TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handguns and Shelbys

RUFDRAFT

AMEN BROTHER. Here in AZ. we/I have been stashing lot's of ammo, both rifle and handgun over the past few years. Actually, ammo has appreciated higher in percentages than gold over the past 12-18 months, so kind of an investment. The truth is, the $hits really comin and most people just either don't care or don't want to believe it. History repeats itself, for a fact.

Also, member here of Mohave County Minute Men.

Azbud

+1000 on that Azbud.

Now is the time to "Gun-Up" and at your local gunshow... The fewer people (read Govment man) that know what you got the better off you'll be in the long run... The gun grabbers know this and that's the real reason they want to end their so-called "gunshow loophole".

You should see my ammo dump :happy feet: From .22 shorts to .50 BMG and a lot of ammo for calibers that I don't even own :hysterical: I can't remember the last time I went to a gun show and didn't spend 1/3rd of my 'gun money' on ammo... Guns are great, but if you don't have ammo for them, and/or twist your own (reload), then they're just clubs. And ammo has a long shelf-life, I'm just getting through my last 1000 rounds of 1955 Lake City .30 cal in 8-round clips for the Garand, but not to worrie, I've got 'tons' more .30 cal ammo for my Garands...Thank you CMP!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, but this thread is just so bizarre to me. In Australia we have very tight gun control and I'm fully in support of that in this country because it works for us. People, other than criminals or would-be criminals and the obvious (ie. those that require guns for a living or livelihood, such as the police or farmers), don't carry guns. And it's uncommon for people to even have one in their home.

Shooting is generally talked about in Australia as a sport, not a method of self-defence.

And how is the ARMED robbery and MURDER rate in AU since your Gov't TOOK your handguns and such away in a POLICE STATE style removal???

You guys have it as bad as other places (Chicago, WA DC, etc....) that have "Gun Control" .....your rates for these styles of crimes have skyrocketed since the FORCED removal of your weapons.....Good, honest law abiding people are the victims....your criminal element will arm themselves no matter what your "LAW" states.

Remember what Hitler did in his steps to tyranny......disarm the masses....... :angry22:

And how is the ARMED robbery and MURDER rate in AU since your Gov't TOOK your handguns and such away in a POLICE STATE style removal???

You guys have it as bad as other places (Chicago, WA DC, etc....) that have "Gun Control" .....your rates for these styles of crimes have skyrocketed since the FORCED removal of your weapons.....Good, honest law abiding people are the victims....your criminal element will arm themselves no matter what your "LAW" states.

Remember what Hitler did in his steps to tyranny......disarm the masses....... :angry22:

And how do your follow unarmed, law abiding country men & women "In The Bush' fair against the armed thugs that roam the Bush robbing, rapping and murdering them?

The Auzies let the Liberals in their Government screw them "Down Under"...

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my latest :hysterical3: "carry gun"

000_0971.jpg

000_0970.jpg

000_0969.jpg

You might guess what my opinion is on this topic,

BTW, I just finished living in Australia for almost 3 years, Perth to be exact, and their gun laws are absurd at best..they are all geared to make gun ownership a complete pain in the A$$ thus not worth the expence or effort. Not to mention their laws about transfering state to state if you move.. :angry2: As for gun violence there, there was a nightclub shooting in Subi the first weekend I was there. And violent crime is just as bad they just use baseball bats and machetes when they cant steal a shotty.(look up school attack in Australia) Oh and remember that when you compair the two countries Australia has 10% of the population that America does. Hisssss

000_0969.jpg

BTW, I just finished living in Australia for almost 3 years, Perth to be exact, and their gun laws are absurd at best..they are all geared to make gun ownership a complete pain in the A$$ thus not worth the expence or effort. Not to mention their laws about transfering state to state if you move.. :angry2: As for gun violence there, there was a nightclub shooting in Subi the first weekend I was there. And violent crime is just as bad they just use baseball bats and machetes when they cant steal a shotty.(look up school attack in Australia) Oh and remember that when you compair the two countries Australia has 10% of the population that America does. Hisssss

Is that a 357 or the leaver to your flux capacitor? :hysterical:

Here is my latest :hysterical3: "carry gun"

000_0971.jpg

000_0970.jpg

000_0969.jpg

I agree.... Gun laws do not work. :banghead:

They work for the criminals only. :rant2:

I agree.... Gun laws do not work. :banghead:

They work for the criminals only. :rant2:

The U.S. Supreme Court is supposed to settle the issue in a case this term, you may have read. Gun law in D.C. is being challenged on 2nd Amendment grounds.

