TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: FORD MOTOR COMPANY

FORD MOTOR COMPANY;

I EMPLORE YOU TO PLEASE CONSIDER THE WORKING MAN AND THE TRUE DEDICATED MUSCLE CAR/SHELBY FANATIC WHEN YOU ASSIGN THE M.S.R.P. ON THE GT500KR.

PLEASE DON'T PRICE IT OUT OF REALM OF REACH FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS SO ONLY THE RICH AND FORTUNATE FEW CAN OWN THIS AMAZING CAR.

THE GT500 IS ROUGHLY $47,000 SO WE ARE ASSUMING THE GT500KR WILL BE IN THE UPPER FIFTIES OR MID SIXTIES AT THE MOST.

GETTING AN ALLOCATION FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CAR WILL BE HARD ENOUGH JUST IMAGINE THE HEARTBREAK IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AN ALLOCATION AND THEN THE M.S.R.P. IS SO FAR OUT OF REACH THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO TURN THE CAR DOWN, THAT WOULD BE A SHAME.

I PRAY THAT THE RUMORS OF A $77,000 M.S.R.P. ARE STRICKLY THAT JUST A RUMOR, AND THAT FORD WILL BE REALISTIC WHEN THEY SET THE M.S.R.P..

THANK YOU

FORD MOTOR COMPANY;

I EMPLORE YOU TO PLEASE CONSIDER THE WORKING MAN AND THE TRUE DEDICATED MUSCLE CAR/SHELBY FANATIC WHEN YOU ASSIGN THE M.S.R.P. ON THE GT500KR.

PLEASE DON'T PRICE IT OUT OF REALM OF REACH FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS SO ONLY THE RICH AND FORTUNATE FEW CAN OWN THIS AMAZING CAR.

THE GT500 IS ROUGHLY $47,000 SO WE ARE ASSUMING THE GT500KR WILL BE IN THE UPPER FIFTIES OR MID SIXTIES AT THE MOST.

GETTING AN ALLOCATION FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL CAR WILL BE HARD ENOUGH JUST IMAGINE THE HEARTBREAK IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AN ALLOCATION AND THEN THE M.S.R.P. IS SO FAR OUT OF REACH THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO TURN THE CAR DOWN, THAT WOULD BE A SHAME.

I PRAY THAT THE RUMORS OF A $77,000 M.S.R.P. ARE STRICKLY THAT JUST A RUMOR, AND THAT FORD WILL BE REALISTIC WHEN THEY SET THE M.S.R.P..

THANK YOU

Out of reach of the middle class???

They priced the GT500 so the middle class could afford one and even at $45K - $50K that priced most middle class out of the market. I don't know how the average middle class person could afford a $45K car, let alone a $60K - $70K car!

The LAST thing on Ford's mind is worrying about the middle class being able to afford a KR. And even IF they priced it at only $50K MSRP, that still puts the average KR at a $100K after the ADM is added on. and at this point a $50K ADM seems to be a LOW number with dealers turning $70K ADM's away!

V07GT500,

I'm terribly sorry to tell you that the M.S.R.P. is actually higher than $77,000.00. I know that you and many of us are unhappy with that news, but we (the buyers) and SAI really can't do anything to change what's been etched in stone.

This car is FoMoCo's baby, and SAI has NOTHING to how much they charge for it.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY;

THANK YOU

I don't think the MSRP is of much importance...it's what you will actually pay that counts. Not sure how SAI determines pricing ...does SAI even use the term MSRP?

Edited: Incorrect assumption about SAI

Who is "we"? I certainly have not assumed that.

Out of reach of the middle class???

They priced the GT500 so the middle class could afford one and even at $45K - $50K that priced most middle class out of the market. I don't know how the average middle class person could afford a $45K car, let alone a $60K - $70K car!

The LAST thing on Ford's mind is worrying about the middle class being able to afford a KR. And even IF they priced it at only $50K MSRP, that still puts the average KR at a $100K after the ADM is added on. and at this point a $50K ADM seems to be a LOW number with dealers turning $70K ADM's away!

I'm not so sure I agree with your first statement....I guess it depends on how you define middle class and "afford". If by afford you mean "scrape up money from any source to barely eke out a 7 year loan", then yes I agree. If however, you mean "once all your necessary expenses are paid and you're already saving at least 10% for retirement, funding your kids' college funds, and providing for your family you still have enough left over to get a 4 or maybe 5 year loan and still afford it", then I don't think most middle class people can do that.

If I can't buy a car on a 5 year loan or less (rule of thumb), then I need to buy a less expensive car (there are all types of exceptions to this....like if you can get a very low interest rate...you should drag the loan out as far as you can and invest the money). That's just a rule I've made to myself because it allows me to do other things with my money...it's MY CHOICE. I'm sure others follow their own rules...and that's great...you go for it. I have other aspirations in life and things I want to do with the money...so that's where I draw the line. Each and every person on this site can CHOOSE THEIR OWN LINE to draw. I often don't agree with where others draw that line...but it's their life.

Really it's all about choices. I could afford a Ferrari if I wanted to live in a $300 a month apartment and eat rice for the rest of my life.

As for your second point about Ford not worrying about the middle class being able to afford a KR...I completely agree.

Dave,

I'm not talking about IF's.

I am talking about the average middle class American.

