TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Replacement

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it was subtitled "Disgusted". I would like to know who and why that was removed. Is there some censor police on here? Was that offensive to someone? Is there anyway the originator can put it back on or is that something only a moderator can do? (or undo?)

Yes, it was subtitled "Disgusted". I would like to know who and why that was removed. Is there some censor police on here? Was that offensive to someone? Is there anyway the originator can put it back on or is that something only a moderator can do? (or undo?)

I will stand up and tell you I removed it.

I honestly didn't think it added anything to the conversation and only served to only to inflame and really thought no one would notice it not there vs. when it was there. In retrospect I wish I hadn't, and given the "censorship police" badge and all, it's an instance I let my personal feelings dictate my actions. I apologize. I wasn't my intent to "censor" only to keep the tone civil.

I have had three scoops myself and now my new and improved scoop has a nice crease going across. I too am upset but, call me stupid, I keep the faith that it will be resolved as long as Amy tells me so. They have revised the existing scoop twice that I am aware of as they promised they would. Unfortunately neither of these turned out as we had hoped and we await the third.

We've been told not to expect anything until the mid-April timeframe so like all of you I'm just waiting.

The title has been restored with my apologies and hope that come May...this thread will fall off the page and no one will be "Disgusted" anymore.

-Jeff

Jeff,

No problem. I appreciate your input. As far as I am concerned you are an upstanding guy by giving that response.. I guess I was just a bit touchy due to the sensitivity of the whole scoop issue that many of us including yourself have suffered with. Thank you for restoring the original subtitle, it is a true show of class.

Respectfully,

Keith

Jeff,

No problem. I appreciate your input. As far as I am concerned you are an upstanding guy by giving that response.. I guess I was just a bit touchy due to the sensitivity of the whole scoop issue that many of us including yourself have suffered with. Thank you for restoring the original subtitle, it is a true show of class.

Respectfully,

Keith

Believe me I understand the sensitivity of this subject and right back at ya!

-jeff

I will stand up and tell you I removed it.

I honestly didn't think it added anything to the conversation and only served to only to inflame and really thought no one would notice it not there vs. when it was there. In retrospect I wish I hadn't, and given the "censorship police" badge and all, it's an instance I let my personal feelings dictate my actions. I apologize. I wasn't my intent to "censor" only to keep the tone civil.

I have had three scoops myself and now my new and improved scoop has a nice crease going across. I too am upset but, call me stupid, I keep the faith that it will be resolved as long as Amy tells me so. They have revised the existing scoop twice that I am aware of as they promised they would. Unfortunately neither of these turned out as we had hoped and we await the third.

We've been told not to expect anything until the mid-April timeframe so like all of you I'm just waiting.

The title has been restored with my apologies and hope that come May...this thread will fall off the page and no one will be "Disgusted" anymore.

-Jeff

I'm 60 years old , and worked long and hard to be able to buy a "SHELBY" at 60 I don't have time to wait for another bad plastic redesign of what is suppose to be the iconic-signature feature of every Shelby car , and the Warrenty with the $ 45,000 $ I paid for this car means I shouldn't have to. ..................ZDS

I'm 60 years old , and worked long and hard to be able to buy a "SHELBY" at 60 I don't have time to wait for another bad plastic redesign of what is suppose to be the iconic-signature feature of every Shelby car , and the Warrenty with the $ 45,000 $ I paid for this car means I shouldn't have to. ..................ZDS

I think we're all looking forward to a good plastic redesign. I think given all that's happened, and the expense for SAI to date, for example my three scoops which with parts, shipping, administration, and shop labor I suspect has cost them almost $1,000, I'm sure they're also frustrated and feeling the heat. (whoa is that a pun? heat...hood scoop?)

I know many would like an aluminum scoop, and not saying that isn't a possibility, but in a search of all the vendors I didn't find a single scoop made for our cars, from any source, Steeda, Saleen, Roush, or Ford, that wasn't "plastic".

Oh, and hey, don't sell yourself short! Anyone that works hard enough to buy a Shelby at 60 I trust will be enjoying it for many years to come! The majority of those years I trust will be with a well fitting hood scoop.

