TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/CS orders

mark1

Just curious about whether many GT/CS 07's have been ordered. I am thinking of ordering one but have not seen much about them lately. Would definitely like to see some more pics. Anyone seen it in red?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello - I did order the white, vert as shown in the pics. Messages on the board indicate it gets a wing rear spolier if you care about that. My dealership told me they ordered 4 CS cars so, they said if I don't want it they will move it to the showroom. No other info like VIN's/ Start/Stop or delivery is available.

I ordered a Redfire vert April 19th. Dealer tells me that it's build day was last Friday, and that it should arrive the last week of June. I currently have a "06 vert GT (Silver). The original information on the GT/CS led me to believe that the car was 1.5" lower to the ground over the GT. Of course, I now know that we are speaking of the front air dam being lower, not the entire car.

I tried to change the color to Vista Blue two days after the original order was placed. Unfortunately that change did not occur. So the big question: Is it really worth changing cars? Oh, one positive - the '06 has 17" wheels, the '07 has 18".

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Well, I assume you like the vert. configuration since you ordered a second one. You already took a hit for depreciation for the first car. If you like the current I would keep it if I were you. Why don't you post a pic :)

I know what you mean on the 1.5", I have seen that blurb several different ways too so it's hard to figure out if there would be an advantage to tradeing up. You don't really have anything else to gain.

Spoke with the dealer this afternoon; I'm told the 2007 GT/CS will arrive the first week of July. Hard to believe we are that close to the new model out on the street. Has anyone else heard how close the '07s are in arriving?

I ordered a CS on May 11. It's getting built this week and is scheduled to arrive the first week of July. :happy feet:

I ordered a CS on May 11. It's getting built this week and is scheduled to arrive the first week of July. :happy feet:

WOW - Very cool on the new arrival.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I was wondering what you had ordered! Don't be shy, tell us!

WOW - Very cool on the new arrival.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I was wondering what you had ordered! Don't be shy, tell us!

Vista Blue, GT appearance package, black and parchment interior, tan top, heated seats, satin interior panels, automatic, pretty much everything you can get except for Sirrius. I'm putting in an Alpine system with XM radio. Looking forward to getting it.

Vista Blue, GT appearance package, black and parchment interior, tan top, heated seats, satin interior panels, automatic, pretty much everything you can get except for Sirrius. I'm putting in an Alpine system with XM radio. Looking forward to getting it.

Ok, I thought above you said GT CS but that sounds very nice. Keep us posted and provide some pics!!!!

Spoke with the dealer this afternoon; I'm told the 2007 GT/CS will arrive the first week of July. Hard to believe we are that close to the new model out on the street. Has anyone else heard how close the '07s are in arriving?

The '07's are already showing up at some dealerships! There are pics of a white GTCS vert and a black one over on the Brad Barnett forums, they both were spotted at dealerships just a couple of days ago. They look really nice!

Ok, I thought above you said GT CS but that sounds very nice. Keep us posted and provide some pics!!!!

He did say that, and all of the options he listed are available on the CS. I think he was just clarifying what extras he has on it.

The '07's are already showing up at some dealerships! There are pics of a white GTCS vert and a black one over on the Brad Barnett forums, they both were spotted at dealerships just a couple of days ago. They look really nice!

He did say that, and all of the options he listed are available on the CS. I think he was just clarifying what extras he has on it.

hmmm, I thought no tan tops on CS! Thx for the recap Tres!

Spoke with salesman (a good friend) last week. He told me that my order for a '07 GT/CS, ordered 04-19-06 was scheduled for production this week, with delivery the 1st week of July. He called today with news that production is now the first week of July, with delivery 2nd or 3rd week in July.

Does this have to do with the plant going on vacation? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Spoke with salesman (a good friend) last week. He told me that my order for a '07 GT/CS, ordered 04-19-06 was scheduled for production this week, with delivery the 1st week of July. He called today with news that production is now the first week of July, with delivery 2nd or 3rd week in July.

Does this have to do with the plant going on vacation? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Whew, I don't think they're right on that. My dealer is telling me mine is scheduled for production next week and it may or may not get shipped before the shutdown. I -think- the shutdown is the first 2 weeks of July, so there isn't going to be anything made the first week of July. I'll do some checking to see exactly when the shutdown is...

It is a GT/CS. I forget to put the CS on the end of the last post. :doh:

Just called VOPC and the update today was that the car was released from a Foreign assembly plant and is scheduled to arrive the week of June 30, one week earlier than the initial update stated. What foreign plant builds Mustangs, Canada? Either way, it's moving right along now!! :happy feet:

Just called VOPC and the update today was that the car was released from a Foreign assembly plant and is scheduled to arrive the week of June 30, one week earlier than the initial update stated. What foreign plant builds Mustangs, Canada? Either way, it's moving right along now!! :happy feet:

Mine also says "as of 6/16/2006 your vehicle was was released from Foreign Assembly Plant with eestimated date of arrival week of June 25, 2006". All Mustangs are built in Flat Rock, Michigan so the term "foreign" must be some internal thing.

Chip in SC

Interesting news: the 07 Red Fire GT/CS vert showed up at the dealership yesterday, June 26th. The interior is black/parchment which is okay. I'm not fond of the GT Appearance group.

I went for a short drive with the 07 (18" wheels), following the same route with my 06 GT vert (17" wheels).

The 07 felt less harsh! Watch out in parking with the front air dam, it already has a scrape from a concrete curb.

What to do? I hate the fake scoops. Guess I'll wait to see what the trade difference is.