You know, $40K - $60K per year income. Your typical average middle class family.

They have house payments, kids, car loans, etc. Those people can barely afford to buy a $40K - $50K car.

I'm not talking about those that have $40K - $50K cash to plump down. I'm talking about average middle class people that for the most part live paycheck to paycheck. That is the average middle class in this country. If they don't live paycheck to paycheckl then in most cases they are beyond being in the middle class.

Realistically, how many people can afford $800 - $1,000 month car payments? Especially on a car that isn't practical as your everyday family driver? This is more of a toy than a daily family driver. Not many middle class americans can afford to buy $40K - $50K toys! That is something more of the upper class to wealthy buy. Most middle class that do buy something like this go into debt and get over their head to be able to own something like this.

Now if you are single and earning $40K - $50K per year and have little to no debt, then I'm sure they could afford to buy something like this. But the average middle class family raising kids???

What is the AVERAGE household income in this country? That is your average middle class family. Most of them can not afford to buy a car like this. Many will and go into debt for it just because they want it, but that doesn't mean they can afford it.

V07GT500,

I'm terribly sorry to tell you that the M.S.R.P. is actually higher than $77,000.00. I know that you and many of us are unhappy with that news, but we (the buyers) and SAI really can't do anything to change what's been etched in stone.

This car is FoMoCo baby, and SAI has NOTHING to how much they charge for it.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO IT TO JUSTIFY $30,000 MORE THAN THE GT500????? OHHH I GOT IT ( HYPE )

WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO IT TO JUSTIFY $30,000 MORE THAN THE GT500????? OHHH I GOT IT ( HYPE )

What are they doing to the SS to justify $30K more???

Swap the cost of the upgraded supecharger for the cost of the carbon fiber hood. That hood alone is going to cost somewhere in the $6K - $7K range.

when all is said and done, the KR is/will be an awsome car but really nothing that we can not and have not already duplicated via the aftermarket.

The only difference really will be the lil KR on the side and the rarity of it. I personally dont think you will ever see one on the road. As it is I don't see GT500s driving around, hence why most people when they see mine with no stripes think its a 6 banger LOL

Gents, it is still called SUPPLY & DEMAND.

Ford is playing the SUPPLY thing by only producing 1000 units.

Lots of buyers out there playing the DEMAND thing.

I am not surprized if after all is said and done we are looking at $150k or more.......wrong and sad, but, suppply & demand sets the price.

Gents, it is still called SUPPLY & DEMAND.

Ford is playing the SUPPLY thing by only producing 1000 units.

Lots of buyers out there playing the DEMAND thing.

I am not surprized if after all is said and done we are looking at $150k or more.......wrong and sad, but, suppply & demand sets the price.

Let's keep track of what folks think MSRP will be and a "typical" ADM during the first month or two (although the typical ADM may be difficult to track/verify):

Luis A - ??? MSRP + ??? ADM = $150,000

Dave R - $64,000 MSRP + $40,000 ADM = $104,000

Coldwaterhotrod -

Shelbydude - $80,000 MSRP + $80,000 ADM = $160,000

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

:stirpot::hysterical2:

Let's keep track of what folks think MSRP will be and a "typical" ADM during the first month or two (although the typical ADM may be difficult to track/verify):

Luis A - MSRP of $??? + ADM of $??? = Total of $150k

Dave R - MSRP of $64,000 + ADM of $40,000 = $104,000

Coldwaterhotrod -

Shelbydude -

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

MSRP $80,000 + ADM $80,000 = $160,000

The KR a car for the working man? Hardly.

This is a highly collectible, limited edition Mustang. The average American won't even have a shot at this $150,000 car since there will be only 1000 and they will be spoken for before any of us ever know about them.

Coldwaterhotrod -

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

I'll play.... If I'm invited :hysterical:

$75,000 MSRP + $100,000 ADM

In NY that is...

Coldwaterhotrod - $75,000 MSRP + $100,000 ADM = $175,000

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

Found the link & I said back in May of 06' 175k

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7125

The price will be what they can get. Im sure Ford puts the bar up high so only a few can reach it on the KR GT500 ss. People suggesting what the price should be wont change the check some can write. It not saying this is right just realistic. If your dream is to own one maybe not today but sometime in the future.

$63,500 M.S.R.P. is very realistic and fair for what they are doing to the GT500 TO MAKE IT A KR

Dude - this is capitalism. It's supply and demand. Everyone wants this car. That kind of market will increase the actual purchase price to ridiculous. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with what it cost to build the car.

GT500FLYBOY - $??? MSRP + $??? ADM = $150,000

Venomus07GT500 - $64,500 MSRP + $0 ADM = $64,500 :hysterical2:

'69fstbk\... - $75,000 MSRP + $100,000.01 ADM = $175,000.01 :hysterical:

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

I'm starting to think my guess is a bit low. :banghead:

GT500FLYBOY - $??? MSRP + $??? ADM = $150,000

Venomus07GT500 - $64,500 MSRP + $0 ADM = $64,500 :hysterical2:

'69fstbk\... - $75,000 MSRP + $100,000.01 ADM = $175,000.01 :hysterical:

68fastback -

Anyone else wanna play?

I'm starting to think my guess is a bit low. :banghead:

Shelbycrz-59,500 MSRP+40,000 ADM=99,500 How's this?????????

Archived