TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nor Cal 2008 Car Shows

WP64

Car show season will soon be here and I want to show my GT500 at one or two of them in Northern California this year. Danville and San Carlos both have informal shows downtown in the summer, I'm not sure if they are having them this year or if they are open to all years/makes/models? The Goodguys will have two shows at the Alameda County Fair Grounds in Pleasanton this year, but the Goodguys shows are mostly for rods and customs, although there were quite a few new Mustangs at their April show last year; here's a link to their March show http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetai...?eventid=08-801.

I'm just wondering if any Nor Cal Team Shelby members will be participating in any shows this year in Nor Cal and if we might be able to get some Team Shelby members together at one of the car shows, I think a Team Shelby area at a car show would be very cool and a fun place for a get-together. A one day show might be prefered but I'm open to suggestions.

Lastly, if you know of any scheduled car shows in Nor Cal this year please post the details or provide a Web link to these shows.

Let's see if we can put together a Team Shelby car show get-together in Nor Cal this year... :happy feet:

WP

7wp90jt.jpg

Car show season will soon be here and I want to show my GT500 at one or two of them in Northern California this year. Danville and San Carlos both have informal shows downtown in the summer, I'm not sure if they are having them this year or if they are open to all years/makes/models? The Goodguys will have two shows at the Alameda County Fair Grounds in Pleasanton this year, but the Goodguys shows are mostly for rods and customs, although there were quite a few new Mustangs at their April show last year; here's a link to their March show http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventDetai...?eventid=08-801.

I'm just wondering if any Nor Cal Team Shelby members will be participating in any shows this year in Nor Cal and if we might be able to get some Team Shelby members together at one of the car shows, I think a Team Shelby area at a car show would be very cool and a fun place for a get-together. A one day show might be prefered but I'm open to suggestions.

Lastly, if you know of any scheduled car shows in Nor Cal this year please post the details or provide a Web link to these shows.

Let's see if we can put together a Team Shelby car show get-together in Nor Cal this year... :happy feet:

WP

7wp90jt.jpg

Hi,

I am a Team Shelby member who lives in San Jose. I was on the Shelby Run and met a couple of other Bay Area members. We discussed trying to get a function together in our area with Robert and Sharon. They said that Gary Paterson has a long term relationship with Nor-Cal SAAC and putting something together here would be a nice way of reaching out to them. I will follow up with Sharon and see if anything is going to happen.

If you are interested, I do go a few SoCAl shows. The next one is Aprill 22nd, Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm.

http://www.fordcarclubs.org/ has link to request a reg form. This show is a blast. If you end up going, we could coordinate something.

I will keep in touch and let you know about the shows I am attending.

regards,

Michael

Half Moon Bay Dream Machines is GREAT! 50,000+ easy.

Get there early as they close entry after 2000 cars (around 9:30 AM they will be full), bring a cooler and some lawn chairs, and make a day out of it.

http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachines/index.html

I will be showing my 68 GT500, 68 GT600KR, 70 Boss 302, and (if it delivers in time) the 08 GT500KR I have had a deposit on for damn near eternity.

Hey guys, thanks for sharing those events. The Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm event sounds very interesting, eventhough it's a long haul for me. But it's a Disneyland year for the family so late April might work out very well for a Knott's, DL and Lego Land trifecta in So Cal.

WOW Ray, three beauties and one more on the way. If those are part of your retirement portfolio I'd say you're doing quite well :superhero: What time of the year is the Half Moon Bay show this year?

Hey guys, thanks for sharing those events. The Fabulous Fords Forever at Knott's Berry Farm event sounds very interesting, eventhough it's a long haul for me. But it's a Disneyland year for the family so late April might work out very well for a Knott's, DL and Lego Land trifecta in So Cal.

WOW Ray, three beauties and one more on the way. If those are part of your retirement portfolio I'd say you're doing quite well :superhero: What time of the year is the Half Moon Bay show this year?

I am interested to attend N. CA. car shows/car runs.

Mike

I am interested to attend N. CA. car shows/car runs.

Mike

Hey Mike, stay tuned to this topic/post while we find out where the scheduled show are going to be in Nor Cal this Spring & Summer. Once we get a grasp on the show schedule we can put something together.

