but I have no idea

how it works.

Can you go to any dealer? Can I get a pin now and use it in a few months? Our you

promissed to get your car under the invoice price? :shrug:

Thanks in advance for the info................

Please explain to me what the X-Plan is and how it works. I have been reading about

people asking for pins to buy their cars or trucks using the X-Plan, but I have no idea

how it works.

Can you go to any dealer? Can I get a pin now and use it in a few months? Our you

I work for BP and they have a fleet plan agreement with Ford. That was how I got my pin for the discount. Attached is a link to Ford's plan that should help. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

My Webpage

how it works.

I just read through the link I sent and that probably did not help much. Check with your employer and see if they have a fleet agreement with Ford. If they do they will have a code that you can put on the

website I sent in the first post and you will then get a pin you can take to the dealership. When I informed the dealership I was using the X-Plan they were very receptive to me using it. They actually make more money through Ford than selling a car the regular way at invoice.

I work for BP and they have a fleet plan agreement with Ford. That was how I got my pin for the discount. Attached is a link to Ford's plan that should help. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

My Webpage

I just read through the link I sent and that probably did not help much. Check with your employer and see if they have a fleet agreement with Ford. If they do they will have a code that you can put on the

website I sent in the first post and you will then get a pin you can take to the dealership. When I informed the dealership I was using the X-Plan they were very receptive to me using it. They actually make more money through Ford than selling a car the regular way at invoice.

Cool, thank you for the info..........

I just found out today that I'm eligible for the X-Plan. The salesman suggested it after asking who I worked for. He was straight up, and showed me several recent deals. It's the best deal other than being a Ford employee. You'll pay around invoice and Ford reimburses the dealer...and they encourage it. You have to prove employment at the company/municipalitaly/whoever so call your HR department...you can't just walk in with a P.I.N. like some are trying.

Thanks Five for the pics...I'm going to reconsider the Redfire.

Anyone know the benefit of the cloth top vert option? My salesman said he didn't know they were available for ,07. He said Ford is great at educating the public, but not their sales force. Obviously. It's amazing how little information these people have about their own product...

Any input on the top will be appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

Guest evilchris

I just found out today that I'm eligible for the X-Plan. The salesman suggested it after asking who I worked for. He was straight up, and showed me several recent deals. It's the best deal other than being a Ford employee. You'll pay around invoice and Ford reimburses the dealer...and they encourage it. You have to prove employment at the company/municipalitaly/whoever so call your HR department...you can't just walk in with a P.I.N. like some are trying.

Thanks Five for the pics...I'm going to reconsider the Redfire.

Anyone know the benefit of the cloth top vert option? My salesman said he didn't know they were available for ,07. He said Ford is great at educating the public, but not their sales force. Obviously. It's amazing how little information these people have about their own product...

Any input on the top will be appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

I got a PIN from BlueOvalForums and "just walked in with a PIN". It was accepted.

I got a PIN from BlueOvalForums and "just walked in with a PIN". It was accepted.

It's easy enough, however they probably won't be able to validate your PIN if you don't actually work for an x-plan partner in which case they just sold you a car at roughly invoice. We'll sell Mustang GT's all day long at invoice anyway - no PIN required.

Guest evilchris

It's easy enough, however they probably won't be able to validate your PIN if you don't actually work for an x-plan partner in which case they just sold you a car at roughly invoice. We'll sell Mustang GT's all day long at invoice anyway - no PIN required.

What is the purpose of giving your last 4 of your social to the X-plan sponsor on Blue Oval Forums? I imagine something is being submitted...

What is the purpose of giving your last 4 of your social to the X-plan sponsor on Blue Oval Forums? I imagine something is being submitted...

I don't know, but it sounds like fraud to me. In any case my point was why not just find a dealer that will sell it to you at the x-plan price even without a PIN? In the end it's no different than making a deal at invoice or just below invoice.

...much better than giving some stranger on the web part of your social security number.

Guest evilchris

I don't know, but it sounds like fraud to me. In any case my point was why not just find a dealer that will sell it to you at the x-plan price even without a PIN? In the end it's no different than making a deal at invoice or just below invoice.

...much better than giving some stranger on the web part of your social security number.

