TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 KR

carrera

I recently had the opportunity to speak with a Ford regional sales rep who mentioned that Ford is planning a multiple year run on the KR like 08,09 and maybe 2010. If this is true which I believe it is , think about how the folks who paid 50-70 grand over are going to feel about their one in a thousand KR. When I heard this it made me more sure that I did the smart thing by securing a place on the SS list. Please no flames I am only saying what I heard from a very reliable source.

I recently had the opportunity to speak with a Ford regional sales rep who mentioned that Ford is planning a multiple year run on the KR like 08,09 and maybe 2010. If this is true which I believe it is , think about how the folks who paid 50-70 grand over are going to feel about their one in a thousand KR. When I heard this it made me more sure that I did the smart thing by securing a place on the SS list. Please no flames I am only saying what I heard from a very reliable source.

I have no doubt they will do one for 09, but my guess is the 09 will be a convertible. I thinking it will be simular to how they did the SGT-H cars. One year coupes only and the next year verts only. Both years with a limited number.

As for the 2010, that won't matter as much because that car will have an entirely different look to it than the 05-08 model mustangs have. 2010 will have new reskin and probably a new interior design as well. So any 2010 models will be different from the prior year models.

I have no doubt they will do one for 09, but my guess is the 09 will be a convertible. I thinking it will be simular to how they did the SGT-H cars. One year coupes only and the next year verts only. Both years with a limited number.

As for the 2010, that won't matter as much because that car will have an entirely different look to it than the 05-08 model mustangs have. 2010 will have new reskin and probably a new interior design as well. So any 2010 models will be different from the prior year models.

like most of the time i agree with ya. i see them building a convt next year. that should be 2 years that we dont get a KR :redcard:

michael morris

like most of the time i agree with ya. i see them building a convt next year. that should be 2 years that we dont get a KR :redcard:

michael morris

Shelby Dude and Michael-Thanks for the qick info. As usual you guys are right on with valuable info. Considering all the possibilities prospective KR bidders should realize that the one of a thousand is for 2008 only. Any number is possible for there after.

Mike

I want a convert anyway. If they are not offering one in 08...ill take my chances and wait a year.

If the KR is going to be fords top of the line sport car/muscle car I doubt they would make it only in a convert.(if they make a convert at all)

No flames (I like coverts too)but hard tops/ coupe usually will be a better road race car/performance car then a convert.(And a KR's image is all about racing/performance)Hardtops are lighter also the car itself has less flex and usually are more aerodynamic.

If they make a convert I would bet coupes would be offered too.(most likely more coupes would be made then converts ,just like the gt500 run)

I also heard there will be 09 KR's for sure. That being said 09 gt500 will also be made.(no word yet on production numbers for 09)

If the KR is going to be fords top of the line sport car/muscle car I doubt they would make it only in a convert.(if they make a convert at all)

No flames but a hard tops/ coupe usually will be a better road race car/performance car then a convert.(And a KR's image is all about racing/performance)

If they make a convert I would bet coupes would be offered too.(most likely more coupes would be made then converts ,just like the gt500 run)

I also heard there will be 09 KR's for sure. That being said 09 gt500 will also be made.(no word yet on production numbers for 09)

:headscratch::headscratch::waiting:

Hard to believe that anybody is scratching their head over this.

The GT500 is still a hot item in its 2nd year. What possible reason would there be to stop building a car that does not require any incentives and can still command a full sticker price. How long do you need to ponder this one.

Will there actually be an 09 GT500? Use your head, the answer is in-your-face obvious!

I have no doubt they will build a 09 GT500, but my "guess" is once they officially announce that you will see 08's going for less than sticker and rebates will surely follow, either on remaining 08's or 09's if not both.

You have waited this long before being able to have any fun and enjoyment with one of these, what's another year? Your day is coming! :hysterical:

Guest markham51

I believe they will make a convert. Its not about speed, its about driving down the road with your favorite babe (or a good buddy) enjoying the open air experience on a warm Summer day! (Yes, we do have some warm summer days in Canada!)

I believe, I believe, Ibelieve.... :victory:

Archived