TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting off the GT500 band wagon

supe

With the introduction of a "REAL" Shelby CS6, the question is will this hurt the factory Shelby? Three car club buddies pulled their names from the local Ford dealer GT500 waiting list. WOW these guy all own 1966, 1967 Shelby’s. Its looks like Mr. Shelby pulled a fast one… :blink:

With the introduction of a "REAL" Shelby CS6, the question is will this hurt the factory Shelby? Three car club buddies pulled their names from the local Ford dealer GT500 waiting list. WOW these guy all own 1966, 1967 Shelby’s. Its looks like Mr. Shelby pulled a fast one… :blink:

816[/snapback]

Just goes to my theory of how few of these people want the car, just the bragging rights for this weeks flavour...

816[/snapback]

Has Shelby announced pricing for these new cars he's producing? I personally think I prefer Ford's Shelby Mustang because it isn't too gaudy. The ones they announced this week look like something done on "Pimp My Ride", and being an old guy like I am I prefer the smaller deck lid spoiler rather than the 'Fast and Furious" style. I'll bet they are outrageously expensive because of the very limited production number.

The new Cobras are not a "real Shelby". The Real Shelby's will be not be manufactured at some assembly plant in Michigan. Take that same car send it to the aftermarket Shelby Headquarters and now you have a real Shelby. Only 25 V-8 are scheduled and I am trying to get on the list. Have fun with your SVT.... I want a SHELBY MUSTANG. Not an SVT ford fiesta,Lightning piece of Found on road dead crap....

The new Cobras are not  a "real Shelby". The Real Shelby's will be not be manufactured at some assembly plant in Michigan. Take that same car send it to the aftermarket Shelby Headquarters and now you have a real Shelby. Only 25 V-8 are scheduled and I am trying to get on the list. Have fun with your SVT.... I want a SHELBY MUSTANG. Not an SVT ford fiesta,Lightning piece of Found on road dead crap....

853[/snapback]

Congratulations!

I'll take my SVT fiesta with L/T's, smaller pulley, and maybe 4.10 gears please. Then I can guarantee I'll be having fun.

The new Cobras are not  a "real Shelby". The Real Shelby's will be not be manufactured at some assembly plant in Michigan. Take that same car send it to the aftermarket Shelby Headquarters and now you have a real Shelby. Only 25 V-8 are scheduled and I am trying to get on the list. Have fun with your SVT.... I want a SHELBY MUSTANG. Not an SVT ford fiesta,Lightning piece of Found on road dead crap....

853[/snapback]

Ha Ha Ha

It's nice to have comics on the site...

Okay, buddy. Congratulations & good luck. More power to you... :rolleyes:

853[/snapback]

Using that logic the folks who own '68, '69 and '70 Shelbys don't own "real" Shelbys because they were produced in Michigan and not California? That's not an argument I'd want to start.

I think to make a Shelby, it takes collaboration between Ford and Shelby - which is what we have with the new GT500.

Ford is obviously covering the expenses for the manufacturing, design, marketing, engineering, warranty and legal cost associated with the GT500. Not to mention the allocation of cars (a major hindge-pin).

I was talking with a manager at Ford who said that as long as the marrige between Ford and Shelby remain healthy, everyone will be happy.

AMEN BROTHA!

I thought Former E39M5's comment about Ford reliability was funny. As if sending a stock Mustang to an aftermarket tuner for "Shelby-izing" would make it somehow more reliable--not some "found on road dead crap". This guy knows Shelby/Ford History, oh yeah. Hence, the "Comic" comment on my last post...

Sorry, but I had to flame on...

AMEN BROTHA!

I thought Former E39M5's comment about Ford reliability was funny.  As if sending a stock Mustang to an aftermarket tuner for "Shelby-izing" would make it somehow more reliable--not some "found on road dead crap".  This guy knows Shelby/Ford History, oh yeah.  Hence, the "Comic" comment on my last post...

Sorry, but I had to flame on...

891[/snapback]

Light the torch my friend. I'm with ya!!!

KingCobra.

Archived