TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well...It's done. Over.

LuLu

Lulu

Congrats on your retirement and thank you giving us those words of wisdom that most of us take for granted. Things and issues like that have suddenly gotten more serious for me as my son, an army combat medic, is preparing for deployment to Irag scheduled for this fall. Thank you for reminding us of the sacrafices made by many. Steve

RM....thats what Im gonna call ya from now on!LOL....congrads on your retirement. I am very happy for you. Soounds to me like it is well deserved. I have no doubt you will find things to keep busy :) Well all owe you and others in your line of work a huge debt of gratitude. I hope to meet you IRL someday. And on another great note, how awesome is this place that you run into an old long lost freind?? Pretty cool in my book. I know we have had our anxiety levels rasided with the move and all lately but that kind of "small world" thing is what it is all about :) Congrads!!

Congrats on making it to retirement, now you can go to work. Seriously, I have never been in law enforcement but I come from a cop family and know the sacrifices you have had to make to keep your community safe. Thank you for your service and enjoy your retirement.

Hey we got something in commom..............you died in 83 and I died in July of 07, small world huh!

Remember me?

Congrats! It was a long road, and it was a short road, eh?

Best of Luck to you now!

(I had to register just to shout out at ya! :hysterical2: )

Yes I do, Steve, and it's good to hear from you again. Another long lost friend from the past with his own LEO history, thanks for dropping in.

As long as you're here, hang with us a while? This a fairly "family" oriented crew, just don't talk about the differences between any Shebly branded car. Shoot me an e-mail at SergntMac@aol.com, and we'll trade some LEO "lies".

Again and to all, thank you for the compliments. They do count with me.

Yes I do, Steve, and it's good to hear from you again. Another long lost friend from the past with his own LEO history, thanks for dropping in.

As long as you're here, hang with us a while?

I think the final chapter is in sight. We have a jury trial set for April of 2008, finally! I suspect the defendants will probably want to settle rather than have their dirty laundry hung out. But, as you may recall, this is the 2nd time they have tried this dirty trick on me. They didn't learn much the first time. I doubt they can offer a settlement that's even remotely attractive to me this time.

I have my sights set on a new Bullit. As soon as everybody pays top dollar for the first ones off the line of course. Shelby or Bullit.... I've pretty much decided on the Bullit. Time will tell though. I do have a good friend locally (and her boyfriend) who now own 2 Shelbys. His and hers.

I asked about you MM.net today. 99% of the replies so far are pretty good. We all have a few enemies, just as my paragraph one above proves. :hysterical:

Ahhh...The Bullitt. Almost bought one myself just this past Saturday. The only thing that stopped me was the weather, sub zero with a wind chill of -25. Enough to cool my heels on the purchase. Maybe again, in a month or so?

OTOH...The SGT is quite a ride, and stands to have a longer shelf life, but who knows...

Drive on my friend, and enjoy your selection. Talk with you soon?

Congratulatuions Sarge. (You will always be LULU to us!) :superhero:

I knew you were a LEO and we spoke about the possibility of retirement and you not really wanting to continue your current assignment....but I never thought you would pull the trigger so soon....so to speak.

We all owe a great debt to you for your years of dedicated service. Most people dont realize how many good guys wear a badge and get victimized by a system that doesnt seem to know right from wrong in many cases. My Grandfather was "on the job" in NYC for 35 years, retired as a Detective 1st Grade, Honor Legion, was shot in the line of duty (in those days you went back to work in a week) and had more stories about "the ol days" than any of US can remember anymore. :redcard::censored:

Many of my friends took that route and got a badge after school, but I was envitablily turned off by how all the good guys get screwed by a system that apparently discourages going above and beyond. I choose to get stabbed saving a young ladies life as a civilian instead, wading into a rape in progress on a NY Subway station late one night. But I digress....

As I am sure you can attest.....It seems like the people running the law enforcement show talk the talk, but ultimately are more worried about covering their butt than walking the walk.

I commend you for perservering the BS to do the right thing for so many years.

and a Shelby owner to boot! Enjoy my friend, you have indeed earned it.

Congratulatuions Sarge. (You will always be LULU to us!) :superhero:

I knew you were a LEO and we spoke about the possibility of retirement and you not really wanting to continue your current assignment....but I never thought you would pull the trigger so soon....so to speak.

We all owe a great debt to you for your years of dedicated service. Most people dont realize how many good guys wear a badge and get victimized by a system that doesnt seem to know right from wrong in many cases. My Grandfather was "on the job" in NYC for 35 years, retired as a Detective 1st Grade, Honor Legion, was shot in the line of duty (in those days you went back to work in a week) and had more stories about "the ol days" than any of US can remember anymore. :redcard::censored:

Many of my friends took that route and got a badge after school, but I was envitablily turned off by how all the good guys get screwed by a system that apparently discourages going above and beyond. I choose to get stabbed saving a young ladies life as a civilian instead, wading into a rape in progress on a NY Subway station late one night. But I digress....

As I am sure you can attest.....It seems like the people running the law enforcement show talk the talk, but ultimately are more worried about covering their butt than walking the walk.

I commend you for perservering the BS to do the right thing for so many years.

and a Shelby owner to boot! Enjoy my friend, you have indeed earned it.

A very touching reply, Michael, thank you. Now I know more of the substance of the man behind the plaque, and I am not surprised that you stepped up to the plate on that project. Thank you again.

Congrads my friend. Glad you made it. Miss you @ The Chicken Runs, I'm going to hang hear to learn more about the Shelby. Oh... this is Leon with the DTR in Chicago. Glad you still on the scene, this is one hobby you helped me with.

Leon...One of my oldest friends from the Marauder community. Good Lord, how many more will come out of the woodwork? Stay safe, sir, and I say that because I know how you drive!

Archived