TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge install

I'm installing an electronic fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge and I'm wondering what the best place to grab switched 12vdc is. Also you guys that have the gauge package installed from SAI where did they grab a vacuum line?

I'm installing an electronic fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge and I'm wondering what the best place to grab switched 12vdc is. Also you guys that have the gauge package installed from SAI where did they grab a vacuum line?

For the switched 12v source Radio Shack (and others) sell Fuse Tap adapters (see picture below). You can use a spare fuse slot or an existing switched fuse circuit in your passenger side kick panel fuse box (aka Smart Junction Box).

Not sure if this will work for the boost gauge you are using but for the S/C bypass valve I T-tapped off of the vacuum line that runs along the driver side fuel rail on the intake manifold. Be sure you don’t tap into the fuel line by mistake!!!

Good luck...

post-8098-1200435573_thumb.jpg

For the switched 12v source Radio Shack (and others) sell Fuse Tap adapters (see picture below). You can use a spare fuse slot or an existing switched fuse circuit in your passenger side kick panel fuse box (aka Smart Junction Box).

Not sure if this will work for the boost gauge you are using but for the S/C bypass valve I T-tapped off of the vacuum line that runs along the driver side fuel rail on the intake manifold. Be sure you don’t tap into the fuel line by mistake!!!

Good luck...

Thanks for the good info !

Archived