TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers on the rise???

iceman

This is just a rumor but I heard on the radio while driving to Chicago today from Indy that Ford said they were now Making 10K of these cars. I don't know if it was DJ rounding up or what but the rest of the info fit about the car. 0-60 in 4.5, 500HP, fastes and most powerful stock production Mustang etc.

Anyone heard anythng like this??? It would be nice and I believe if the demand is there they will build it. While I'm sure those that pay the 10-20K above MSRP don't want to see this I have to believe Ford needs to sell the cars and if they fly off the lots more will come....could be wrong, but I would bet they up production until they find the limit.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope Ford has seen how some loyal Ford folks have been treated for just asking about a price on this car and say hey lets make enough to fill the gaps. Alot of us are on the sidelines with money in our hands seems to me Ford could use all the money they can make. But its a supply and demand thing who knows how it will shake out. :shrug:

I though this was a misquote in a couple of magazine articles but this keeps popping up. I wonder it they might just add another year? That keeps the pressure off of suppliers and if they announce an increase due demand they can call it a win-win.

I'm in Virginia and I also heard the same exact thing on the radio about 10,000. I disagree however, I don't think an extra 1000 units will make that big a difference across the country as far as supply and demand goes. If they raise the production I will be upset, I think I'm the only person on this site that paid over msrp and the reason I did was because it was supposed to be a limited production car "rare" the more they make the less the car will be in the future. Doesn't anyone else feel the same? Can ford leagally do that, it was supposed to be between 7,000 & 8,000 units then 9,000 and now 10,000 what the :censored:

I'm in Virginia and I also heard the same exact thing on the radio about 10,000. I disagree however, I don't think an extra 1000 units will make that big a difference across the country as far as supply and demand goes. If they raise the production I will be upset, I think I'm the only person on this site that paid over msrp and the reason I did was because it was supposed to be a limited production car "rare" the more they make the less the car will be in the future. Doesn't anyone else feel the same? Can ford leagally do that, it was supposed to be between 7,000 & 8,000 units then 9,000 and now 10,000 what the :censored:

I feel the same way, ten over sticker will give me lot's of mods. I don't want to hear about an extra model year, or more production numbers. But if this is true we all need to know this news as we can make the right choice of when to purchase, now or later. :shrug:

If they took the Shelby branding off of the car after the second year and simply called it an SVT would that change your thinking? And of course they can and have increased production> the last gen Mach 1 for example.

For those paying above MSRP I feel your pain on this topic. I am looking at this as a toy/hobby and would prefer to see the numbers and availability up. I really which I could just call Ford and order one and be done with it but since it isn't an option the higher production numbers are great for me but the key is for them to produce what i want. That's where the over MSRP thing kills me is no dealers here will even take an order - they just want to get what they get and sell them for the most $ they can....probably a gamble that willpay off for them but they are throwing away my offer to pay them now for what I want.

What if the demand dropps for this car due to Dodge, GM, what ever? Then Ford and the dealers miss the boat. I suspect it won't but I am sticking to my guns and waiting to see what happens MSRP for me (maybe 5K over if i get to order exactly what I want).

3 years of this would most likely bring us back to MSRP or below before the run is over. I suspect that by then of this summer the cost is back to MSRP at most because we all know that cars are not to invest in they are to play with RIGHT???

Just leave it up to Ford to lose money for everyone! I feared the big corporate beast would raise production numbers just as they did on the 05 version. People paid though the nose to get one of those, many of which paid MSRP plus 5K, then Ford raised production and the GT stangs fell in value like snow from the sky in a New York winter. Now people have signed exclusive obligatory contracts at over sticker price for the Shelby and Ford is building in a 10 percent depreciated value by increasing production figures from 9K to 10K units. Ford makes money, dealers make money, employees make money, and the faithful customer becomes a big loser.

HOW DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am considering giving up my non refundable deposit b/c a $2K loss will be less than the depreciation on this big boy toy. Heck, I can rent one for the weekend from an exotic car rental dealer and get the thrill of the power. I don't need the significant financial loss to go along with the high maintenance (Z rated tires good for bout 25K miles, synthetic oil changes---fifty bucks, premium gas--3 bucks a gallon, insurance through the roof!) cost and then Ford makes more of them.

BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just leave it up to Ford to lose money for everyone! I feared the big corporate beast would raise production numbers just as they did on the 05 version. People paid though the nose to get one of those, many of which paid MSRP plus 5K, then Ford raised production and the GT stangs fell in value like snow from the sky in a New York winter. Now people have signed exclusive obligatory contracts at over sticker price for the Shelby and Ford is building in a 10 percent depreciated value by increasing production figures from 9K to 10K units. Ford makes money, dealers make money, employees make money, and the faithful customer becomes a big loser.

HOW DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am considering giving up my non refundable deposit b/c a $2K loss will be less than the depreciation on this big boy toy. Heck, I can rent one for the weekend from an exotic car rental dealer and get the thrill of the power. I don't need the significant financial loss to go along with the high maintenance (Z rated tires good for bout 25K miles, synthetic oil changes---fifty bucks, premium gas--3 bucks a gallon, insurance through the roof!) cost and then Ford makes more of them.

BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just to be sure of your position, your angry with Ford because you BET on an assets value. Keeping in mind that Ford made not one penny on whatever you bet over invoice to the dealer(s), you now want them to turn away money they could make on a desirable product, and to not have that profit to plow into further product development to earn the company a better standing with shareholders. Looks like you may have made a bad investment decision. And you blame the company that made available the product that you(and obviously many, many others) value so highly. Hmmmmm.

So just to be sure of your position, your angry with Ford because you BET on an assets value. Keeping in mind that Ford made not one penny on whatever you bet over invoice to the dealer(s), you now want them to turn away money they could make on a desirable product, and to not have that profit to plow into further product development to earn the company a better standing with shareholders. Looks like you may have made a bad investment decision. And you blame the company that made available the product that you(and obviously many, many others) value so highly. Hmmmmm.

When a product is classified, revered, and publicised as "limited production" and those production figures are released by the manufacturer, any adjustment to that talley after purchases have been made is fraud, in my opinion. Have you ever bought something that is one of five hundred? Let me put it this way---I wouldn't pay 5 or 10k over MSRP for a Taurus. Why? Because they build a couple hundred thousand of them and they depreciate like no other Ford product I know. When Ford says 7K-8K units and increases the number by thirty percent, limited production has a whole new meaning. I guess its limited because their building less than the full plant capacity on a year round basis! I'm upset because I paid a down payment towards the purchase of a car that is now being produced like girl scout cookies.....and I have no control over that number rising from here. I think they did a disservice to their shareholders b/c customers will not flock to so called limited production runs of special vehicles when Ford does this EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said

Before you decide to rent a new Shelby, you better check the rates. I recently checked on the new Hertz version and a three day rental was $678. as compared to around $165.00 for a Taurus or similar car. On top of that, you only get 75 miles per day with a $.39 per mile charge. The Taurus is unlimited mileage.

I would rather take the beating on the purchase and be able to drive it at anytime. Besides, the Hertz car is only 325 horses. I think they are really proud of those. What happened to the $17.00 per day plus $.17 per mile?

Patiently wainting for my Torch Red Shelby.

When a product is classified, revered, and publicised as "limited production" and those production figures are released by the manufacturer, any adjustment to that talley after purchases have been made is fraud, in my opinion. Have you ever bought something that is one of five hundred? Let me put it this way---I wouldn't pay 5 or 10k over MSRP for a Taurus. Why? Because they build a couple hundred thousand of them and they depreciate like no other Ford product I know. When Ford says 7K-8K units and increases the number by thirty percent, limited production has a whole new meaning. I guess its limited because their building less than the full plant capacity on a year round basis! I'm upset because I paid a down payment towards the purchase of a car that is now being produced like girl scout cookies.....and I have no control over that number rising from here. I think they did a disservice to their shareholders b/c customers will not flock to so called limited production runs of special vehicles when Ford does this EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said

Valid point, Well said. That is a perspective many of us set as a high priority in justifying the big purchase.

