TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More Pics of SuperSnaked 40th Anniversary

I could not make the Birthday Bash, but since my car was at SAI I hired David Gaudin at davidgphotography.com, one of the approved vendors at the bash, to take some photos to make a couple of show signs. His work is spectatular and based on a couple of proofs, I can't wait for the finished product.

th_motor_close1.jpg

th_motor1.jpg

th_license_plate1.jpg

th_front2.jpg

th_emblem_12.jpg

th_dash_plate1.jpg

th_dash1.jpg

th_3_q_rear1.jpg

th_3_q_front1.jpg

th_PosterWhite.jpg

We just need a drive shaft, and she is back in Texas.

Yea Team, Go Shelby!

Grabber. Thank you. I am very excited and anxious to get her back home.

Don

Fricken incredible .... you have raised the bar of what SHELBYGT500's should look like.

YOU GOT TO TWIST AMY AND BUDS ARM to get that beast home to you and than to our FLORIDA SHELBYGT500/SHELBYGT round up .

WHY fly delta when you can fly GT500 Super Snake 40th Anniversary :hysterical2:

Car really looks awesome

Grabber. Thank you. I am very excited and anxious to get her back home.[/quote

:

don

I have copied and pasted all the pics .. cant get over how beautiful your car looks ! :happy feet:

Don

Fricken incredible .... you have raised the bar of what SHELBYGT500's should look like.

YOU GOT TO TWIST AMY AND BUDS ARM to get that beast home to you and than to our FLORIDA SHELBYGT500/SHELBYGT round up .

WHY fly delta when you can fly GT500 Super Snake 40th Anniversary :hysterical2:

Car really looks awesome

Don,

I know it seem simple, but you know how pickey, pickey, pickey the folks are at Shelby. They need to make sure that the drive shaft is right before they unleash 725 HP on the general public. Bud said they are "furiously" working on it. You can't ask for much more than that. It's killing me looking at the pictures.

Absolutely stunning car! The waiting must be driving you nuts, especially in Florida where you can actually drive it this time of year!!!

Just wondering, did they notch the hood to solve any clearance issues with the KB? I thought the KenneBell sat high enough to hit the stock hood, which I thought they were getting around with the different hood on the SS but can see that with the 40th they don't have that option.

I also thought someone had posted they were working on a strut brace for the 725hp SS have they told you they will send you one when its finished being developed?

I hope you wait ends soon!!

Jaime

CobraFan,

Your car looks awesome!!!!!! I also have the performance white. Mine is supposed to go to Vegas in February for the 40th and SS package (07XL0067), so I won't make the Florida Roundup. I live near Tallahassee, so if you or anyone else passing by on the way needs a place to stay, just say the word. I would love the chance to see your rides up close. I can also give you a great shortcut to use te get to the Roundup. Great roads and even greater scenery including long lonely straitaways for those who feel the need for speed. Let me know if I can help.

Don

GT67

Absolutely stunning car! The waiting must be driving you nuts, especially in Florida where you can actually drive it this time of year!!!

Just wondering, did they notch the hood to solve any clearance issues with the KB? I thought the KenneBell sat high enough to hit the stock hood, which I thought they were getting around with the different hood on the SS but can see that with the 40th they don't have that option.

I also thought someone had posted they were working on a strut brace for the 725hp SS have they told you they will send you one when its finished being developed?

I hope you wait ends soon!!

Jaime

Jaime,

It is driving me nuts waiting for them to finish. I'm actually from Texas, but we have plenty of good weather all year to drive around in. On the downside, it's been almost 5 months at SAI, but boy will it be sweet when I get her back home.

There is a clearance issue with the KB and they do have to notch the hood. It's not as bad as it sounds. They remove some of the insullation and cut into the brace that runs down the center. Structually, it is still sound and it gives just enough clearance to install the KB. I'm sure this will be an issue with some wanting to get this done to their 40th.

They are working on a strut tower brace, they just don't have it yet. This will be a big issue when they start getting a bunch of these 725 HP on the street, so I think they will find a workable brace. The old bace will not fit with the SS hood either.

What pulley is there on the KB? And I thought the 725 hp already gets the one piece driveshaft.

PJ,

I don't know what size the pulley is. Whatever size KB recommends for 725 HP.

It does come with a one piece drive shaft when you go with the 725 HP. They are still in the development stages for that. They have tested at least one and it didn't work out. Vibration at some speeds. Bud said it is in the works, so I think it won't be long now.

Cobrafan,

All I can say is wow. Beautiful. I need some hi res format of these photos taken for my collection. Send me please. :happy feet: :happy feet:

PJ,

The pics are copywrited by David Gaudin at davidgphotography.com. He provided me with the medium resolution so I could post them on the site. He is in the process of making me a couple of show signs and eventually, I'll get some higher resolution pictures when we finally settle up. But for now, these are great. I'm tickled pink.

Wow, Cobrafan, what a beautiful snake! Hope you will be driving it, can't wait to see it here in Houston :)

msmap,

I'll be coming down to Houston town to at least a couple of car shows each year. I'm trying to figure out how to get into the big indoor show that they have each year. It's either invitation or very limited entries. I forget where, George Brown, Relient? I look forward to meeting you folks.

Don

What is your CSM number? Mine is 171, and I live in Phoenix. Just trying to guage when i will get my call.....

Where are you located as well?

Thanks

JW

JM, I'm CSM07XL0151. I was one of the 15 that attended the Nov 1st 40th Anniversary Party with Mr. Shelby. I think the actual build number was around 30 or 31. It was completed on October 2nd. JW indicated in early December that they would have 85 cars done by the end of the year. I suspect you should be getting a call soon. I think the 40th program is starting to move along.

I live in Beaumont, TX.

What is your CSM number? Mine is 171, and I live in Phoenix. Just trying to guage when i will get my call.....

Where are you located as well?

Thanks

JW

My number is 103. I actually just got my official call yesterday from Cynthia. I was told my car was going to be done around mid Feb. so I was sending it out a little early to beat the bad weather and have it there ready for them. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA area.

My number is 103. I actually just got my official call yesterday from Cynthia. I was told my car was going to be done around mid Feb. so I was sending it out a little early to beat the bad weather and have it there ready for them. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA area.

Congrats, post pics when you get it....

You are going to be tickled pink when the conversion is done. You will be one of the few that has the same color combination that they picked out in the first place. I think your car is goiing to blow your mind when you see it for the first time, it is a very striking combination. Congratulations.

So is the first SS to be completed???

This is a 40th Anniversary with full SuperSnake performance upgrades, 3.73 gears, Kenne Bell, single piece drive shaft, exhaust, breaks, quick shift linkage. It does not have the SS hood or wheels or badges. Those items are propriatary to the SS. Appearance=40th Anniversary. Performance=SuperSnake.

Archived