:superhero:

As a Deputy Sheriff for LA County, I find this thread interesting ;)

I can honestly say that depending on the geographics of the area you are in, carrying is a wise idea. I have almost been carjacked before when I had my Tacoma when I was leaving from work at about 11 PM. Luckily I had super dark tint....and my HK USP .45 Compact tucked under my leg. Guy runs up while I am stopped at the light from the street corner near me. I can plainly see the handle to an automatic tucked in his wasteband under his huge baggy shirt. I open my door and pretty much stuck it in his mouth by that point and said, "I have everything to lose, and I don't plan on it." Needless to say he tucked tail, talking trash the entire time about how if he saw me on the streets he would get me, blah blah blah. All I can say is, he better pray I do not see him first.

Keep in mind this is in downtown LA.

Now, I don't know about you, but driving this car to work made me REALLY nervous. The areas I have to drive through to get to and from work are terrible. I could care less about the car getting stolen, honestly, I just want to go home alive. Chances are if I get carjacked, they will try to take my wallet as well, which contains my badge. If I am not armed, and they find that, the temptation to kill a cop may be strong enough. Perhaps it is my job and training that makes me this way, but it is what it is.

Now, that said, who has a decent holster system for their car? Trying to carry in my car is the only thing I hate about it, the damn map pockets are too small, and I don't want to mar up the plastic center console! I am currently having a guy at work who does REALLY good leather work see if he can prototype me up a holster that mounts under the dash on the right side of the steering console. Chances are I will have to drill into it, but whatever. If it works out, I will post up some pictures and prices from him if anyone is interested.

As a Deputy Sheriff for LA County, I find this thread interesting ;)

I can honestly say that depending on the geographics of the area you are in, carrying is a wise idea. I have almost been carjacked before when I had my Tacoma when I was leaving from work at about 11 PM. Luckily I had super dark tint....and my HK USP .45 Compact tucked under my leg. Guy runs up while I am stopped at the light from the street corner near me. I can plainly see the handle to an automatic tucked in his wasteband under his huge baggy shirt. I open my door and pretty much stuck it in his mouth by that point and said, "I have everything to lose, and I don't plan on it." Needless to say he tucked tail, talking trash the entire time about how if he saw me on the streets he would get me, blah blah blah. All I can say is, he better pray I do not see him first.

Keep in mind this is in downtown LA.

Now, I don't know about you, but driving this car to work made me REALLY nervous. The areas I have to drive through to get to and from work are terrible. I could care less about the car getting stolen, honestly, I just want to go home alive. Chances are if I get carjacked, they will try to take my wallet as well, which contains my badge. If I am not armed, and they find that, the temptation to kill a cop may be strong enough. Perhaps it is my job and training that makes me this way, but it is what it is.

Now, that said, who has a decent holster system for their car? Trying to carry in my car is the only thing I hate about it, the damn map pockets are too small, and I don't want to mar up the plastic center console! I am currently having a guy at work who does REALLY good leather work see if he can prototype me up a holster that mounts under the dash on the right side of the steering console. Chances are I will have to drill into it, but whatever. If it works out, I will post up some pictures and prices from him if anyone is interested.

I just use a soft sided briefcase type thing (man bag LOL), which I keep upright and leaning back in the passenger seat. Keep the center area unzipped, and it has a pocket that is just perfect for my Kahr CCW 40 cal; all I have to do is reach over and down, and it is in my hand. Plus makes it easy to carry into and out of the house.

That's not a Ruger. THIS is a Ruger! : :hysterical:

post-12597-1211239167.jpg

post-12597-1211239176.jpg

Hey, that looks like my Ruger with a 6" barrel. Is that a 6"?

Love the balance and feel, it's a pleasure to shoot.

I use a Ruger SP101 as my carry. It's a 5 round .357. I carry a couple of 5 round speed loaders for a total of 15 rounds, just in case.

If conceal is not an issue I'll take my P226 9mm Sig Sauer. 15 + 1.

Ugh, it figures that my department starts the process to approve the Sigs for off duty carry AFTER I buy my HK! I mean, I love the HK, but it is only really concealable with a polo or button up semi casual shirt. No t-shirts! I hate carrying a S&W short barrel if I want to go out in shorts and a t-shirt. Stupid department with their carry restrictions.