More info to come,

WP

April 27, 2008, 10am–4pm

Half Moon Bay Airport.

Always a blast!

Hey Mike, stay tuned to this topic/post while we find out where the scheduled show are going to be in Nor Cal this Spring & Summer. Once we get a grasp on the show schedule we can put something together.

More info to come,

WP

OK - thanks for the heads-up!

Biggest Little Car Show

May 17, 2008

Suisun City, CA

If your a Ford owner or just a fan of Ford vehicles, come check out the awesome display of cars and trucks at the "Biggest Little Car Show" in Suisun City CA on May 17, 2008. I will have more info about entry fees and show times as they become available. Below are some pictures from last years show.

CarshowSuisun2007060.jpg

CarshowSuisun2007041.jpg

CarshowSuisun2007064.jpg

CarshowSuisun2007068.jpg

CarshowSuisun2007072.jpg

I will be attending the Half Moon Bay car show, I am going to stage at the Safeway in Pacifica Ca at 6am and head over to the Half Moon Bay Airport at 7am. The address for the Safeway is 1380 Linda Mar Blvd, Pacifica CA. I will probably have a nice group of mustangs with me, anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

Here are some of the cool cars from last years show in HMB

Halfmoonbaycarshow035.jpg

Halfmoonbaycarshow012.jpg

Halfmoonbaycarshow013.jpg

Halfmoonbaycarshow078.jpg

Halfmoonbaycarshow058.jpg

Halfmoonbaycarshow076.jpg

I will be attending the Half Moon Bay car show, I am going to stage at the Safeway in Pacifica Ca at 6am and head over to the Half Moon Bay Airport at 7am. The address for the Safeway is 1380 Linda Mar Blvd, Pacifica CA. I will probably have a nice group of mustangs with me, anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

I'll join you for that one Elite 1, thanks for the invite.

Just to confirm, the Half Moon Bay show is Sunday April 27, 2008 from 10am to 4pm, is this correct?

Hey WP

Were you in Livermore yesterday?

I saw a black with silver stripes followed by a girl in a red car it looked like they were lost. Not making fun just curious.

Art

Nope, it wasn't me Art. Mine's a top stripe delete...

How's the cruise in Livermore these days? I remember it from the late 70's early 80's, it was one of the better ones in the tri-valley; Walnut Creek had a good one back then too. Did you grow up in this area?

Nope, it wasn't me Art. Mine's a top stripe delete...

How's the cruise in Livermore these days? I remember it from the late 70's early 80's, it was one of the better ones in the tri-valley; Walnut Creek had a good one back then too. Did you grow up in this area?

I am usually at the Goodguys show every year with one of my cars. This year I am bringing my 65 GT350 Clone and my Shelby GT-H #298. Let me know if your going to have a Team Shelby section, I can bring my Viper instead of the GT350.

Randy

I belong to the CA-Mustangs.com club and we always meet up at the ungodly hour of 430 in the morning so we can get a good spot for the show. we usually have about 20 cars and we always invite any mustang to join us at our spot. we have a banner that we put out.

If anyone from here wants to join us than bring you're car and and park with us.

I may bring my 68 this year instead of my 500.

I will also try to make the Half Moon show also.

WP. the cruise in Livermore doesn't happen much I cruise main and you can find a few cars out but not like before.

Later in the year the Altamount Cruisers have a FREE show and shine on Saturday at the Prestige furniture store on first street behind the IHOP. they also give away coupons for 20% off food at Chevys and IHOP. They also have a LARGE show in Livermore in I think October I will post the information as soon as I get it.

I would like to get together this spring for a cruise and picnic I will revisit this thing in April or if you all come to the Goodguys we can make plains there.

Art

Mustangsplus in Stockton has 2-3 shows every year. Their next one is in April:

http://www.mustangsplus.com/mpshows/aprilshow08/index.html

The Sacramento Area Mustang Club has an annual show in July called, "Mustangs in the Park". Details are forthcoming. We had some winners from the Ca-Mustang Club last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, here is the info about the car show in Suisun City. The show is on Saturday May 17, 2008, 10am - 3pm, check in time is 7am - 9am, Entry fee is $20 before May 1 and $25 after May 1, Click here for the entry form. I hope to see some of you there, we need more Shelby GT500's this year, I was the only one last year.

