TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOW! White SGT on Ebay w/no reserve for under $30k

IASHELBYGT

It a base model GT Premium that has ZERO optional equipment.

MSRP was $38,150 - $1,000 Rebate = $37,150

Invoice $36,198.58 - $1,000 Rebate = $35,198.58

X-Plan $36,162.35 - $1,000 Rebate = $35,162.35

D-Plan $35,153.58 - $1,000 Rebate = $34,153.58

A/Z-Plan $35,053.58 - $1,000 Rebate = $34,053.58

The car is USED and has been titled. Current bid as of right now is $28,201.99

So we are talking $5,851.59 less than what that can be bought for on the A/Z-Plan price. That is actually pretty good considering it is used and has been titled.

$6,996.59 below dealer invoice after rebate. These can be bought at invoice right now. So again, just under $7K below invoice on a used car. I'd say the seller is doing OK at this point considering what these are bringing new right now. And there is 4 hours and 38 minutes to go yet!

The car was built on 3/30/07. So it will be a year old in 2 1/2 months. Although it wasn't sold until 9/13/07. So it was sold only 4 months ago.

I notice the seller is located in FL. The car came from a dealer in UT.

The car was built on 3/30/07. So it will be a year old in 2 1/2 months. Although it wasn't sold until 9/13/07. So it was sold only 4 months ago.

I notice the seller is located in FL. The car came from a dealer in UT.

10 minutes left in the auction and it's at $30.102. Not bad for a CAR WITH 284 MILES ON IT even if it is a base no frills model. No IUP makes it unattractive for me, plus I already have a white one. If this was a black automatic I might have thrown a bid in for the wife. :headspin:

I'd also like to know the history of how a Utah car ended up in FL.

UPDATE: Auction just closed with a winning bid of $31,900. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. For that kind of money I could've put on a supercharger, wheels and big brakes on mine. Oh well, can't change the past now.

Dave

Here's a new white SGT on Ebay with a buy it now price of $35k. It has the IUP, Sirius and heated seats for options. Looks like a pretty good price especially if they set the bidding reserve below $35k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...675540&rd=1

I guess those of us that bought earlier will need to wait til the remaining '07s sell out before our cars will be worth closer to what we paid for them. However, I'm not planning on selling mine anytime soon. I'd rather drive the car and enjoy it! 401k's are for investing, Shelby's are for fun!

Here's a new white SGT on Ebay with a buy it now price of $35k. It has the IUP, Sirius and heated seats for options. Looks like a pretty good price especially if they set the bidding reserve below $35k.

I guess those of us that bought earlier will need to wait til the remaining '07s sell out before our cars will be worth closer to what we paid for them. However, I'm not planning on selling mine anytime soon. I'd rather drive the car and enjoy it! 401k's are for investing, Shelby's are for fun!

+1

:stop:

That car does NOT have the IUP or heated seats.

It has only ONE option on it which is the SAT. Radio.

The info in their options listed are incorrect.

I also checked the incentives based on their zip code and it shows the full $2,500 rebate is available now on that car.

MSRP $29,955 + $8,390 = $38,345 total MSRP.

So at $35K that is only $845 off MSRP after the $2,500 rebate is deducted.

Here is the info from the window sticker:

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $26,875

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 140A-PREM GT COU

DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

PERFORMANCE WHITE CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

JOB #2 ORDER

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAGS

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEEL

PONY CENTER CAP

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 29,210

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $29,955

Thanks for the heads up ShelbyDude.

HSURB

You're welcome!

I just checked for local incentives here.

It appears Ford is giving regular rebates or special financing now on the 07 SGT

$2,500 rebate

OR

0% up to 48 months, 0.90% for 60 months and 2.9% for 72 months.

Plus the $500 college grad or $500 military active duty.

Looks like this started on 1/9/08

Good detective work Shelby Dude! That's why I've never been too keen on buying a car on Ebay. Some sellers are less than honest when it comes to listing all the details!

:shift:

It is probably an over sight when they listed it. It could have been info crossed from a another listing they did in the past or possibly a glitch with the vin explosion software or something to that nature.

Usually when you list vehicles on ebay the system asks if you if you want to choose from a like vehicle you listed in the past. Then if you are not careful it could list a lot of the same info from a previous vehicle that was listed.

You have to be really careful when listing vehicles on ebay. It is very easy to get the wrong info listed. It's really a PITA and very time consuming just to list a vehicle there. They just need to do a better job of making sure everything is properly listed to avoid mistakes. If someone buys it because they think it has certain equipment when it doesn't, not only will the sale end up not going through, but the dealer will have lost money on the listing fee along with being stuck for the final value fee on a vehicle that didn't end up selling. That just ends up adding more cost to the vehicle.

Archived