TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New guy. Just a few comments....

First, let me say that I really like this site. This is the most informative site out there. I am first on the list of two dealers for a 2006 Shelby and appreciate straight talk.

Second, a couple comments about the Shelby. The new Z06 is a lot faster period, but what a lot of folks don't talk about is that the Shelby is a four-seater. This is a huge advantage. The Shelby can also be tuned. Speaking of tuned. There is NO WAY that the Shelby runs much under a 13 second 1/4. Ain't going to happen at 4,000 pounds. The Z runs 12 flat and it is 3,100 and 500 hp. So, anyone who says differently is a homer.

I owned the first post-60's GT with a holly and factory "headers" back when I graduated from College. Anyone know when that was? 1986... Chummmmmms! That was a fun car, but I will say that 215 hp makes me laugh today. It drove nicely and the SVO was a little faster in most things, as my friend had one.

Finally, what color to get? These cars look great in any color except Red IMO. I was set on the Tungstun coupe, but the Orange is sweet. I was worried it would be too yellow, but they have darkened it up. Of course, the white and Blue are classic colors, and I love black on black cars.

Anyway, recently sold a nice big block 67' vette. I have a 7 month old, who will love this Shelby growing up. I CAN TAKE HIM IN THE CAR SEAT, WHICH I CAN'T DO WITH MOST OTHER CARS IN THE POWER CLASS (and not some preppie Euro snot car). Can you think of anything more fun to him when he hits 7 or 8 years old OR when he hits 16!

Keep the great info coming guys. this is a very good group of posters. Just don't get too carried away with how fast you can move a 4,000 lb. car!

Homer chiming in: 116 mph trap speed in the 1/4 mile means that a 3,900 lb car makes 520 hp (440 rwhp) and is capable of ET's in the high 11's or low 12's with proper traction and driver ability. Give me a GT500 with slicks, and I'll show you a 12.20 or better timeslip in the 1/4 mile - guaranteed!

First, let me say that I really like this site. This is the most informative site out there. I am first on the list of two dealers for a 2006 Shelby and appreciate straight talk.

Second, a couple comments about the Shelby. The new Z06 is a lot faster period, but what a lot of folks don't talk about is that the Shelby is a four-seater. This is a huge advantage. The Shelby can also be tuned. Speaking of tuned. There is NO WAY that the Shelby runs much under a 13 second 1/4. Ain't going to happen at 4,000 pounds. The Z runs 12 flat and it is 3,100 and 500 hp. So, anyone who says differently is a homer.

I owned the first post-60's GT with a holly and factory "headers" back when I graduated from College. Anyone know when that was? 1986... Chummmmmms! That was a fun car, but I will say that 215 hp makes me laugh today. It drove nicely and the SVO was a little faster in most things, as my friend had one.

Finally, what color to get? These cars look great in any color except Red IMO. I was set on the Tungstun coupe, but the Orange is sweet. I was worried it would be too yellow, but they have darkened it up. Of course, the white and Blue are classic colors, and I love black on black cars.

Anyway, recently sold a nice big block 67' vette. I have a 7 month old, who will love this Shelby growing up. I CAN TAKE HIM IN THE CAR SEAT, WHICH I CAN'T DO WITH MOST OTHER CARS IN THE POWER CLASS (and not some preppie Euro snot car). Can you think of anything more fun to him when he hits 7 or 8 years old OR when he hits 16!

Keep the great info coming guys. this is a very good group of posters. Just don't get too carried away with how fast you can move a 4,000 lb. car!

I think you mean2007 Shelby, also have you read Motor Trend who reported mid 12`s inthe 1/4 .

So make sure your 7mo. old son is strapped in his car seat safely.

Good Luck

Shelby 001

Yes they did but didn't you notice that it mentioned the track they were on was downhill?

It's true!!!

I saw it in an Ebay ad.

I think you mean2007 Shelby, also have you read Motor Trend who reported mid 12`s inthe 1/4 .

So make sure your 7mo. old son is strapped in his car seat safely.

Good Luck

Shelby 001

Archived