We got our first GT/CS in today and I'm very impressed. I like the hood scoop, but I really like the front air dam. Overall I'd recomend the California Special package to most of our GT buyers. Engine cover and interior aren't bad, but aren't anything too amazing either. Honestly, I like the look of the GT/CS better than the GT500 I saw at the auto show, although that may be caused by the wheels (I really don't care for the Shelby wheels)

Also I was suprised by the Sirius antenna. I expected the big dorky thing on the roof like on the 500's, but its on the trunk lid, and although it isn't good looking, it doesn't stand out like on Explorer, 500, F-150 so I could live with that option also.

For those wanting to see pictures here's the Redfire GT/CS coupe we just got.

http://www.webboundinc.com/unionaut/unionautoinc/id39.html

Guest evilchris

We got our first GT/CS in today and I'm very impressed. I like the hood scoop, but I really like the front air dam. Overall I'd recomend the California Special package to most of our GT buyers. Engine cover and interior aren't bad, but aren't anything too amazing either. Honestly, I like the look of the GT/CS better than the GT500 I saw at the auto show, although that may be caused by the wheels (I really don't care for the Shelby wheels)

Also I was suprised by the Sirius antenna. I expected the big dorky thing on the roof like on the 500's, but its on the trunk lid, and although it isn't good looking, it doesn't stand out like on Explorer, 500, F-150 so I could live with that option also.

For those wanting to see pictures here's the Redfire GT/CS coupe we just got.

http://www.webboundinc.com/unionaut/unionautoinc/id39.html

I would have bought a C/S, but Ford really blew it not allowing the Premier Trim option. The extra leather really helps the plastic Mustang interior.

My wife and I are going to purchase a 07 GT/CS Covertible after I sell my 68 Coupe.

What I am trying to find out is, I had read that the CS would be limited production. We were

going to wait until Dec 07 to purchase our vehicle. Would that be a mistake? Does anyone

know when they will stop taking orders for CS's??

The other thing I find funny is I have been to dealerships in Maryland and they have CS coupes

on the lots. Beautiful cars, but they don't have any Brochures. 07 cars on the lots, but no data

on them. What's up with that??

Last, I have seen the white, Red and a black CS, but not a good side view of a Blue CS. Does

anyone have a pic of that??

My wife and I are going to purchase a 07 GT/CS Covertible after I sell my 68 Coupe.

What I am trying to find out is, I had read that the CS would be limited production. We were

going to wait until Dec 07 to purchase our vehicle. Would that be a mistake? Does anyone

The other thing I find funny is I have been to dealerships in Maryland and they have CS coupes

on the lots. Beautiful cars, but they don't have any Brochures. 07 cars on the lots, but no data

on them. What's up with that??

Last, I have seen the white, Red and a black CS, but not a good side view of a Blue CS. Does

anyone have a pic of that??

Vista - Lots of people have asked the same. This thread on another forum didn't get any responses either.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49872

There has not been a lot of info and dealers sure don't know much about CS orders. You can look for 2007 order guides online but basicly, Ford has not let out bunches of information. They are to busy making cars I guess. I heard 7000-9000 CS cars this year.

My local dealer got 3 recently. One black coupe sold about 2 hours after arrival.

1 white Vert (mine in about 2 hours from now)

1 white coupe they added $3,000.00 "Market Adjustment" price on to the bottom of the sticker.

Vista - Lots of people have asked the same. This thread on another forum didn't get any responses either.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=49872

There has not been a lot of info and dealers sure don't know much about CS orders. You can look for 2007 order guides online but basicly, Ford has not let out bunches of information. They are to busy making cars I guess. I heard 7000-9000 CS cars this year.

My local dealer got 3 recently. One black coupe sold about 2 hours after arrival.

1 white Vert (mine in about 2 hours from now)

1 white coupe they added $3,000.00 "Market Adjustment" price on to the bottom of the sticker.

Well I really hope you enjoy your car. I would like to see it when you get it. All I know now is I

will have to keep on top of things to make sure I can order my car the way I want it. We will see..

Thanks for the response. Enjoy your car!!!

All,

I have been searching the web or CS information, specifically how may CS's they will make.

Got my answer in all places StangsUnleashed.com at the following address:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...p;p13_fileid=80

This is a powerpoint briefing that I assume Ford sent to the dealerships to discuss the new 07

line-ups, what is included, what to stress, pricing, trim mixes to order, etc.....

In the Mustang section they state they expect 8700 units in the first Manafacturing year..........

That is probably what they expect gets sold, but it might mean what they expect to make.

Anyway the PPT. presentation is kinda cool to see in it's own right as far as information goes.....

Later and enjoy.........

Does anyone

There are rumors that they will be adding Grabber Orange to "job 2" production, so I don't think they'll stop taking orders on them anytime soon. I'd guess they'll be with us for at least a couple of model years.

The other thing I find funny is I have been to dealerships in Maryland and they have CS coupes on the lots. Beautiful cars, but they don't have any Brochures. 07 cars on the lots, but no data on them. What's up with that??

The brochures are supposed to be sent to the dealerships in August. It is VERY strange that Ford is so behind on getting the info on 07's out. Their web site has no info on '07's, neither does their car locater system (forddirect.com). I was talking to a salesman at a dealership last week that said they can't even check to see if they have any CS's inbound because Ford doesn't have the CS code in the system yet!!

Last, I have seen the white, Red and a black CS, but not a good side view of a Blue CS. Does anyone have a pic of that??

I saw one today, but I was on a motorcycle and didn't have my camera with me. It looked really nice, better than I thought it would. The stripe is nearly invisible on the dark blue though.

There are a few pics of the Vista Blue GT/CS here in case you haven't seen them:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...17_sectionid=24

Archived