TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cbad Cars: Jan 26-SPECIAL EVENT!!!

rrobello

**SPECIAL CBAD CARS MEET-JANUARY 26**

This month the regular monthly meet falls on Jan. 26, 7am-9am as usual. But this month I would like to make a special request for a very special little boy.

For additional information on the monthly event, pictures and directions please visit this link: http://auto-focus.us/forum/showthread.php?p=487#post487

Background: My sister works at the Boys and Girls Club and one of the boys that has attended the club regularly for the past 4 years (since kindergarten) has been battling cancer for the past 3 years. Noah Severns who is a fourth grader was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (a type of bone cancer) when he was 6yrs old. When he was 6 he underwent a surgery to remove the cancerous part of his skull and had a plate implanted to protect his brain. Since then he has had 11 other surgeries, has had 2 cases of bone cancer and 2 separate cases of lung cancer, and has been undergoing chemotherapy treatments. Over the past 3 yrs Noah has needed transfusions of platelets and whole blood during his multiple surgeries. Most recently Noah underwent a critical surgery to remove the plate in his head and replace it with muscle from his stomach to increase the blood flow and prevent infection. Noah is now on one of the stronger chemotherapy regimens due to the last one not helping and instead the spot growing in size over the last month. Despite this he has made it to school everyday and tries to make it to the Boys and Girls Club after school. Noah through it all has kept smiling and managed to keep a somewhat normal kids like. He is a really happy, high spirted kid and tries his hardest to be like his friends, which he seems to accomplish 9 times out of 10 except he gets really tired, really fast.

However all of these procedures are very expensive and his family has recently undergone some financial hardships; as a result the hospital bills and other expenses associated with keeping Noah healthy have begun to pile up. His school, along with the help of my sister and her B&G Club branch, are conducting a fund-raiser. They have ordered and are selling plastic bracelets (same idea as the Live Strong ones) that will say "No One As Heroic" = NOAH for $5 and are also accepting additional donations. They have pre-ordered a limited amount of bracelets so as to avoid costs surpassing any proceeds, but will order more as needed. I have invited my sister, Noah and his family to come out and sell the bracelets at this months Cbad Meet. I have also attached the flier that went out to the school so if you would like to order one please fill out and email it back to my sister at delmar@positiveplacesd.org or 858-481-4116 (ask for Ally Robello). They are accepting cash or checks made payable to "Noah Severns Donation Fund." She will then be able to arrange either bringing them to Cbad for you (if they have enough already made) or arrange a way to get them to you; so if you want to make sure you get one perhaps contact her in advance so she can get a good head count of how many to bring.

This little boy can not seem to get a break and has been cleared of all cancer and in remission three separate times now and has gotten the cancer back four times. They need all the help and prayers that they can get at this point. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you feel might be interested in donating or purchasing a bracelet. If you would like to make an additional tax exempt donation then please contact my sister ( delmar@positiveplacesd.org or 858-481-4116; Ally Robello) and she can get you the proper paperwork. We are trying really hard to help this family out in their time of need so if you have any other ideas please let me know. His family is just asking everyone to pray for him and his other cancer friends he has met over the last three years.

WHY CBAD CARS MEET?: Like all of us Noah is a big fan of cool cars. I know he would greatly enjoy being able to attend the car meet and get an upclose look at some of the nicest cars in socal, so PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND COME OUT IN FULL FORCE! And in all my years of being part of the car community I have come to know that this community is made up of some of the most kind, caring people who often band together to help each other and others in need. So I am extending this plea to all of you to open your hearts one more time and help out a family in need and bring joy to a young boy for at least one morning. It is NOT mandatory that you donate money or buy a bracelet in order to attend this event, all I ask is that you come out and have fun and share your beautiful cars with a young fan who would appreciate it more than you can ever know.

Ideas?: Would anyone be interested in perhaps doing a giant cruise of all cars to somewhere for breakfast? If so ideas of the route and destination would be greatly appreciated.

ALSO NOAH'S FAVORITE CAR IS THE VIPER SO IF YOU HAVE ONE OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES ROUND THEM ALL UP AND MAKE SURE YOU ATTEND!!!! THANKS!

Bracelet order form: http://www.auto-focus.us/autofocusgallery/...oah+Severns.doc

So who's in?

rrobello

irishlad

sdkb

9t3svt

mmlx89

fastfred

in-a-roush

schwaebz98

clay

andrew101010

gtguy

v10nut

www.auto-focus.us

list of people Ive heard directly from, but dont be fooled there are at least 100 cars that show up every month so it will be a great turnout:

rrobello

irishlad

sdkb

9t3svt

mmlx89

fastfred

in-a-roush

schwaebz98

clay

andrew101010

gtguy

v10nut

dodger

junr

zotic

indecentkiko

eldyj

samj

gmantheman

misled20

dabears2k

gibs07gtcoupe

updated the list above with some more people that have confirmed (that Ive heard of personally) that will be in attendance, dont let the list fool you because this event has been well above 100 cars in attendance for quite some time now so there will be a good turnout.

I have been notified by my sister that some people are asking for an address to send checks directly to or to return the form to so here it is:

Make sure to write

ATTN: ALLY ROBELLO

533 Lomas Santa Fe Drive in Solana Beach, CA 92075

**UPDATE!!**

I was just informed that Noah will unfortunately not be able to attend on Saturday. He will have to undergo a previously unscheduled chemotherapy treatment starting on Thursday and the last round being on Saturday. He was really excited to come out and the family is very appreciative and moved by the response so far. I know Noah would prefer to be with us on Saturday but he is dealing with this like a champ as usual and is keeping a smile on his face.

So what to do now? Well the show must go on and although Noah and his family won't be able to attend, my sister will still be there to sell bracelets and collect donations if anyone would like to contribute. For most of the show I will have her standing by my car, so if you would like to help out please come find her. If anyone for some reason doesn't already know what my car looks like here is a pic of it:

(says "Agent 47" on windshield)

P1010001.JPG

I do know that Noah would still love to be around all of these cars so hopefully he will be feeling better next month and I will bring him down to check out the cars and all of you can meet this incredible kid. Perhaps I can meet with some of the Viper owners and plan a little something fun for Noah as soon as he's feeling up to it.

For now, the show is still on as it is a monthly event, so please still come on down and have some fun. My thoughts will be with Noah.

Noah, his family, my sister and myself thank all of you for your gracious support. Ill see you there and hopefully you will all be meeting Noah next month.

UPDATED LIST:

rrobello

irishlad

sdkb

9t3svt

mmlx89

fastfred

in-a-roush

schwaebz98

clay

andrew101010

gtguy