TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone know when the 2nd production round starts?

I called my dealer today to check on my Shelby. I am to receive the 1st of 3 cars this SVT, President's Club dealer was allocated this year. He told me (as he told me before) that the ORIGINAL SVT dealers will get the "first round" of cars, and he/I will get one car in the second round, since he isn't an original SVT dealer. Does anyone out there have any clue when the second production round will start or how many original SVT dealers there may be? Thanks! :sos:

I called my dealer today to check on my Shelby. I am to receive the 1st of 3 cars this SVT, President's Club dealer was allocated this year. He told me (as he told me before) that the ORIGINAL SVT dealers will get the "first round" of cars, and he/I will get one car in the second round, since he isn't an original SVT dealer. Does anyone out there have any clue when the second production round will start or how many original SVT dealers there may be? Thanks! :sos:

I'll relay to you this third party report that originated from a Ford Rep through my sales manager to me. This Rep said that my dealership will receive the 1st car in July, 2nd in October-November time period and the 3rd car next year.

Hope that helps!

Best of luck to you!

I'll relay to you this third party report that originated from a Ford Rep through my sales manager to me. This Rep said that my dealership will receive the 1st car in July, 2nd in October-November time period and the 3rd car next year.

Hope that helps!

Best of luck to you!

oldimp,

When are you supposed to get yours? My dealer (Bob Bennett) says their first Shelby will be arriving, along with my Mustang GT, between June 21 and June 27. I'm just up the road in Columbia. Did you come up for the Hot Rod Power Tour?

Chip in SC

oldimp,

When are you supposed to get yours? My dealer (Bob Bennett) says their first Shelby will be arriving, along with my Mustang GT, between June 21 and June 27. I'm just up the road in Columbia. Did you come up for the Hot Rod Power Tour?

Chip in SC

Chip,

No, I sure didn't get to the Hot Rod Power Tour!

I got a call from my sales manager today at lunch and he told me the estimated delivery date is 29 June now. It was 23 June earlier in the week! The good news is that it says "Bucked" now, which means it is on the assembly line according to Oh Five B!

You will love the GT! I got mine early January 04 and it has been a joy!

Chip,

No, I sure didn't get to the Hot Rod Power Tour!

I got a call from my sales manager today at lunch and he told me the estimated delivery date is 29 June now. It was 23 June earlier in the week! The good news is that it says "Bucked" now, which means it is on the assembly line according to Oh Five B!

You will love the GT! I got mine early January 04 and it has been a joy!

I hope to be there when they pull my car and the Shelby off of the truck. Wouldn't mind talking to the guy buying it but from what I have been told, he is a collector so it won't get driven much.

I'm going to try and get down your way to one of the Low Country Mustang monthly meetings soon. Maybe I can talk you into giving me a ride in your Shelby. The HRPT was really neat but there weren't as many Mustangs as I had hoped. GM Performance was one of the major tour sponsers (had the Camaro concept on display there as well as a Pontiac Solstice with a V8) so maybe that had some effect. Still would have been neat to see a GT500 or a Ford GT on the tour.

Chip in SC

I hope to be there when they pull my car and the Shelby off of the truck. Wouldn't mind talking to the guy buying it but from what I have been told, he is a collector so it won't get driven much.

I'm going to try and get down your way to one of the Low Country Mustang monthly meetings soon. Maybe I can talk you into giving me a ride in your Shelby. The HRPT was really neat but there weren't as many Mustangs as I had hoped. GM Performance was one of the major tour sponsers (had the Camaro concept on display there as well as a Pontiac Solstice with a V8) so maybe that had some effect. Still would have been neat to see a GT500 or a Ford GT on the tour.

Chip in SC

Chip,

For sure we will go for a ride! After corresponding with one of the guys on the Ford GT500 forum I think I will not likely be getting mine before the end of July. It seems that the plant shuts down furing July 1-16, so that leaves a really small window for my car to get out of there! Either way, I won't have it before the July club meeting because it is the last Tuesday of the month!

Stay in touch and we will take that ride!

Smitty

Archived