TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here is my deal

I have heard all of the stories of ordering cars from MSRP- $20,000 over, but get this. My dealer let me order the exact car I want with the options I want but............they would not commit to a price and told me that I have the first chance to get it at "market value" when it comes in. I just hope that it is the third out of the three that they receive so that the hype can dye down a little, even though I know it probably won't. What do you think of them apples?

I have heard all of the stories of ordering cars from MSRP- $20,000 over, but get this. My dealer let me order the exact car I want with the options I want but............they would not commit to a price and told me that I have the first chance to get it at "market value" when it comes in. I just hope that it is the third out of the three that they receive so that the hype can dye down a little, even though I know it probably won't. What do you think of them apples?

The only problem is those apples may turn into alot of DOLLARS unless you have something in writing.

Good LucK

Shelby 001

How will "market" be determined?

Is there some Blue Book of GT500 gouging that they will go by? Will they take bids on it and allow you to beat them? Ebay? Average of other dealers in your area?

I think I would get that figured out.

By the 3rd car, the market should slow significantly. Hopefully, that will mean much less than 10k over for you.

I bet your dealer is in Chattanooga, TN. I wouldn't deal with them! Market value gives the dealership the ability to interpret value and to squeeze you for more money. LET IT GO.

IMHO, deals like this don't hold any water. Basically what they are saying is that you'll be included in the auction when the car comes in, just like everyone else. That's how they will determine "market value"...they'll put you in a room and let the highest bidder have it.

I think it's ok to stay on the list, but just have your numbered sign ready and get some advil, cause your shoulder will hurt from raising your hand every time the price goes up.

Dave

worthless deal. Market value could be anything. I'd walk away - they are laughing at you.

And this is coming from a car salesman.

Howlingjay, I'd keep the deal open just to see what happens. Market might fizzle by then and you could get the car for a good price. If it doesn't, tell them thanks anyway, walk away and wait for Ford to make more of them. They will.

Howlingjay, I'd keep the deal open just to see what happens. Market might fizzle by then and you could get the car for a good price. If it doesn't, tell them thanks anyway, walk away and wait for Ford to make more of them. They will.

+1

That is what I plan to do. I just thought I would let everyone know that my dealer is not selling any cars until they hit the showroom floor. I guess I could offer them $80,000 and they would take it but there is no way I am going to break out the ky jelly!

my dealer is not selling any cars until they hit the showroom floor.

My experience has told me that is the norm. I called 7 dealers in my area this week. Of those, they are expected to get 11 cars (before any share of nation cars) based on what we know about allotment.

Of those 11, only 9 actually have money on them and a deal in place.

This works to our favor. The dealers are going to all be getting cars in a similar time frame. When all the cars suddenly become available, supply starts to outrun demand. Prices drop sooner.

My experience has told me that is the norm. I called 7 dealers in my area this week. Of those, they are expected to get 11 cars (before any share of nation cars) based on what we know about allotment.

Of those 11, only 9 actually have money on them and a deal in place.

This works to our favor. The dealers are going to all be getting cars in a similar time frame. When all the cars suddenly become available, supply starts to outrun demand. Prices drop sooner.

Yep...I've talked to a lot of dealers. I didn't pull up my tracking spreadsheet to double check, but I'd say +/-50% of the dealers I've talked to have not "locked" in a sale. Instead, they are keeping a list and looking for the highest price when they get the car. I, too, think that will work in our favor...probably by the second round of cars.

Archived