TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I GOT THROUGH!!!!!!

I called the VPOC and ended up speaking to an operator since T88 is STILL not recognized. Something I was told though is contradicting to what I read here.

Material Hold means that the dealer has to contact the Regional Rep to input an over-ride code so the vehicle can become serialized. I thought It meant "hold for materials"

like the Shaker 1000. Does this sound correct? Should I call my dealer and let him know this?

Seems like he should know that already right?

I called the VPOC and ended up speaking to an operator since T88 is STILL not recognized. Something I was told though is contradicting to what I read here.

Material Hold means that the dealer has to contact the Regional Rep to input an over-ride code so the vehicle can become serialized. I thought It meant "hold for materials"

like the Shaker 1000. Does this sound correct? Should I call my dealer and let him know this?

Seems like he should know that already right?

Geez, an over-ride code to unlock the vehicle for production?!! Sounds like we're playing a video game here where, in order to advance, we need to solve a puzzle! What gives? Are "over-ride" codes common with all ordered cars or is this just GT500 specific? :shrug:

Don't know about your dealer, but mine is small and I don't trust that they would "know" this already. I just sent them an email explaining this and I'll call them to follow-up. Go ahead and call them, it couldn't hurt to educate them early.

Hopefully, I will be able to advance to the next level of this apparent "game". The only question remaining is how many levels are there before I can get my car?

Geez, an over-ride code to unlock the vehicle for production?!! Sounds like we're playing a video game here where, in order to advance, we need to solve a puzzle! What gives? Are "over-ride" codes common with all ordered cars or is this just GT500 specific? :shrug:

Don't know about your dealer, but mine is small and I don't trust that they would "know" this already. I just sent them an email explaining this and I'll call them to follow-up. Go ahead and call them, it couldn't hurt to educate them early.

Hopefully, I will be able to advance to the next level of this apparent "game". The only question remaining is how many levels are there before I can get my car?

Please let us know what you find out on this issue...I'm in a similar boat...and my dealer is not very helpful. I'll also post if I hear anything....but doubt I will. :rant:

Dave

Guys...this is why you have to leave this stuff alone. These codes are put in place so the regions and the plants can do their jobs. A material hold can not be "unlocked" if we don't have materials. Just be patient....and leave the OPC calls to your dealer or region. This is getting crazy......must be why I can't get through to OPC when I need them!

Archived