TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Indy Area Shelby's - A shot at a Magazine picture

iceman

I sent a few pictures and some info about my car to Muschle Mustangs and Fast Fords a while back. It looks like the Associate Editor ran it past Evan Smith and the response was favorable for May (Indy 500 Month for the rest of you) based on this e-mail:

Chris,

I am definately running it in our Reader’s Rides column for the May issue. However, Need to see some more detailed photos, so if you can, kick over a photo of the interior, the engine, wheel/tires, front 3/4, rear 3/4.

Thanks!

I thought maybe we could try to all get together at some point in some nice location and get a couple of nice pictures of a group of Shelby's and maybe get a little bigger spread or future interest for other issues???

Let me know if you have any interest or ideas on where a nice place me be to take some pictures - maybe we could make a drive out of it too.....It's not limited to GT500's only so anyone with another Shelby feel free to jump in too.

regards.

I'm defintely interested. I wonder if the Shelby Spring Fling in Nashville, IN would be a good time to get local folks togther. It'll be on May 16-18th.

He wants to run it in the May issue so likely we have to get pics in before April or Shelbyfest would be great. When weather warms up we can figure out as place - maybe in mid to late March.

I'm interested too...

A couple ideas for backgrounds...

1) the Pyramids on the north side of Indy

2) We have a park here in Columbus with an historic covered bridge in front of a small (~80 yards) pond.

3) If we could find one of those "girls in bikinis" car washes and ....ahem...."borrow" the help...Badboy might even come up our way for that one. :hysterical2:

I'm interested too...

A couple ideas for backgrounds...

1) the Pyramids on the north side of Indy

2) We have a park here in Columbus with an historic covered bridge in front of a small (~80 yards) pond.

3) If we could find one of those "girls in bikinis" car washes and ....ahem...."borrow" the help...Badboy might even come up our way for that one. :hysterical2:

I like the Bridge and Pyramids Idea - Would love to do domething with the Speedway in the shot but depending on what's going on that may not be a safe place to put the cars for a picture. As for the car wash - I imagine Brad's Gold Club would let a few girls out for some pics for a few bucks ;)

We have a great waterfall in my neighborhood but there is no way to get the cars to it so that won't work but if nothing else we could always hit a Ford dealer and use their sign as a backdrop or something. If anyone is a good photographer that would help. They are not sending one out for this initial opportunity and I'm not paying for pics so it's a do it your self thing. I have a digital camera that does OK but I am laking in the artistic skills area.

I am turning ins. back onto my car I think in Feb so I'll be ready when the weather is:)

I have a Canon Rebel XTi (35mm style digital) and a few nice lenses. I'm not an expert photographer, but, that camera makes it pretty easy. If I end up coming, I'll bring the camera.

I have a Canon Rebel XTi (35mm style digital) and a few nice lenses. I'm not an expert photographer, but, that camera makes it pretty easy. If I end up coming, I'll bring the camera.

That would be good - otherwise it will be my kodak that is beat to hell and i don't know how to work very well :) I e-mailed the guy again yesterday to see if he has any special shots he would want and the timing but he's out for a week at some convention or something. I think we will probably have to try to get this done not later than mid martch if we want to get it into the May issue he's talking about. I'm turning insurance on Feb 5th and hoping for an early warm up.

Now if I could just get them to send out my personalized plate!

I sent a few pictures and some info about my car to Muschle Mustangs and Fast Fords a while back. It looks like the Associate Editor ran it past Evan Smith and the response was favorable for May (Indy 500 Month for the rest of you) based on this e-mail:

Chris,

I am definately running it in our Reader’s Rides column for the May issue. However, Need to see some more detailed photos, so if you can, kick over a photo of the interior, the engine, wheel/tires, front 3/4, rear 3/4.

Thanks!

I thought maybe we could try to all get together at some point in some nice location and get a couple of nice pictures of a group of Shelby's and maybe get a little bigger spread or future interest for other issues???

Let me know if you have any interest or ideas on where a nice place me be to take some pictures - maybe we could make a drive out of it too.....It's not limited to GT500's only so anyone with another Shelby feel free to jump in too.

regards.

I recently purchased one of the GT-H's, I would be in for a group shoot.

I recently purchased one of the GT-H's, I would be in for a group shoot.

I'd look forward to you being there. I'd like to get a better look at one of them. I have only seen from a distance.

Archived