Hey WP

Were you in Livermore yesterday?

I saw a black with silver stripes followed by a girl in a red car it looked like they were lost. Not making fun just curious.

Art

Hey I'm always on the lookout. It was a good day in Livermore Monday 3/17- saw a black with Silver stripe Shelby GT coupe at Vineyard and Isabel then Vista Blue Silver stripe Shelby GT convertible parked downtown on 1st st. If you all want to meet up sometime and take a run out Mines Rd. I'm game.

DH

Hey I'm always on the lookout. It was a good day in Livermore Monday 3/17- saw a black with Silver stripe Shelby GT coupe at Vineyard and Isabel then Vista Blue Silver stripe Shelby GT convertible parked downtown on 1st st. If you all want to meet up sometime and take a run out Mines Rd. I'm game.

DH

Hey DH

Sounds good to me.

Sure is cold today I was going to drive her yesterday and didn't today is to cold.

My weekends are full until after April 6 because I am helping with the school play and opening night is 4.5.and 6 of April.

I cant make the GG show but the half moon bay show is a go for me also DVMA is having a show May 3 in Antioch and I may go we sure can spend a pile of cash if we attend every show during the summer. check out Ca-Mustangs.com and we post up nor cal show there.

Keep in touch our club cruises a lot during the summer you are most welcome to join us

Art

Hey DH

Sounds good to me.

Sure is cold today I was going to drive her yesterday and didn't today is to cold.

My weekends are full until after April 6 because I am helping with the school play and opening night is 4.5.and 6 of April.

I cant make the GG show but the half moon bay show is a go for me also DVMA is having a show May 3 in Antioch and I may go we sure can spend a pile of cash if we attend every show during the summer. check out Ca-Mustangs.com and we post up nor cal show there.

Keep in touch our club cruises a lot during the summer you are most welcome to join us

Art

Hey Art, I'm up for a drive. Mines Rd. sounds interesting, I don't believe I've been on that one. We Nor-Cal Folk have been talkin' and talkin' about a get-together here in South West TS forum for some time...Is it the right time yet to put a plan together for a sunny day in April? BeeKay has the list of the Nor-Cal Folk, we need to do this :superhero:

I think that we should hold out until after May that way we will be sure of a sunny day.

Or maybe end of May.

All we need to do is find a place in the middle so everyone has a opportunity to drive there car.

It would be nice to bring family and BBQ at a park. I have a 11 year daughter that may like to go but I may be able to find a sitter I just thought more fun if family affair.

Art

Yeah a spring GTG is defiently in order..I'm cool with anytime in late April or May. I'll be working at least 6 days a week till the middle of April, or until we are done with Wall-e.

Hey Art, I'm up for a drive. Mines Rd. sounds interesting, I don't believe I've been on that one. We Nor-Cal Folk have been talkin' and talkin' about a get-together here in South West TS forum for some time...Is it the right time yet to put a plan together for a sunny day in April? BeeKay has the list of the Nor-Cal Folk, we need to do this :superhero:

I think that we should hold out until after May that way we will be sure of a sunny day.

Or maybe end of May.

All we need to do is find a place in the middle so everyone has a opportunity to drive there car.

It would be nice to bring family and BBQ at a park. I have a 11 year daughter that may like to go but I may be able to find a sitter I just thought more fun if family affair.

Art

Art,

I'm up for a cruise and picnic. :happy feet:

How about meeting up in Liver more. Then driving 580 to Corral Hollow and back to Del Valle for a BBQ or some thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang might be a good show for most of you to meet up.. I know we have a few GT500's in our club going... (Ponys & Snakes VII car show... June 29, 2008)

www.PonysandSnakes.com

Also we are hainvg a detailc linic with Smart Wax in Tracy this Sunday...

April 6th starting at 9am-12:30pm

Capitol furniture building

7501 West 11th Street Tracy.

On the corner of 11th street and Chrisman Road

From there we will be heading over to Casa Mendoza restaurant for lunch!

Also dont forget...

ford lover's car show/drag races may 4th

http://www.fordlovers.com

Archived