TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you thimk I am obsesed or just one of the many?

I spend like 3 hours a day on this site. Always asking her what color shelby I should get. What part I should buy for her 2005 mustang Gt. So she occasionally loses her Temper and lets me have it. She always brings up the piont that I named our daughter Shelby. I try to explain my passion to her but its to hard to explain!!

ANyone else have this problem with a wife not understanding? She wants me to get a Shelby so I will Shut Up about it.

I spend like 3 hours a day on this site. Always asking her what color shelby I should get. What part I should buy for her 2005 mustang Gt. So she occasionally loses her Temper and lets me have it. She always brings up the piont that I named our daughter Shelby. I try to explain my passion to her but its to hard to explain!!

ANyone else have this problem with a wife not understanding? She wants me to get a Shelby so I will Shut Up about it.

Yah that all sounds about right for an obsession. A guys got to have an obsession about something. Our spouses just wish it was about them all the time. I really had to resist hard about 16 years ago when we were picking names for our soon to be born daughter. My wife and I both liked Shelby but I knew all my family and friends would say I named her after a car, so went another route. Now that my daughter and I are just completing a full restomod 68 coupe with Shelby body panels and I'm buying the new Shelby I'm wondering if I made the right choice.

"Git 'er done" I beleive those words are the worse words in the english Language! and If that was you trying to say I am a red neck for naming my daught Shelby. I am not! My best moments of my life where spent working on my Grand fathers 1966 427 AC Cobra (real thing not a replica)

I tell my wife that I am married to my cars and she is my mistress. That is why our love will never die.

"Git 'er done" I beleive those words are the worse words in the english Language! and If that was you trying to say I am a red neck for naming my daught Shelby. I am not! My best moments of my life where spent working on my Grand fathers 1966 427 AC Cobra (real thing not a replica)

I tell my wife that I am married to my cars and she is my mistress. That is why our love will never die.

Git 'er done = Get it done!

Get your Shelby.

By the way - Git 'er Done has become the official slogan of the US Air Force. :shift:

And if you haven't noticed - they "git 'er done."

From North Carolina - home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base - Nobody and I mean no one plays with our boys in the sky. :shift: Ask Saddam.

By the way - no disrespect meant toward your daughter.

I teach English. If you think git er done are the worst words, I think, perhaps, I've got a lot more for ya! :happy feet:

Sorry abou the Attitude RUFDRAFT. I just took it git'er done the wrong way, It's just everyone I know say's that to people to make fun of other people. In the way you put it, I ordered an GT500 Coupe Alloy with satin silver strips. I want a vista blue with white strips but I think there is going to be alot of them ordered.

A week or so ago when Rufdraft said he could not get the Shelby he had ordered due to a personnel situation, I made the suggestion that he buy a used GT at the auction and Supercharge it and do it up and it would still be a fun car for $20,000 less. Not a bad idea but the more I think about it, by the time we do this we would have $30,000 in it. Heck whats another $15,000 for a car I will have for quite a while and the one I really want? The Wife is not too happy about it, I never knew how much home repair and remodling you could do for $45,000 until last week!!!

Jason - we have no problems, man!

This is one of the issues with emails - we can't "hear" the inflection.

I teach some classes online - and it's always an issue.

We're cool, man.

I've had to put the Shelby order on hold for the time being until my wife's health issues level off. But, I'm sure the future will be fruitful. And - who knows - I may get some Shelby time before that!

Y'all drive safe - you hear? :shift:

Archived