TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THIRTY PERCENT rise from first PRODUCTION #'s

It's official now...Ford has raped the middle class Shelby buyer by increasing production to 10K units per year. DNA (depreciating negative asset) evidence will prove who the true culprit is. Initial investigations blame George (AKA-Gorgeous Greed) and Leo (AKA-Loose tongue Liar) while the asinine moronic imbeciles who lined up to pay $10,000 or more than sticker value say it is just good business and, as consumers and shareholders, we appreciate Ford raping us. Stay tuned for this story may not be over. George and Leo have been known to rape the same victims repeatedly. We will know more in the coming months when further announcements are made relative to production output.

:fan:

:doh:

It's official now...Ford has raped the middle class Shelby buyer by increasing production to 10K units per year. DNA (depreciating negative asset) evidence will prove who the true culprit is. Initial investigations blame George (AKA-Gorgeous Greed) and Leo (AKA-Loose tongue Liar) while the asinine moronic imbeciles who lined up to pay $10,000 or more than sticker value say it is just good business and, as consumers and shareholders, we appreciate Ford raping us. Stay tuned for this story may not be over. George and Leo have been known to rape the same victims repeatedly. We will know more in the coming months when further announcements are made relative to production output.

you mind telling us your sorce :doh:

how many coupes and how many verts

O.K. enough is enough!

You come onto a website dedicated to these cars and insult the members by calling many of them "asinine moronic embeciles". All because you are upset that a car you want is going to be built in larger numbers than you expected. You don't even own one yet, and only have a deposit on one.

GROW UP!

Buy it, don't buy it, pay what YOU think it is worth or don't own one....who cares. But GROW UP or stop insulting everyone else who feels differently than you.

Approaching a car like a share of stock is not smart. But, just like buying a stock, the company can easily release more stock WITHOUT the consent of the buyers of the company's product or all of its shareholders. That is life. And like a share of stock, it is all about PERCIEVED VALUE. And no money is lost or gained until a sale is made - especially for those who don't even own the stock.

I am happy more units will be made. This way more people can own one and the ADM may become reasonable or non existant. Either way I have still ordered one at MSRP and will live with my decision.

O.K. enough is enough!

You come onto a website dedicated to these cars and insult the members by calling many of them "asinine moronic embeciles". All because you are upset that a car you want is going to be built in larger numbers than you expected. You don't even own one yet, and only have a deposit on one.

GROW UP!

Buy it, don't buy it, pay what YOU think it is worth or don't own one....who cares. But GROW UP or stop insulting everyone else who feels differently than you.

Approaching a car like a share of stock is not smart. But, just like buying a stock, the company can easily release more stock WITHOUT the consent of the buyers of the company's product or all of its shareholders. That is life. And like a share of stock, it is all about PERCIEVED VALUE. And no money is lost or gained until a sale is made - especially for those who don't even own the stock.

I am happy more units will be made. This way more people can own one and the ADM may become reasonable or non existant. Either way I have still ordered one at MSRP and will live with my decision.

I'm glad you're willing to live with your decision. I would hate to know that a car made someone suicidal. However, there is no excuse for the "BOLD MOVES" at Ford to announce increased production by thirty percent after consumers have entered legal and binding contracts to purchase a so called "limited production vehicle." How would you like to see your limited and numbered Saleen on Ebay listed by five different sellers and all of them have the same number (232 of 500)?

I am a STRONG supporter of individual responsibility and accountability. Likewise, I expect corporate giants to act in an ethical manner consistent with law, rules, and regulations. I consider this action by FoMoCo to be nothing less than deceitful. They should hire Bill Clinton as a spokesperson. That way when we hear I've never had sex with that woman and we'll only produce seven to eight thousand Shelby units per year, we'll all know it's BULL.

:rant::fan:

However, there is no excuse for the "BOLD MOVES" at Ford to announce increased production by thirty percent after consumers have entered legal and binding contracts to purchase a so called "limited prodcution vehicle."

