TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Convertible missing FRPP suspension?

tispco

I rented a GT-H convertible (#189) for the Birthday Bash. It did not seem to handle or ride much different from my GT convertible. Finally, I looked under the car and was surprised to see only the FRPP springs. The sway bars and struts/shocks were stock Mustang GT parts. Did anyone else check out the suspension on their GT-H? Were the GT-H convertibles only built with the FRPP springs?

During this time frame, Ford was not recommending that the convertibles use the entire handling pack. Maybe it was a warranty or NVH issue. I called FRPP and spoke to a Tech and he said it would be fine on the convertible so I put one on. It's been great :happy feet:

I don't know if they changed their recommendation in the new 08 catalog

• 2 months later...
During this time frame, Ford was not recommending that the convertibles use the entire handling pack. Maybe it was a warranty or NVH issue. I called FRPP and spoke to a Tech and he said it would be fine on the convertible so I put one on. It's been great :happy feet:

I don't know if they changed their recommendation in the new 08 catalog

Will you clarify what you had replaced in the GT-H suspension? Thanks

• 4 years later...

I put the Ford racing shocks and struts on my 08 SGT as well and wow what a difference it makes in the handling department.

I Still shake my head why they thought that convertible owners were not going to track their ride

Archived