TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 vert getting ready for painted on stripes

BLOWN

Mustang went in monday to have 10" 2 1/8 " gap stripes painted on. These pictures R from today.

picture 1 is a shot of the back end

08stripes1.jpg

PIcture 2 is a picture of the front end. diplets where covered

08stripes3.jpg

Picture 3 is of the rear brake light & GT emblem removed

08stripes4.jpg

Rear Facia ready to come off when time is right

08stripes5.jpg

last picture of Quarter panel .Ready to be taken off. Should have paint on next week will get pictures of the progress.

08stripes2.jpg

Did they have to remove all that stuff just for the striping? Wow.

You're in my neck of the woods . . . if you get a good deal, let the rest of us know! I'm interested in getting my GT-H stripes painted versus keeping the vinyl (if it's a good deal).

Mike

Did they have to remove all that stuff just for the striping? Wow.

You're in my neck of the woods . . . if you get a good deal, let the rest of us know! I'm interested in getting my GT-H stripes painted versus keeping the vinyl (if it's a good deal).

Mike

BENZITO... To do the job right :happy feet: yes he does have to take it apart. The painter has painted stripes on many many mustangs & shelby GTs. He is very good at what he does and his Quality is A1.There is a guy around here who bought 2 shelby GT and he had The painter put stripes on both of them and here awhile ago he bought his mother just a regular GT and had this guy paint stripes on it. He has done so many that he has his own way of doing it and it turns out AWESOME. I cant wait my self to get it back or just to see the stripes on it. He is going to put 3 coats of clear back over everything. I will be going over and takeing more pictures as he gets closer to the big day that he shoots it.What is a good deal to you.

No you do not have to take all that stuff off if you do not want to.

The way that he is doing it is the right way and the only way to do it.

You get what you pay for.

what is a good deal to you.

BENZITO... I have a few pictures that I took 5-6 months ago when he was painting on stripes on a shelby. They are not perfect but for know it is all I got.

Picture 1 shot of the front

shelbystripepainted3.jpg

back end shot

shelbystripepainted2.jpg

another front shot

shelbystripepainted1.jpg

This was 5-6 months ago when we where just looking at buying a mustang

Mike it is costing us 1,500.00. 5-6 months ago they where only charging 1,200.00. But like I said he has done alot of them and it is time consuming and he is good at what he does and to us it is well worth it.He wont be masking it off till monday for the paint and we R thinking on maybe a pin stripe or maybe not. Anyway thanks here is there number 547-2100 ask for Blaze.

Mike it is costing us 1,500.00. 5-6 months ago they where only charging 1,200.00. But like I said he has done alot of them and it is time consuming and he is good at what he does and to us it is well worth it.He wont be masking it off till monday for the paint and we R thinking on maybe a pin stripe or maybe not. Anyway thanks here is there number 547-2100 ask for Blaze.

1500 for having them done right is not that bad......I mean the stick on ones are like 400 plus installation gets it up to bout 700 and they do not look as good...IMHO

Thanks for the info. Now I know what to expect.

Gib

Here is a couple pictures from today.

Picture 1 is of the stang in the shop with the front off. They where getting it ready for paint. Picture 1

CANONGOGT2.jpg

Picture 2 Grandson is holding up his mustang for a color match

CANONGOGT2.jpg

I will be going over Monday to get pictures of them prepairing the panels for paint.

Went over today and got a couple pictures.

Picture 1 stang is in the garage front end off being prepaired for paint

CANONGOGT2.jpg

photo 2 is of my Grandson showing every one how close his mustang color is a match. I will be going over Monday and get more pictures, They R to be prepairing the panels for paint. Wed is to be paint day as far as we know.

canonGOGT1.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the end results. Nice color choice on your car. :happy feet:

What color stripes are you doing ?

Black ?

Yes Grabber we R going with Ford Gloss Black. We thought about white but it would not look that good with the top down. This way The Vert will look Good either with the top up or down. We R going with a 10" stripe with a 2 1/8 gap. From the looks at the other Mustangs that he has done it should look sweet. We have been thinking about a pinstripe also. Maybe a 1/4" gap and a 1-2 " stripe. Don't know for sure though. I will be going over tomorow and taking some pictures to post. God Bless

Grabber some how I put two post up of the same thing, Is there a way to get rid of one of them?

Here are some pic from today. James says that he will be spraying some paint tomorow. here they are.

GRABBER2.jpg

GRABBER3.jpg

GRABBER4.jpg

GRABBER5.jpg

GRABBER6.jpg

GRABBER7.jpg

GRABBER8.jpg

I will be getting pic tomorow as he is going to be laying down some black. Will post them as soon as I get home. Thanks God bless

Here R some photos of this morning over at the body shop around 9am. I will be going back over there as soon as I get done here they Where to be painting the stripes on at 2pm. It is 2:45 right now. Here are the photos.

james5.jpg

james4.jpg

james3.jpg

james2.jpg

last one. I will post more later when I get back

james1.jpg

OK Here R some photos of the parts painted. There is still alot of work to be done to the paint and clean up. Will post more photos as new ones come up. Here R some from today.

grabberpaint.jpg

grabberpaint16.jpg

grabberpaint14.jpg

grabberpaint12.jpg

grabberpaint11.jpg

grabberpaint9.jpg

grabberpaint8.jpg

grabberpaint2.jpg

grabberpaint3.jpg

grabberpaint4.jpg

thats all for now. It is looking Good.

Here are some photos from today. It is looking gooooo

grabberblack2.jpg

grabberblack3.jpg

grabberblack4.jpg

grabberblack5.jpg

grabberblack6.jpg

grabberblack7.jpg

grabberblack8.jpg

The car is looking very VERY Nice. Tue James should have all the panels back on. Plan on getting it thurs or fri. Of course I will be taking pictures of the progress.

We went over to the shop this after noon to check out the car and they had it all togeather. I looks awesome :happy feet: I think it is crying for a pin stripe :happy feet: what do you think. I have a few photos for you to check out.

grabberdone1.jpg

My grandson was really excited about it. Its been awhile since he has seen it. He wantede to go cruz.

grabberdone2.jpg

grabberdone3.jpg

grabberdone4.jpg

grabberdone5.jpg

grabberdone6.jpg

I will get a few more pictures when they put the rear wing and hood scoop on.

That looks really nice Blown! When somebody asks; " ..it's just crying out for a pin stripe, what do you all think?", it obvious you want to put one on but I think it looks perfect just the way it is. However, it is your car and you you should do what you want. After all, those instincts have been pretty good so far. :happy feet:

How about trying the pinstripe in vinyl first? See how it looks.

Don't get me wrong :hysterical2: I like it the way it is with out but the other half kinda likes the pin stripe. Yes Ruf you R right we will be trying the Vinyl first. Maybe by then I can talk her out of it :hysterical2: :happy feet:

Archived