TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Terminates the Terminator

svttim

Excellent artical in Mustang and fast Ford. Fast time, 12.257 @117.18

Driver says all it needs is gears and It will be in the 11's with stock tires. They even ran a 12.67 with the traction control on. Bring on the C6!

That's awesome! I knew they'd be the ones to show what it will do! It was probably Evan Smith.

Evan Smith was the driver, It is the August issue. I have to work in the morning, I will try to scan sometime tomorrow.

Driver says all it needs is gears and It will be in the 11's with stock tires. They even ran a 12.67 with the traction control on. Bring on the C6!

MM&FF rules! Campy let me know a week ago that

"12.9 is great for those guys and 13.1 probably means the Road and Track guy

had to go home and change his shorts--some sort of speed record.

Yes, the car is portly but most of the work was done by the old SVT guys so

they are not blameless. The new car is just porky thanks to its size and

heavy chassis. Add in the iron 5.4 block, blower, intercooler, etc. And you

have nearly two tons of car.

Fear not, our times make the other guys look like the pikers they are and we

tested at Milan--not exacly the quickest track on earth.

Now go make sure this becomes the best selling MMFF ever--it is all up to

you now!!!

Jim" Stupid mail. Gonna buy a copy tomorrow!!! Let the wannabe's chew on rubber!!

It seems that getting good numbers from this car is going to take skill and technique. Even with the TC on, MM&FF's numbers are better than other magazine tests - MUCH BETTER.

Point and shoot techniques don't seem to get the job done. ;)

Once these cars are on the road, I expect lots of GT500 kill stories to show up on forums, and the stories about getting embarrased by a good driver in a GT500 to be rare. All the more fun for those that can drive and PRACTICE, practice, practice. :hysterical:

The MM&FF article testing the Terminator and SS Camaro with Evan Smith driving BOTH cars [interesting comparison to the GT500 article] - http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/feat...atch/index.html

Finally someone who knows how to DRIVE!! :woohoo: ....Not like those other RAG-A-ZINES! :rant:

My, my. How interesting.

On other threads here, no one seems to want to compare the GT500 and the C6. "They're different types of cars - the Vette is a two seater."

Here, however, the sentiment seems to be the C6 is, after all, a competitor.

??

:shift:

To those of you who have been in denial about the Vette vs Stang deal: you're full of crap!

Go ahead and tell me that if you were at light, and saw a C6 pulling alongside, you wouldn't be reaching for the TCS and licking your chops! No - don't bother telling me. I know you would. :hysterical:

Archived