-jeff

I think we're all looking forward to a good plastic redesign. I think given all that's happened, and the expense for SAI to date, for example my three scoops which with parts, shipping, administration, and shop labor I suspect has cost them almost $1,000, I'm sure they're also frustrated and feeling the heat. (whoa is that a pun? heat...hood scoop?)

I know many would like an aluminum scoop, and not saying that isn't a possibility, but in a search of all the vendors I didn't find a single scoop made for our cars, from any source, Steeda, Saleen, Roush, or Ford, that wasn't "plastic".

Oh, and hey, don't sell yourself short! Anyone that works hard enough to buy a Shelby at 60 I trust will be enjoying it for many years to come! The majority of those years I trust will be with a well fitting hood scoop.

-jeff

The only thing necessarey to Design ,Fabricate,Test and make availible to the devoted customer an aluminum scoop is the will and desire to satisfy the customer and stay true to the reputation of the Man whos name is on the car.........................ZDS

what SAI should do is make sure all of these existing customers with scoop problems get smooth service in replacing them, like getting a list together of all the VINs, dealerships involved, etc. so when the part is available, we dont have to start the process from scratch. that way, some of us guys get our cars fixed before the summer is half thru, mine was purchased in april of 2007, coming up a year old with a warped scoop.

speaking for myself, i have been patient. it is time to perform on fixing these cars right, no screw ups. that includes being up front with the status of the scoop validation

I am waiting for a forum from the designated SAI representative that provides weely updates. I havent found anything other than the post that disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

what SAI should do is make sure all of these existing customers with scoop problems get smooth service in replacing them, like getting a list together of all the VINs, dealerships involved, etc. so when the part is available, we dont have to start the process from scratch. that way, some of us guys get our cars fixed before the summer is half thru, mine was purchased in april of 2007, coming up a year old with a warped scoop.

speaking for myself, i have been patient. it is time to perform on fixing these cars right, no screw ups. that includes being up front with the status of the scoop validation

I am waiting for a forum from the designated SAI representative that provides weely updates. I havent found anything other than the post that disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

That's a good suggestion! I know for me, before John left, he arranged everything with my dealer of choice to fix my scoop. If this has to go through Ford's warranty program it may be out of SAI's control however.

-Jeff

Amy posted that they were working on a new design and not to expect anything from that effort until April or so.

Was there something else you wanted?

It would be nice if SAI would give us an update from time to time on this issue especially since Amy's post has now disappeared. If possible I would like to know the following:

1) what type of material is going to be used

2) what attachment method will be used

3) will it match the contour of our hood

4) expected release date

It would be nice if SAI would give us an update from time to time on this issue especially since Amy's post has now disappeared. If possible I would like to know the following:

4) expected release date

Ditto, we have been hearing about scoop solutions for 9 months, a little more info than "we are working on it" on a post that has since disappeared would be nice.

I know, I know, Bud has told someone they are aware of the problem.

We are all aware of the problem in DARFUR, but I dont see that doing any good either.

OK, that was a little over the top, but you get my point. Vague references to "We are working on it" doesnt cut it at this point.

PLEASE INFORM US MOST HONORABLE PEOPLE TO WHICH THIS IS DIRECTED!

4) expected release date

Since we don't have any answers from SAI then "I" will speculate:

1) Still a form of plastic or fiberglass, i.e. not aluminum.

2) SAI is commited to rivets at this point. All the 2008's and some of the 2007's have them.

3) It better!

4) May or June is my guess.

4) expected release date

Excellent questions all of which are things I'm sure SAI will is considering and working through. I think it's pretty early in the process, her post was only three weeks ago, to expect answers to these. You can ask what ever you like but I wouldn't expect answers until the different options are produced and tested. Maybe we'll all be surprised and get these answers sooner but I would ask these questions in Mid-Late March and see where we're at for the Mid-April release window.

Oh, and we really have been trying to get that post and thread back. I did however take a screen shot of the post to send to a friend and will post it here so we can move forward.

-Jeff

oops....actually posting the screen shot would help!

Amy_Post.png

Amy_Post.png

Amy posted that they were working on a new design and not to expect anything from that effort until April or so.

Was there something else you wanted?

unless you work for them, I want somebody with authority from that company to post step by step what is going on and when the fix is ready for prime time. my comments are to SAI.

Archived