If you can show me one contract, signed by a Ford executive, that says that this car will be a exclusive "limited production vehicle" with a set # of cars that are guaranteed to be produced, I'll shut up. You won't find one. Until then, be quiet, go away, quit whining and enjoy the car. :cry:

During the pre-production phase Ford gave estimates for just about everything - options, HP, prices, production quantities. Then, once production starts, everything begins to firm up. Options get added/deleted, ratings go up/down and production #'s increase/decrease because of market conditions.

Just be happy with the car or go somewhere else and buy another brand. I, for one, won't miss your complaining.

I seem to remember Ford releasing statements a long time ago about production numbers...they said 7,000 to 10,000 per year. Now we seem to be on the higher end of the estimates. I see no wrong-doing on Ford's part. Additionally, Ford has said several times that they will make as many as necessary to fulfill demand. Seems like this right along those lines.

I wonder how many posters are here to represent Ford's views so it can retain its embellished consumers who don't seem to mind bending over and taking it like a prison inmate.

I also wonder who's here to create a hysteria about "limited production", "depreciating negative asset" and exclusivity?? Boy, that kind of terminology is what is helping dealers justify these huge ADM's, now isn't it??

Oh, and with all your talk about "we appreciate Ford raping us", "raped the middle class" and "taking it like a prison inmate", I wonder where your head is at?? Dr. Freud, calling Dr. Freud.

I also wonder who's here to create a hysteria about "limited production", "depreciating negative asset" and exclusivity?? Boy, that kind of terminology is what is helping dealers justify these huge ADM's, now isn't it??

Oh, and with all your talk about "we appreciate Ford raping us", "raped the middle class" and "taking it like a prison inmate", I wonder where your head is at?? Dr. Freud, calling Dr. Freud.

Who cares about the number of cars made,,,,

If you want a 1 0f 1 made, just build it then it will really be rare. :baby::baby::baby:

I can't believe the people who say "I don't care how many they make." Hey, if you want to drive the same car that half the soccer moms and hard working blue collar dads are driving, then go purchase a rice burner. If you don't think Ford released in a public forum that they would make about 7-8K units, then you were born yesterday. This thread is about deceit! Lies will ruin a friendship, a marriage, a family and, yes, even a loyal car customer. It is my opinion that the deception may have been intentional. Announce low production figures, hype the car, boost the horsepower, auction one off for the Shelby foundation for $600K, then have the masses line up their orders. Once the orders are locked in, then change the production numbers. Ford served its customers some of the best psychology available. You can't get one unless you pay through the nose. Now everyone desires what they can't have, so the orders piled up like our national debt. This is what its about and, yes, I feel like I've been screwed!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't, then your bung hole must not be virgin territory!

Does dtharmon633 flip cars? I see his handle on ebay...are you buying and selling cars. Sorry if this car isn't an investment. If you want an investment car, buy a 65-70 Shelby. If you want a kick-ass car to drive and have fun with, buy this one. But take your complaints elsewhere.

I can't believe the people who say "I don't care how many they make." Hey, if you want to drive the same car that half the soccer moms and hard working blue collar dads are driving, then go purchase a rice burner. If you don't think Ford released in a public forum that they would make about 7-8K units, then you were born yesterday. This thread is about deceit! Lies will ruin a friendship, a marriage, a family and, yes, even a loyal car customer. It is my opinion that the deception may have been intentional. Announce low production figures, hype the car, boost the horsepower, auction one off for the Shelby foundation for $600K, then have the masses line up their orders. Once the orders are locked in, then change the production numbers. Ford served its customers some of the best psychology available. You can't get one unless you pay through the nose. Now everyone desires what they can't have, so the orders piled up like our national debt. This is what its about and, yes, I feel like I've been screwed!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't, then your bung hole must not be virgin territory!