I posed the question on the forum:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4753

I also live in San Diego man, it is *impossible* to get a dealer to sell a Stang to you at anything lower than sticker. ( aside from year end closeouts, I could get a lot rotted, dealer lot monkey raped 2006 for near invoice now )

I posed the question on the forum:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4753

I also live in San Diego man, it is *impossible* to get a dealer to sell a Stang to you at anything lower than sticker.

We've noticed - we get calls from Cali, AZ, and NV all the time. We used to sell in to there quite a bit, but this year Ford stopped allowing non-CA dealers to order CA Certified vehicles.

...what a racket

My dealer is offering me a Mustang GT at $500 over invoice, but made a point of telling me that if I were a member of the American Quarter Horse Association for a minimum of 60 days, that I would be eligible for a $500 rebate, thus reducing the cost of the car to invoice. (BTW, membership with the AQHA is $35.)

I thought it sounded like a good deal. Am I deluding myself?

My dealer is offering me a Mustang GT at $500 over invoice, but made a point of telling me that if I were a member of the American Quarter Horse Association for a minimum of 60 days, that I would be eligible for a $500 rebate, thus reducing the cost of the car to invoice. (BTW, membership with the AQHA is $35.)

I thought it sounded like a good deal. Am I deluding myself?

Maybe. AQHA is a good deal. Check with your dealer first to verify that you will buy for $500 over invoice (and know what the invoice is), but that you then plan on using your $500 rebate from AQHA. Get it in writing. Best of luck!

Oh yeah. The Internet sales guy and I have established a rapport; I'm pretty sure he'll honor his word. I will get it all in writing, just to be sure. He's more or less promised me the car I order will be invoice + $500. Not MSRP, not the dealer's "idea" of invoice, but the actual invoice. (I know that they actually pay less than invoice when it comes to holdbacks and all that, but I'm okay with that, since I don't have any special purchase plan.)

Oh, and I joined the AQHA. Nice organization. Even if I don't have a horse! I've always LIKED horses! :lol:

I just rec'd an X-Plan PIN from a Ford employee via their "Friends and Neighbors" program. I rec'd mine from the same website that Evilchris did.

I haven't used it yet but I don't expect any problems using it. It's not a company sponsored x-plan deal... my name and info are now registered with Ford (so I can't sell or transfer the PIN). The PIN email actually came from Ford and not the person who set me up with it - he was just the "sponsor" and he's also a Ford employee. I beieve that Ford employees get 4 x-plans a year to give out.

I'm going to order an '07 GT and this is just a simple way to get a great no haggle price on the car I want.

Guest evilchris

I just rec'd an X-Plan PIN from a Ford employee via their "Friends and Neighbors" program. I rec'd mine from the same website that Evilchris did.

I haven't used it yet but I don't expect any problems using it. It's not a company sponsored x-plan deal... my name and info are now registered with Ford (so I can't sell or transfer the PIN). The PIN email actually came from Ford and not the person who set me up with it - he was just the "sponsor" and he's also a Ford employee. I beieve that Ford employees get 4 x-plans a year to give out.

I'm going to order an '07 GT and this is just a simple way to get a great no haggle price on the car I want.

Yes, I got the same email from a "ford.com" mail transfer server. That tells me it's legit.

Hell, maybe I should ask my salesman if he'd consider giving me a PIN! :woohoo:

You salesmen doesn't work for Ford though, he works for a Ford dealer.

Yes, I got the same email from a "ford.com" mail transfer server. That tells me it's legit.

You salesmen doesn't work for Ford though, he works for a Ford dealer.

Do you get a better Deal if you work for Ford (friends and family) (X plan)

or if you work for a Ford Dealership????

Do you get a better Deal if you work for Ford (friends and family) (X plan)

or if you work for a Ford Dealership????

It's all spelled out on my quote (Redfire vert), which they're required to do.

MSRP: $38,095

Invoice: $35185

A/Z Plan (employee) $33719

D Plan (Dealer) $33819

X Plan (freinds/suppliers) $35119

X Plan is a done deal for me. They're estimating 4-8 weeks. But...

FDAF Assessment charge of $420 (supposedly for the dealer's share of advertising and rebates). Yeah, right...lots of those on these cars.

Also said the system requires the 53B comfort Group for $575 with the GT/CS...like I need heated seats in Florida. Doesn't make sense, going back tomorrow...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived