TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PRETTY PLEASE- AMY OR FORD- M.S.R.P. ON THE KR

FINANCING THE HOUSE, FARM, 401K ETC. FOR THIS CAR, BUT KINDA HARD WITH ( NO PRICING ).

Hey there,

Not 10000% sure on this, but SAI may not have any idea what the MSRP is going to be. This car if I remember right isnt being done at the SAI facility. Its completly finished at Ford and shipped direct to the dealers.

Page

Hey there,

Not 10000% sure on this, but SAI may not have any idea what the MSRP is going to be. This car if I remember right isnt being done at the SAI facility. Its completly finished at Ford and shipped direct to the dealers.

Page

No, the GT500 is built at Ford and then shipped to SAI to be converted into the KR. It will be the same type of process like they did with the SGT. GT Mustang built at Ford then shipped to SAI to be converted to the Shelby GT.

No, the GT500 is built at Ford and then shipped to SAI to be converted into the KR. It will be the same type of process like they did with the SGT. GT Mustang built at Ford then shipped to SAI to be converted to the Shelby GT.

I sold my stunning 07' GT500 with under 100 Mi on it to ensure that I would have adeqite funds for a 08 GT500KR I sure wish the allocations and pricing of this car would happen soon.

By the way-- Black W/ White stripes is faster than Vista!

This combo screams.... by the way the High Gloss and incredibe depth are provided by pure ivory carnuba & Wolfgang

I sold my stunning 07' GT500 with under 100 Mi on it to ensure that I would have adeqite funds for a 08 GT500KR I sure wish the allocations and pricing of this car would happen soon.

By the way-- Black W/ White stripes is faster than Vista!

This combo screams.... by the way the High Gloss and incredibe depth are provided by pure ivory carnuba & Wolfgang

I don't know what the allocations will be and it appears most dealers won't find out until March.

Pricing is going to be in the upper 70's to lower 80's plus the crazy ADM's on top of that.

Did you happen to have 3 or 4 GT500's to sell to scrap up enough cash to get one of these???

I don't know what the allocations will be and it appears most dealers won't find out until March.

Pricing is going to be in the upper 70's to lower 80's plus the crazy ADM's on top of that.

Did you happen to have 3 or 4 GT500's to sell to scrap up enough cash to get one of these???

Only one gonna have to cash in investments but I can make it happen, just need the car.

post-8609-1200374191_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1200374191_thumb.jpg

I feel that is kinda high for this car low to mid sixties plus adm's I think is fair. Pinnacle ivory carnuba & wolfgang sealant

post-8609-1200374374_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1200374374_thumb.jpg

hey shelbydude, while at the bday bash this weekend i tried my best to brown nose an allocation, but couldnt find the right Ford guy. well i at least tried. i was told that the MSRP is going to be 77k. the ONLY option for the KR is going to be a glass roof panel. the Ford guy i did talk to was in charge of the upfitters packages. he told me that production is planned to start in FEB. so we agreed that Ford had to go ahead and have the lottery so that they could start production.

i put a KR in the order bank just to see options and maybe get a price. NO price, but i did get a call today for Ford asking me to REMOVE the order. he wouldnt tell me why, but that i couldnt have a KR in the order bank???

michael morris

First off getting this at MSRP, good luck, and a suckers bet at best! No way anyone gonna give this up without a huge ADM. Second, to sell your GT500 on the hopes of getting one is one matter, but to dip that deep into savings, for a car? All I can say, is I hope things work out for you, but my opinion (skip this post if you do not want it) is to forget the dream, save your money, and get another GT500 at MSRP to fill your need. The difference is not worth the cost, nor the debt, nor will this car be worth what you think in the end... just MHO.

hey shelbydude, while at the bday bash this weekend i tried my best to brown nose an allocation, but couldnt find the right Ford guy. well i at least tried. i was told that the MSRP is going to be 77k. the ONLY option for the KR is going to be a glass roof panel. the Ford guy i did talk to was in charge of the upfitters packages. he told me that production is planned to start in FEB. so we agreed that Ford had to go ahead and have the lottery so that they could start production.

i put a KR in the order bank just to see options and maybe get a price. NO price, but i did get a call today for Ford asking me to REMOVE the order. he wouldnt tell me why, but that i couldnt have a KR in the order bank???

michael morris

I heard there is only going to be ONE KR with the glass roof and that is going to be the one they sell at Barrett-Jackson. It is suppose to be a ONE OF ONE.

Also, the glass roof isn't available until 09 and will not be an option on the GT500. It is only an option on the regular 09 mustangs.

So it would not make any sense to offer one on the KR and not offer one on the GT500. Of course, we all know Ford does a lot of things that doesn't make sense! :hysterical:

You really need to rethink think this gameplan. Raiding/liquidating investments or a retirement acct. to purchase a luxury item that is guaranteed to depreciate over time is a form of financial suicide.

I am not depleating all of my savings for the car just what I can justify and spare, but thank you for your concern, I agree with you outlook though.

michael morris

$77,000 IS QUITE HIGH IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THAT IS $32,000 MORE THAN THE GT500 ( WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY THINKING)?

MID SIXTIES IS MORE REALISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carroll's KR? One of one. His car was issued outside of allocation, so technically there will be 1001 KR's produced. Bash attendee's, did you read his SN on his dash plaque? It's 01-11-08-85, but does not have CSM# in front of it; very cool.

Glass roof KR was revealed last night in Detroit, and I inadvertently advised MM in Vegas that it would be an option on the KR which it is, however good luck getting one on the KR because the KR production will be completed before the glass backs get into the production line. So technicially you can say that both MM and SD are right on this. GB option has been moved up to the 2008 MY, and will be a mid production option on Mustang's and 500's.

M.S.R.P.? Slightly higher than SD has posted, and I can now comfortably say that's for certain.

Amy and SAI have very little, if any control over the KR's production, allocations, or pricing just like the GT500's.

If Ron Pratte's KR goes for $1,000.000 next Saturday evening, then God help those who will try to buy one, cuz when the allocated dealers get wind of that figure, we will easely see six figure ADM's put upon the car.

Are you SURE about the glass roof being an option on the GT500's???

Ford said it will not be available on GT500. Only available on V6 and GT Premium models.

No, I can't say that I am 100% certain of that, however my source stated that it would be. IMO it won't be an option for the 500 for technicial reasons, but I guess we will all find out soon enough if it's true or not.

From this article it sounds like they will only make ONE KR with a glass roof.

If this is not the case, then what makes this one a "ONE OF A KIND"?

"Ford Motor Company and Shelby Automobiles have partnered to bring back the Ford Shelby GT500KR. The 540-horsepower “King of the Road” pony car is based on the most powerful factory-built Mustang ever produced. This one-of-a-kind ebony GT500KR features a glass roof that will be offered on the 2009 Mustang and racing stripes that continue over the roof; the stripes are etched directly into the glass roof. Carroll Shelby is scheduled to be on stage to hand the car keys to its new owner."

Here is the link: LINKY

You really need to rethink think this gameplan. Raiding/liquidating investments or a retirement acct. to purchase a luxury item that is guaranteed to depreciate over time is a form of financial suicide.

The KR is not going to depreciate like you think.

1000 built

Shelby and KR on the same car, and the man aint gona live forever, also this car is a "true" shelby to many that believe it must go to Vegas to be considered a real shelby.

You make comments like I did before I got one. I know how it was, when you wanted something everyone else had.

I bet this guy has enough money where he really could care less.

Some people retire with a benefit in the 6 figures, and Im talking a life annuity!

The KR is not going to depreciate like you think.

1000 built

Shelby and KR on the same car, and the man aint gona live forever, also this car is a "true" shelby to many that believe it must go to Vegas to be considered a real shelby.

You make comments like I did before I got one. I know how it was, when you wanted something everyone else had.

I bet this guy has enough money where he really could care less.

Some people retire with a benefit in the 6 figures, and Im talking a life annuity!

So do you meen that my 07 GT500 isn't a real Shelby??????????????

DID THEY EVEN HAVE THE GT500KR FINAL ALLOCATION YET???????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! To the following WINNERS of 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Allocation:

58 allocations have been awarded so far............

942 lottery allocations still to come...........

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR Allocation Plan

Details of the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

Ford Division is excited to announce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR!

Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra GT500KR, Ford and Shelby collaborate on a new 'King of the Road' Mustang with the 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered in to random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

randy

Hey MM...............I have been here for a long time, just not posted. I think my member # is about 1/2 of yours.......j/k......brother. GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR KR DRAW!

So do you meen that my 07 GT500 isn't a real Shelby??????????????

Note that he says "many that believe"...which is true. There are SOME PEOPLE who think that if your car is not touched by SAI in Las Vegas, then it is NOT a true Shelby. I've met such people. Some of those people drive the price differences for cars that touch SAI vs. those which don't I'm sure. Although I suppose it's POSSIBLE that somewhere out there, there is a person who actually thinks a car that is ONLY touched by Ford is worth MORE than one that is later touched by SAI.

You probably can't tell where I stand on this issue...I'm trying to display neutrality here.

:stirpot:

Dave

Note that he says "many that believe"...which is true. There are SOME PEOPLE who think that if your car is not touched by SAI in Las Vegas, then it is NOT a true Shelby. I've met such people. Some of those people drive the price differences for cars that touch SAI vs. those which don't I'm sure. Although I suppose it's POSSIBLE that somewhere out there, there is a person who actually thinks a car that is ONLY touched by Ford is worth MORE than one that is later touched by SAI.

You probably can't tell where I stand on this issue...I'm trying to display neutrality here.

:stirpot:

Dave

Alloy Dave;

How about this one????? :headspin:

"The current GT500 is a Shelby and an SVT car"............. :superhero:

"Can't say this about the other Shelby's"????????????? :redcard::hysterical:

Dave

Archived