The following is the last paragraph from an article located here: http://www.fastcoolcars.com/2006-2007_shelby_cobra.htm

'Final prices are not set but the last SVT Cobra cost $35,000. Ford officials say the goal is to keep this car priced less than $40,000. "You won't be able to touch this performance for the money," Thai-Tang says. GT500s will be built at the Ford/Mazda joint-venture plant in Flat Rock alongside Mustang and Mustang GT. Ford won't commit to a production number, but says it will build all the 500s drivers demand.'

Now, there's no dateline but if you read the article I think you can infer that it was written around the time of the introduction of the car at the 2005 New York Auto Show. Now, after that, production was estimated at 7000. But, lo and behold, there was a lot of demand, so production numbers were increased and the increased again an again and may continue to be increased. However, the fact remains that at the very beginning, the statement was made that supply would match demand. So please, stop whining about how you were 'raped' by Ford. Not only is that just BS, but it's also an insult to anyone who has been truly sexually assaulted in their life.

BTW, did you notice that he said they would build all that 'drivers' demand. Nothing at all in there about speculators/investors.

The following is the last paragraph from an article located here: http://www.fastcoolcars.com/2006-2007_shelby_cobra.htm

'Final prices are not set but the last SVT Cobra cost $35,000. Ford officials say the goal is to keep this car priced less than $40,000. "You won't be able to touch this performance for the money," Thai-Tang says. GT500s will be built at the Ford/Mazda joint-venture plant in Flat Rock alongside Mustang and Mustang GT. Ford won't commit to a production number, but says it will build all the 500s drivers demand.'

Now, there's no dateline but if you read the article I think you can infer that it was written around the time of the introduction of the car at the 2005 New York Auto Show. Now, after that, production was estimated at 7000. But, lo and behold, there was a lot of demand, so production numbers were increased and the increased again an again and may continue to be increased. However, the fact remains that at the very beginning, the statement was made that supply would match demand. So please, stop whining about how you were 'raped' by Ford. Not only is that just BS, but it's also an insult to anyone who has been truly sexually assaulted in their life.

BTW, did you notice that he sadi they would build all that 'drivers' demnad. Nothing at all in there about speculators/investors.

Bravo. Thank you. :roses:

Bravo. Thank you. :roses:

very nice and to the point I have trouble with that but great job. I don't think any soccer mom will want this - the back seat is not that user friendly :) As for the hard working blue collar dads they are the ones Mustang is build for to start with - I'd be proud of mine no matter who the heck else has one.

If the e-bay thing is true here is nothing wrong with that...all investments have a risk though and remember pigs get slaughtered.

Now, there's no dateline but if you read the article I think you can infer that it was written around the time of the introduction of the car at the 2005 New York Auto Show.

Here is the link to the original article. AutoWeek/04/04/05 New York Auto Show Edit Same article 03/23/05 Auto Week /03/23/05 If you wish to take up with the approximations in the article note the est 39k base(pretty close) est HP 450(50 more) and the est weight(3600lbs whoops) Any of those guestimates enough for you to pull out dtharmon?

Here is the link to the original article. AutoWeek/04/04/05 New York Auto Show Edit Same article 03/23/05 Auto Week /03/23/05 If you wish to take up with the approximations in the article note the est 39k base(pretty close) est HP 450(50 more) and the est weight(3600lbs whoops) Any of those guestimates enough for you to pull out dtharmon?

Excellent job JETSOLVER. I knew I had seen that more than once but I stopped looking once I found the one I linked. Nice to see it with an actual dateline and original source. Now maybe certain people will shut their holes.

BTW, did you notice that he said they would build all that 'drivers' demand. Nothing at all in there about speculators/investors.

