TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carolina Shelby Dyno-Day * 03/01/2008

Carl Bishop

Carolina SHELBY Dyno-Day @ Big Wood Racing, Saturday March 1st

Cost: 2 pulls for $25.00 with A/F.

Breakfast:

Golden Corral, 60 Son Lan Pkwy, Garner NC (MAP)

Time: Meet @ 8:00am to eat, depart promptly @ 9:15am for BWR

Dyno Shop:

Big Wood Racing, 6275 Hwy 50 North, Suite 101, Benson NC (MAP)

Time: Dyno Start @ 9:45am until finished.

www.bigwoodracing.com

Lunch:

Stephenson’s BBQ, 11964 Hwy 50 North, Willow Springs NC (MAP)

Time: Right after all the cars have been on the rollers.

There will be 15-20 slots for cars to dyno; I already have 9 signed-up. So please send an email to my92notch@yahoo.com to get your name on the list. Even if you don’t want to dyno come hang out with fellow S H E L B Y owners, all welcome classic and new generation.

For everyone in the Hampton Roads, VA area:

I'm one of the nine already signed up. I would like to recommend a local meeting point and drive down to NC together if anyone is interested.

Currently looks like I can make it (subject to DoD scheduling). As we get closer we can pick a spot.

One spot I'm familiar with on the way is the Burger King at 1519 Holland Rd (local name for US 58) in Suffolk. It's right after the point where the US 58 bypass around Suffolk comes to that stoplight on the west side of Suffolk.

Currently looks like I can make it (subject to DoD scheduling). As we get closer we can pick a spot.

One spot I'm familiar with on the way is the Burger King at 1519 Holland Rd (local name for US 58) in Suffolk. It's right after the point where the US 58 bypass around Suffolk comes to that stoplight on the west side of Suffolk.

I'll meet you there. Time?

I'm in for the dyno. Time to see what the Black Pearl can do as a stocker before the mods start.

Got you on the list....

If anyone else would like to join in, there are still a couple of spots open. It's going to be pretty cool seeing 20+ mustangs rolling down I40 on our way to BWR.

I'm 3 hours away too..... :banghead:

3.5 hours.....................I'm thinking................sure would sound sweet to hear that exhaust on road tirp. Anyone else going from SC?

You guy's could skip the breakfast meeting and come straight to the Speed Shop for the dyno and lunch after. Think about it.........

You guy's could skip the breakfast meeting and come straight to the Speed Shop for the dyno and lunch after. Think about it.........

might be a little easier to "air it out" at 5AM........hmmmmmmmmm...I'll let you know, but probably won't do the dyno since it's bone stock...I'll have to check some calendar dates with the big boss and let you know, but it would be good to meet some of you!

Craig

might be a little easier to "air it out" at 5AM........hmmmmmmmmm...I'll let you know, but probably won't do the dyno since it's bone stock...I'll have to check some calendar dates with the big boss and let you know, but it would be good to meet some of you!

Craig

Mine is also bone stock, I'm planning on using the dyno as a baseline before adding my first mod... A Steeda inlet pipe. I will be great to meet some of you face to face.

Craig

Craig, I might be going up, where are you in SC? I'm just NW of Charleston. My mom requires pretty much constant attention, so I don't get to plan anything too far ahead, but it would be a lot more fun with other Shelbys to travel with!

Smitty,

Were you on I95 heading north this afternoon about 2'ish? The wife and I were heading back from Florida in her Durango and saw a white w/blue stripes GT500 get on in front of me. But before I could catch up it pulled off on an exit ramp.

Craig, I might be going up, where are you in SC? I'm just NW of Charleston. My mom requires pretty much constant attention, so I don't get to plan anything too far ahead, but it would be a lot more fun with other Shelbys to travel with!

I am in Columbia but I just sent 08SGT1234 a pm that I have a conflict with the date so won't be able to go. Would be great to meet you sometime if you are ever up this way...give me a shout. Craig

For everyone in and around the Hampton Roads area:

I will be at the Quality Inn parking lot along US-58 at the US-460/Fredricksburg exit (the hotel isn't visible from 58) from 6:00 to 6:30 am Saturday morning. I won't be making it for breakfast, but I'll be at Big Wood Racing in Benson, NC with time enough to let the Shelby cool down before the dyno run.

Accuweather.com and the Weather Channel say that the weather should be fine in the Hampton Roads, VA area as well. The local weather goobs say that there may be some rain though. Those jokers are barely ever correct.

I've got two words as to how the local weather guys could improve their accuracy - "Monkeys" and "Darts"!

For everyone in and around the Hampton Roads area:

I will be at the Quality Inn parking lot along US-58 at the US-460/Fredricksburg exit (the hotel isn't visible from 58) from 6:00 to 6:30 am Saturday morning. I won't be making it for breakfast, but I'll be at Big Wood Racing in Benson, NC with time enough to let the Shelby cool down before the dyno run.

The US-460 sign says Petersburg, not Fredericksburg. :ninja:

Now all forecasts for VA call for rain over night! :banghead:

Here's to hoping their all wrong!

Keep your fingers crossed... If you look at the hour by hour forcast is shows it clearing by 3am. Once you cross the NC border nothing but sunshine. :headspin:

Archived