TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tires are so confusing!

GT500KR

Hello to all and Happy New Year,

Ok here is my problem, I have 4 VEDESTEIN 255/35 ZR 20 97V all around The car has be in storage sense before thanksgiving,one of the tires has gone flat and broke the bead. I need to replace it but I can not get the tire to match (I'm told it is discontinued). So I'm thinking I'll get 2 new tires for the rear and keep the 255/35 on the front. But I would like to put bigger or wider tires on the back, just to improve the stance a bit. My question is, What size tire is the widest and perhaps one that would have more sidewall showing that will fit? Clueless here.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, Thanks!

Without looking too oddball on the car, you're down to 2 choices..........your front are 27 tall now,

For rear, get either the Nitto Invo in 295/35/20 which is 28 tall or the Toyo T1R 305/30/20 which are 27.2 tall but a bit wider.........this is what I'm getting.....the Toyo'sbut if you want a bit more sidewall, get the INvo tire.

My opinion, the 285/30/20 that many have purchased look odd since the rear is lower than their 255/35/20 front. Rear to me should be the same or slightly taller

Without looking too oddball on the car, you're down to 2 choices..........your front are 27 tall now,

For rear, get either the Nitto Invo in 295/35/20 which is 28 tall or the Toyo T1R 305/30/20 which are 27.2 tall but a bit wider.........this is what I'm getting.....the Toyo'sbut if you want a bit more sidewall, get the INvo tire.

My opinion, the 285/30/20 that many have purchased look odd since the rear is lower than their 255/35/20 front. Rear to me should be the same or slightly taller

Thank you for that info, would you know where I can get that Nitto Invo in 295/35/20 tire?

Hi KR! Can't help you with sizing - but TireRack.com can.

I had Toyo TR1 (19's) on my car - now I have BFG KDW's - and the difference is remarkable. The BFG's are much stickier. (I do have 18's now, though - that might account for some of the increased traction)

Let us know what you come up with!

Ruf

Edit - Snoop and Orf also put some KDW's on.

Archived