Apparently you missed my previous response. I'll restate it below, but before I do I would like for you to realize the obvious deception in what you so proudly quoted. If the mark up is a supply and demand issue, why isn't Ford meeting the demand so consumers, even A,X,Z, and D plan buyers, can obtain the rights to purchase one? Additionally, if Ford really intends on standing by this, then why hasn't this same theme been repeated so its customers will not be deceived by the delaers who proclaim "LIMITED PRODUCTION, HARD TO GET, RARE,etc" and thus over charge their clients. While the quote is accurate, its meaning is not. My contention is that FORD KNOWS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repeat of earlier post just for you:

Please note the banter Ford is using like "instant legend" and the prominence of the $600K auction price. Do ya think Ford was planting a subliminal message that the car will appreciate and is valuable right off the production line? More to come soon...

Ford Press Release:

The most powerful factory-built Mustang ever just got even more potent. Final certification testing of the Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 shows it will produce 500 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque – 25 more horsepower than preliminary estimates.

“With 500 hp and the Shelby name, this car is an instant legend,” said Hau Thai-Tang, director, Advanced Product Creation & SVT programs. “This is the most powerful, most capable Mustang ever.”

The Ford Shelby GT500’s supercharged 5.4-liter, 32-valve V-8 is a result of Ford’s experience in developing the modular V-8 and V-10 engine series. The engine is force-fed air via a “Roots-type” supercharger providing 9 pounds per square inch of boost. It borrows the four-valve cylinder heads, piston rings and bearings, from the Ford GT engine.

The Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 will be built at Ford’s Romeo Engine Plant in Romeo, Mich. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.

The right to purchase the first 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 was auctioned for $600,000, with the proceeds benefiting the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation. The 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 goes on sale this summer.

http://www.planetmustang.com/general_news/...bers_000739.asp

Article written on MAY 9, 2006:

Yesterday, Ford Motor Company advised dealerships that 9,000 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs are going to be produced. This is a welcomed bump from the initial projected production numbers in the 7,500 to 8,500 range. Everything for production is on schedule and most all deliveries are anticipated to be on time, shipments beginning during the last week in June. By the end of May, dealerships are slotted to receive their exact allocation numbers.

Apparently you missed my previous response. I'll restate it below, but before I do I would like for you to realize the obvious deception in what you so proudly quoted. If the mark up is a supply and demand issue, why isn't Ford meeting the demand so consumers, even A,X,Z, and D plan buyers, can obtain the rights to purchase one? Additionally, if Ford really intends on standing by this, then why hasn't this same theme been repeated so its customers will not be deceived by the delaers who proclaim "LIMITED PRODUCTION, HARD TO GET, RARE,etc" and thus over charge their clients. While the quote is accurate, its meaning is not. My contention is that FORD KNOWS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repeat of earlier post just for you:

Please note the banter Ford is using like "instant legend" and the prominence of the $600K auction price. Do ya think Ford was planting a subliminal message that the car will appreciate and is valuable right off the production line? More to come soon...

Ford Press Release:

The most powerful factory-built Mustang ever just got even more potent. Final certification testing of the Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 shows it will produce 500 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque – 25 more horsepower than preliminary estimates.

“With 500 hp and the Shelby name, this car is an instant legend,” said Hau Thai-Tang, director, Advanced Product Creation & SVT programs. “This is the most powerful, most capable Mustang ever.”

The Ford Shelby GT500’s supercharged 5.4-liter, 32-valve V-8 is a result of Ford’s experience in developing the modular V-8 and V-10 engine series. The engine is force-fed air via a “Roots-type” supercharger providing 9 pounds per square inch of boost. It borrows the four-valve cylinder heads, piston rings and bearings, from the Ford GT engine.

The Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 will be built at Ford’s Romeo Engine Plant in Romeo, Mich. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.