Ugh, it figures that my department starts the process to approve the Sigs for off duty carry AFTER I buy my HK! I mean, I love the HK, but it is only really concealable with a polo or button up semi casual shirt. No t-shirts! I hate carrying a S&W short barrel if I want to go out in shorts and a t-shirt. Stupid department with their carry restrictions.

So your dept. has to 'approve' the weapon your choose to carry 'off-duty'? Can't you get a CCW from the LA Co. Sheriff and carry just about anything you want? I didn't realize that your department had to 'approve' the pistol you carry off-duty...If they have to 'approve' your off duty arm, do they provide it for you? I would suspect their (your departments) decision on which manufacture and model to approve has something to do with said 'manufactures' sales efforts to the department, hopefully if you have to buy the off-duty arm your dept. chooses the department can/will sell it to you at a wholesale price? Am I right or wrong, does your dept. sell the 'approved' off-duty arms to their sworn officers at wholesale prices?

My CCW was/is issued by the Humbolt Co. Sheriff and I can list 2 handguns on my permit and they can be just about anything between .38 Special to .45 ACP, excluding .44 Mag. , but the .44 Special is OK... My 'daily driver' is a H&K P7M10 .40cal squeeze-cocker, I find it to be very concellable with most casual business attire; my other CCW listed pistol is a Kahr PM9 9mm that I have a ankle holster for, but it also fits nicely into the lower pocket of of my 'cargo' shorts.

So your dept. has to 'approve' the weapon your choose to carry 'off-duty'? Can't you get a CCW from the LA Co. Sheriff and carry just about anything you want? I didn't realize that your department had to 'approve' the pistol you carry off-duty...If they have to 'approve' your off duty arm, do they provide it for you? I would suspect their (your departments) decision on which manufacture and model to approve has something to do with said 'manufactures' sales efforts to the department, hopefully if you have to buy the off-duty arm your dept. chooses the department can/will sell it to you at a wholesale price? Am I right or wrong, does your dept. sell the 'approved' off-duty arms to their sworn officers at wholesale prices?

My CCW was/is issued by the Humbolt Co. Sheriff and I can list 2 handguns on my permit and they can be just about anything between .38 Special to .45 ACP, excluding .44 Mag. , but the .44 Special is OK... My 'daily driver' is a H&K P7M10 .40cal squeeze-cocker, I find it to be very concellable with most casual business attire; my other CCW listed pistol is a Kahr PM9 9mm that I have a ankle holster for, but it also fits nicely into the lower pocket of of my 'cargo' shorts.

Unfortunately, getting a CCW in LA County is extremely difficult. I can carry any firearm off of a list of approved firearms. There are ones that are approved for on duty use, off duty use, or both. Some can be carried in a primary position, or backup one, or both. No, I don't get a discount, the only thing I can do is write it off on my taxes. Trust me when I say we think it is BS as well. We can't buy the firearms from our department, as they don't sell them. We either have to buy them from a firearms dealer, or from LAPD's department run law enforcement store (ironic, eh?). Oh well, thus is the position I put myself in. At least they had H&K on the list, all the others would probably get me killed in terms of reliability. I immediately replaced my issued Beretta with my USP.

I wish I could carry the Kahr, they are very nice. They are comfortable in the small of the back I found.

Now, don't get mad, but..........

There is a fundamental difference between our two countries............

That is something that doesn't even exist in Canada,

people walking and driving around with guns, and even

thinking of it. We don't chose not to, it just doesn't occur

to us to even consider it. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

KingCobra.

King, no offense, but correct me if I am wrong but it is not a matter that you choose not to but rather are not allowed. A government where citizens are allowed to protect themselves with a firearm have citizens. Governments that prohibit their citizens from protecting themselves have "subjects".

King, no offense, but correct me if I am wrong but it is not a matter that you choose not to but rather are not allowed. A government where citizens are allowed to protect themselves with a firearm have citizens. Governments that prohibit their citizens from protecting themselves have "subjects".

Wow! Never thought of it that way! I guess I am a citizen exercising my rights.

I'm sorry, but this thread is just so bizarre to me. In Australia we have very tight gun control and I'm fully in support of that in this country because it works for us. People, other than criminals or would-be criminals and the obvious (ie. those that require guns for a living or livelihood, such as the police or farmers), don't carry guns. And it's uncommon for people to even have one in their home.

Shooting is generally talked about in Australia as a sport, not a method of self-defense.

You don't have guns because you allowed your government to take your freedom away. Check your crime stats. Since you disarmed your armed robbery and home invasion robbery has skyrocketed. only the criminals have the guns now.

Archived