TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interior Upgrade.??

I heard the stitching is red in all interior upgrades

Is this true? If so it would look weird with the white and vista blue stripes no?

shelbyfan1, Both the upgrade interior (in charcoal) and standard, have red stitching on steering wheel and shift boot. I am ordering all black vert and would have ordered the standard interior if it did not have red stitching. Andrew double checked this for me (he is svt dearborn). I am going to wait a bit longer to order, maybe someone will get some pictures of both interiors I think there will be five or so at the upcoming show in Tulsa.

I heard the stitching is red in all interior upgrades

Is this true? If so it would look weird with the white and vista blue stripes no?

I read elsewhere on this site that if you order the straight charcoal interior, the red stitching will only be on the steering wheel (and perhaps also on the shift boot, as above) and not on the seats.

The preproduction models without the red inserts, only had red stitching on the steering wheel. I don't know about the shifter/boot - I can't remember...bad case of CRS.

The seats did NOT have red stitching.

I think the seats also have the red stitching. This is the pic from the Ford SVT site. Hard to tell.

post-17-1149428873_thumb.jpg

post-17-1149428873_thumb.jpg

The preproduction models without the red inserts, only had red stitching on the steering wheel. I don't know about the shifter/boot - I can't remember...bad case of CRS.

The seats did NOT have red stitching.

You are SOOOOO correct sir! Went to a Shelby show @ Ford Headquarters today. Red stitching on the wheel and the shifter boot, Not the seats. No red inserts. The upper faux leather brow does not have red stitching at all. In any form/option.

shelbyfan1, Both the upgrade interior (in charcoal) and standard, have red stitching on steering wheel and shift boot. I am ordering all black vert and would have ordered the standard interior if it did not have red stitching. Andrew double checked this for me (he is svt dearborn). I am going to wait a bit longer to order, maybe someone will get some pictures of both interiors I think there will be five or so at the upcoming show in Tulsa.

I'll get pictures at the Tulsa show and post them. I hope you're right about 5 or 6 being there. All I knew for sure is that there would be a convertible there. That would be awesome to see that many! :happy feet:

I'll get pictures at the Tulsa show and post them. I hope you're right about 5 or 6 being there. All I knew for sure is that there would be a convertible there. That would be awesome to see that many! :happy feet:

Please give us some more information on the Tulsa show. When, where etc. It is in my territory and I might just have to go visit that week.

It's at the Marriott Southern Hills with three days of track racing at Hallett Raceway and one day at the drag strip. Here's a link where you can get more information including hotel information and driving directions. I think there is a discounted hotel rate if you mention your coming for the show. I know a new GT500 convertible will be there, but someone hinted that there might be many more. Haven't heard for sure, but sometimes Carroll Shelby comes to it.

http://www.midamericafordmeet.com/

Archived