The right to purchase the first 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 was auctioned for $600,000, with the proceeds benefiting the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation. The 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 goes on sale this summer.

http://www.planetmustang.com/general_news/...bers_000739.asp

Article written on MAY 9, 2006:

Yesterday, Ford Motor Company advised dealerships that 9,000 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs are going to be produced. This is a welcomed bump from the initial projected production numbers in the 7,500 to 8,500 range. Everything for production is on schedule and most all deliveries are anticipated to be on time, shipments beginning during the last week in June. By the end of May, dealerships are slotted to receive their exact allocation numbers.

Ok, first of all, " instant legend" does not equal limited production, at least not in my mind. Besides, compared to a Taurus, F-150, etc 10K IS limitied production. It's all in your perception

Second, do you understand the concept of charity?? Of that $600,00, you are so fond of throwing around, all of it but MSRP is a tax write off as a charitable contribution. It could have sold for $10 million if someone with deep enough pockets wanted to say he got the first one and it still wouldn't make a bit of difference. Would that suddenly make the car more valuable than other cars of which only 500 were made?

You also need to get it through your head that the factory and the dealers are SEPARATE entities. The dealers do not speak for Ford. They are just trying to make as much money as they can so they are going to try and leverage "limited production, hard to get, rare" all they can. If you want one right frigging now then that is true. Anyone who is paying ADM's are doing so because they want to be on of the first to own the car. I didn't see, hear, or say anything about Ford meeting demand in the first month the car was in production. All I did was point out that Ford's ORIGINAL statement was that they would build as many as drivers demanded. You might have to wait till 2008 or even 2009 but you will eventually get one. Again, FORD determines production numbers, not dealers, and Ford said FROM THE BEGINNING that they would make as many as DRIVERS demand.

I seem to remember Ford releasing statements a long time ago about production numbers...they said 7,000 to 10,000 per year. Now we seem to be on the higher end of the estimates. I see no wrong-doing on Ford's part. Additionally, Ford has said several times that they will make as many as necessary to fulfill demand. Seems like this right along those lines.

I have no affiliation with FORD whatsoever... That being said.. rpretzel you nailed it !!!!

FORD was telling the truth, the dealerships embelished the exclusivity of the GT500....

We can't help it if some failed to listen to the manufacturer statements about this car.. :banghead::banghead::banghead::shrug::doh::doh::hysterical::hysterical:

But an attempt to get this thread righted as it is sinking like the Titanic

Anyone have any new info about a GT500KR? LOL

I wonder how many posters are here to represent Ford's views so it can retain its embellished consumers who don't seem to mind bending over and taking it like a prison inmate.

My view is "you buy a car that you like and you negotiate a price that you are happy with" If you dont like the price you walk away from the deal. Isnt that what car buying is about?

If you are looking at the car as an investment "some investments are good, some are so so and some go sour" Ford is not in the business of selling investments they sell cars.....

.Now unless you are buying Ford stock and then there are no guarantees. Stock market is up and its down. You take your chances.

I think the only thing Ford Gaurantees is what its warrenty covers.

No where does it say that Ford guarantees the car as an investment. Sure they can hype up the car that is what advertising is all about. The Mach1 was a limited production car for 2 years and 16,000 units plus or minus a few.

Everyone is on this band wagon of investing in cars for profit. Well let me tell you" there are no guarantees in any investment market even cars".

You buy something and its only worth what someone else is willing to pay you for it period!!!

My apologies on the spelling and grammer. Stepping down now. :soapbox:

My view is "you buy a car that you like and you negotiate a price that you are happy with" If you dont like the price you walk away from the deal. Isnt that what car buying is about?

If you are looking at the car as an investment "some investments are good, some are so so and some go sour" Ford is not in the business of selling investments they sell cars.....

.Now unless you are buying Ford stock and then there are no guarantees. Stock market is up and its down. You take your chances.

No where does it say that Ford guarantees the car as an investment. Sure they can hype up the car that is what advertising is all about. The Mach1 was a limited production car for 2 years and 16,000 units plus or minus a few.

Everyone is on this band wagon of investing in cars for profit. Well let me tell you" there are no guarantees in any investment market even cars".

