TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Replacement

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stump,

Are you going to have the rivetd version istalled ? I have one waiting at the dealer for me but have decided to wait until SAI corrects the dip issue towards the front of the scoop. Amy stated a couple of weeks ago that they were having the scoop re-tooled and done by a different supplier but it would take about 10 weeks to complete.

Don

I'm going for the rivetd scoop with the insert. It seems I have some good guys on it now so it's in their hands. I'm sure if it's messed up they will not install.

They are making the call on the stripes not me. Heck I'm so disillusioned with the whole warranty process I'm ready to just drive the damn thing without a hood!

It has been a beating to say the least.

Drop off car last night for replacement scoop. Just received a call today from Able Ford dealership, guess what---- they said the new one sent by Shelby has a large dip towards the front of the scoop going reorder. Oh well till the next episode.

Ah... Able Ford.

After three calls and a visit, they STILL never delivered my missing wheel locks or Shelby window sticker (probably since they lied about the package's price), and I got to watch the salesperson pop the hood with the pins in. Crunch. Not a great experience. Plus the sales pitch was: "Shelby's 85 years old, on his second heart, and drinks a lot - he's gonna die soon, then think about how much this baby's gonna be worth!"

Classy.

Speaking of Long Island and hood scoops, '07 SGT#5439 is still sitting at Northport Ford with a HORRIBLE scoop... I dunno about "ongoing improvement" with the scoops!

Jer

BTW,

Does anyne here have a white SGT with the CS hood? I'm thinking of changing it over - I'm imagining it would look really cool.

Although I like the scoop too. Aw, I dunno...<lol>

Jer

Will Bud or Amy be posting the new information on new hood scoop on this website or is it up to us to check with them I believe they said 10 weeks and that was in Jan 08 that should put us sometime im late Mar or Apr, I hope this is final fix as do most of you I stopped after second scoop and had a wai and see attitude and I am glad I did as the last final fix ref rivets is KAPUT . Any updates would be appreciated here Thanks Bruce

Ok maybe SAI is just waiting to see how many people chime in on this so here is my complaint..

JUST FIX IT :censored::censored::censored:

Understand it is important for you to fix this issue. Understand how it is vital to the Shelby name. With all the complaints/lawsuits I am hearing about over the Shelby name...what is the point if something so vital to the Cobra name such as THIS VERY HOODSCOOP can't be fixed???

The solution that I think everyone will agree on is to replace that POS plastic scoop that should of never been put on a $40K Shelby in the first place, with the aluminum scoop K? THX.

My scoop and stripes were done tonight and it's absolutely beeee-uuuu-tiiii-fuuuull!!!

This is the way it should have come from the factory. I can say enough for Glenn at Quantum Performance and the body shop at Country Ford in Lewisville. No pics yet but I'll get them soon enough. Back to QP tomorrow for the alignment and gears later this week (hopefully). I think we are down to waiting on the tuner to arrive now.

Stump...did they do anything different to the scoop to prevent that crease? I am very curious on how it holds up for you. I am glad it looks great ! You sure have been through alot with it !

Well time will tell how well it works but it looks like they did not over pull the rivets (like I did when I tried it myself) which will make a big difference. I did not see any crease at all on the scoop. After the way it was floating around on the hood I think I could live with a slight crease. :happy feet:

Of course I already had the holes drilled in my hood so that may have helped some. :blush:

good luck with the scoop.i had mine replaced with the latest and greatest version a few weeks ago.the dealer did a good job riveting the scoop down.i have no creases but now after taking the car out saturday i found out what people were talking about when they said you get a dip at the front of the scoop just like in pictures on the forum.so now i'am waiting again for the next generation scoop.this is my 4th scoop on the car.it sure has taken a lot of enjoyment out of owning this car.it is very embarrsing taking this car out and people seeing the dip in the scoop.this scoop can not take the heat.need an aluminum scoop because it will disipate heat much better just like your heads and engine block.shelby needs to just bite the bullet and spend what ever it takes to correct problem once and for all.i don;t understand why there engineers could'nt have found this problem before releasing it to the public. hello shelby-anyone listening,

helby needs to just bite the bullet and spend what ever it takes to correct problem once and for all.i don;t understand why there engineers could'nt have found this problem before releasing it to the public. hello shelby-anyone listening, .

I am on my third scoop so I understand your frustration but think it's already been shown that SAI is listening. They have gone back to redesign and choose a new supplier all of which will take time. Amy gave a quick estimate of at least 10 weeks which put us some time in April as a target. But as you pointed out there needs to be some testing etc., so at this point I'm less into a date than that it's done right.

-Jeff

Well time will tell how well it works but it looks like they did not over pull the rivets (like I did when I tried it myself) which will make a big difference. I did not see any crease at all on the scoop. After the way it was floating around on the hood I think I could live with a slight crease. :happy feet:

Of course I already had the holes drilled in my hood so that may have helped some. :blush:

I was pretty much in the same boat as you when I picked up my car after the install. But a day or two later I started noticing the dip/crease and it changes in severity. But that said, it is alot better than the old scoop. I expect, because of the flimsy hood, even the next scoop will also have issues, but we can hope it will be better.

An aluminum scoop would be nice but it would need to be well fitted to the hood and I expect it would have its own issues.

I am on my third scoop so I understand your frustration but think it's already been shown that SAI is listening. They have gone back to redesign and choose a new supplier all of which will take time. Amy gave a quick estimate of at least 10 weeks which put us some time in April as a target. But as you pointed out there needs to be some testing etc., so at this point I'm less into a date than that it's done right.

-Jeff

I hear you Jeff, but Amy's post disappeared the next day. Robert said if he couldnt recover it, she would repost, neither has happened and we are in the dark. If in fact some new fangled solution is in the works, I respectfully request that someone (from SAI) step up and make it known to the populas.

PLEASE!

-Jeff

Jegg glad to see you are still here your comments are helpful, you changed you Name take care Bruce WI

I hear you Jeff, but Amy's post disappeared the next day. Robert said if he couldnt recover it, she would repost, neither has happened and we are in the dark. If in fact some new fangled solution is in the works, I respectfully request that someone (from SAI) step up and make it known to the populas.

PLEASE!

I private email to me from Bud on 1/28/2008 said.....................

Yes, we are aware of this new issue and we are working on it. As soon as the new scoop is redesigned, we will post it. My suggestion would be to hold on for now until the new scoop is out and ready.

OK Great, so now we can all look forward to a new scoop. What about the nice crease's left in the aluminum hood from the past 4 replacement scoops? This is rediculous. My opinion is that if enough folks don't make a call into FORD to complain we will never see the end of this.

OK Great, so now we can all look forward to a new scoop. What about the nice crease's left in the aluminum hood from the past 4 replacement scoops? This is rediculous. My opinion is that if enough folks don't make a call into FORD to complain we will never see the end of this.

You have a crease in your hood? If you had the dealer do all the work it would seem a replacement of the hood is in order for you.

I'm not sure what a call to Ford will do. Believe me Ford is well aware of the issues which all go through their warranty claim system. I'm willing to wait for the newly designed scoop. I can't see Ford offering to do any more than that at this point either or do you have something specific in mind you think Ford would do?

I am awaiting the offical hood scoop fix...only had my SGT for a month and the hood scoop ,needs to be replaced..Not really interested in letting the local Ford Dealer try to fix..so hopefully SAI..will resolve with a permanent solution...

I have # 5636. I guess they figured most of it out. My scoop looks good and have no need for repair or replacement. Anybody know at what point in production the changed the installation?

Rich

My car is 4549 and hood scoop looks OK...I hope I dont have a problem...keith

Archived