TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here I go, I have been around cars for a long time,like 42 years. I love my SGT. I have all way's done things to what ever car I have at the time, like headers carbs. cam, gears, etc. But with the new one's it seems like headers some fuel intake spacers do not do a lot for the money. I know too that a S/C is the new way but I have done that on a 03 Marauder.

I want to go back to some old school like items. I have done the new tune and cold air inlet and I am working on the under drive pullies. I all so know that gears help, not in hp but in the way we want the car to leave when we get into it.

Are headers really worth the money and time? It seems like they do not pay for what you get.

I quess what I am trying to say is what have you done that has paid off in performance?

I hope I have made some since of all of this.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening.

Are the parts worth the money? I guess it is a matter of opinion....ask my wife!!!! :nonono:

Here is the basic idea regarding my 2006 GT that I traded in for the SGT: I went from a 14.31 E.T. to a 13.37 E.T. and almost 5 MPH with all bolt on parts. I have documented each run with the addition of the bolt ons over the course of 1 year.

Please note that I am by no means a "Great" drag racer, but you can still get the idea. :shift:

If you wish to see the history of times in relation to parts, I would be glad to share that information with you.

In regards to my SGT, I have added a throttle body, spacer, headers, and pulleys.....all of which were on my GT. The SGT breathes better and pulls harder at top end.

Please let me know if you would like additional information.

SGT2167

Good evening.

Are the parts worth the money? I guess it is a matter of opinion....ask my wife!!!! :nonono:

Here is the basic idea regarding my 2006 GT that I traded in for the SGT: I went from a 14.31 E.T. to a 13.37 E.T. and almost 5 MPH with all bolt on parts. I have documented each run with the addition of the bolt ons over the course of 1 year.

Please note that I am by no means a "Great" drag racer, but you can still get the idea. :shift:

If you wish to see the history of times in relation to parts, I would be glad to share that information with you.

In regards to my SGT, I have added a throttle body, spacer, headers, and pulleys.....all of which were on my GT. The SGT breathes better and pulls harder at top end.

Please let me know if you would like additional information.

SGT2167

I would LOVE to see that history! I'm sure a lot of us would.... :headspin::yup:

Dan

I would LOVE to see that history! I'm sure a lot of us would.... :headspin::yup:

Dan

That's the way to do it, I would love to see those results also!

Good evening.

Here is the history of the 06 Mustang GT.

Each set of data was obtained at the same Drag Strip in Ohio. The track is not the best, traction is a consistant problem. Drag radials were a big help. You can definitely see the improvement in performance between the bolts ons and the radials.

My buddy consistantly runs 0.3 seconds quicker at better tracks with his '04 Mach1 vs. his time at the same track I ran at. With a better driver and and better track, it would have been in the 12's. :shift:

post-12740-1202007861_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps you who are thinking about bolt on performance enhancements! B)

Any further questions, just let me know!!!

post-12740-1202007861_thumb.jpg

Well I have put on the pullies and can say there is a world of defference in the car now. With the new turn and pullies it is not the same car. Much more responce and you feel the torque. Like everyone else that has done the tune, it is worth the money.

Now I am not sure what is next. Thinking about a one peace drive shaft and the 4:10 I have. But cams are all so on my mind.

That is what is good about these car you can do just a little and get some results.

Agree! Just a few mods, and you can feel a difference. Not so sure what my next mod will be either, but I will keep and eye on the forum and look for opprotunities.

Have fun with the new pulleys.......

I want to be just a 'little' quicker than the average GT or SGT.......I like to surprise those doubters out there.....

Thanks for the feedback!! :burnout:

Archived