You buy something and its only worth what someone else is willing to pay you for it period!!!

So true Orangesnake,

I leased a 04 Cobra to get 1st dibbs on A new body Cobra ( before Carroll put his name on it ) :fan:

and nothing has changed from then. I still want my COBRA no matter what!!!! :rockon:

My view is "you buy a car that you like and you negotiate a price that you are happy with" If you dont like the price you walk away from the deal. Isnt that what car buying is about?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Unfortunately, all the dealers who priced vehicles in the Atlanta area wanted NON-REFUNDABLE deposits. Had I known Ford was going to boost production to LIE PLUS THIRTY PERCENT, I would have waited to buy one at sticker. If you want mine you can have it for 52K. Coupe, red/silver, sirius, crimson/charcoal int, and interior upgrade pkg. It will be used (the dealer and I agreed that my purchase contract would be non-transferable) but the sales taxes will have already been paid. In Georgia there is no sales tax for a person to person car transaction, though your state may differ.

I'm not sure I understand here...

1. It appears that Ford is going to do exactly what it said it would do (...build all the GT500s necessary to meet demand...as stated in Autoweek and, if memory serves, a CD article from last year).

2. You make a deal and put up a non-refundable deposit

3. You now think you paid too much

4. Instead of taking responsibility for your own actions and admitting you made a bad decision, you decide to blame Ford. The justification for this is apparently you bought the hype of salesmen...hype that doesn't make sense given FMC statements dating to April 2005 with respect to production numbers.

5. All of this when plenty of dealers offered deals with refundable deposits with ADM in the $5-10k range. I know, because I have deposits with three dealers...all put up in the last 30 days...all refundable...none for ADM greater than $5000. (Two are for 2008 models, one is for a 2007 model.)

Hmmm. I see on my list that Ford is doing what it said it would do. I don't see where Ford raped anyone...or even misrepresented production numbers...or even "boosted production."

Now what do we know about a KR?

• 6 months later...

I have heard that Carol Shelby himself only authorized max 9000 units to be built per year. It not FoMoCo thats doing the raping, its the dealers, but thats just business. If you have a product thats in high demand and short supply, you can charge more for it. Everyone has the right to NOT buy a Shelby.

Not sure what Ford was thinking when they set the price on this car, but the one who loses is Ford Corporation. Winners are the dealers. Sure they are greedy, but greed is what drives us. Greed is why we build Shelbys and China builds whatever the :censored: crappy econo boxes they build. Cause in China, you dont get to charge more for the best most desirable product, so why bother? But everyone gets the same piece of crap so I supose its fair, but fair is not very exciting is it. Truth is, China is changing rapidly to a free market system, and one day they will build good cars but they have alot of catching up to do.

Im glad Ford built the Shelby, lets not be too hard on them, they are giving us what we want. :hyper:

KC666

I have heard that Carol Shelby himself only authorized max 9000 units to be built per year. It not FoMoCo thats doing the raping, its the dealers, but thats just business. If you have a product thats in high demand and short supply, you can charge more for it. Everyone has the right to NOT buy a Shelby.

Not sure what Ford was thinking when they set the price on this car, but the one who loses is Ford Corporation. Winners are the dealers. Sure they are greedy, but greed is what drives us. Greed is why we build Shelbys and China builds whatever the :censored: crappy econo boxes they build. Cause in China, you dont get to charge more for the best most desirable product, so why bother? But everyone gets the same piece of crap so I supose its fair, but fair is not very exciting is it. Truth is, China is changing rapidly to a free market system, and one day they will build good cars but they have alot of catching up to do.

Im glad Ford built the Shelby, lets not be too hard on them, they are giving us what we want. :hyper:

KC666

+1. I agree with you.

Ford never "raped" anyone. :finger: You are a moron. :stats: My opinion ! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I don't care for your opinion! :stop: You have insulted enough of us. :redcard:

Archived