678.00 for a GT mustang dressed up in drag looking like a shelby. I'll pass.

who cares about the stock holders they are not the ones buying this car when ford and every dealer says they will build between 7,000 & 8,000 units which they all knew would effect the out the door price, and up the units thats a LIE..... The people that researched this car early and were told that not all dealers would get one and if they were lucky they would get 2 made them think in order to get this car they would have to get the car now and at the asking price they wouldn't be getting one than that is misleading and fraudulant. Please don't act like the manufaturer had no clue the dealers would charge over invoice for a car that they would only be getting 1 of. It's total bull :censored: by ford and the dealers.. I like to call it propoganda!!!! Sorry got a little out of control but a very sensitve issue with me. My name is Dan and I have PSDS. :sos:

nuff said

Maybe we should draw up letter & have everyone sign it or even send a forum letter to Ford .

Hopefully someone from Ford reads some of the posts on this forum.

Shelby 001

Personally, I happy to hear the production numbers of the Shelby GT500 are up again; even if it's just a rumor about the next 1000 cars. This is coming from #1 on the list at Hastings Ford, my local dealer in Greenville, NC, and paying M.S.R.P. They have a list of eleven more qualified buyers and Hastings Ford, a non SVT dealer, was promised one 2007 Shelby GT500, maybe two and with a lot of luck, possibly three.

It was a month ago I was thinking I was going to be the one on the list whom wouldn't get a Shelby GT500. Hastings Ford never told anyone how many people were on the list and what position they were in until I received the phone call I was #1.

I would like to see more Shelbys sold at my local dealer. I haven't forgotten what it's like to wait with uncertainty.

JB

I actually like the number increase. I could pay the mark up now but have a thing about getting :censored: . If they don't increase the numbers Ford doesn't make the money and from a corporate perspective that's what it is all about. Even if they jumped the numbers up to 12,000+ a year they still wouldn't meet demand. I want the car because I couldn't get one in the 60's, now that I'm a little (lot) older and wiser I'll wait for the speculators to buy up the first ones and get mine at cost in 2008 or later. I want it to drive, not make money off. Take away the add ons and it's still only a mustang. Maybe $45K but not $65.

Funny I seem to recall many statements by the principals at Ford that they would make as many as needed. "There will be one for everyone that wants one" Ring a bell? The only hang up was supplier parts and they may have addressed that issue. I thnk it comes down to the fact that some people wanted an investment and a lot more want a kickA__ car to drive. I gotta believe that the good people building and engineering them would prefer the later.

Funny I seem to recall many statements by the principals at Ford that they would make as many as needed. "There will be one for everyone that wants one" Ring a bell? The only hang up was supplier parts and they may have addressed that issue. I thnk it comes down to the fact that some people wanted an investment and a lot more want a kickA__ car to drive. I gotta believe that the good people building and engineering them would prefer the later.

+1

"A car makes the name, the name doesn't make a car. Doesn't matter what you call it if the car is exceptional"< Carroll Shelby

The above statement sums everything up for me personally. How many they make isn't part of my pricing equation. I see the 07 car as a tribute to Mr. Shelby for what he did for the ford mustang when it was just getting started. I'd like to have one but as a person who wants a kicka_ mustang more than having Shelby on the trunk of it.

I think they did a disservice to their shareholders b/c customers will not flock to so called limited production runs of special vehicles when Ford does this EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said

There is a reason history is taught in our school systems. Can anyone tell me why?

1.I learned not to fight my battles while in a canyon

2. I learned that a Treaty can be broken.

3. I learned that a ship is not unsinkable.

4 I learned that Ford builds more cars than projected.

History helps us not make the same mistakes.

Bullits, Mach1s, Cobras, Shelbys.

If you gotta be the first on the block , you have to pay the premium. Its just the way it is.

If you want something that few others have , then it most likely wont be a production car.

Ford will build as many as the market demands. Yes the car will be limited and special. But you can count on them trying to increase the bottom line.

Ford built over a million Mustangs in the first year and half of production.

I want a Shelby-Mustang too. But I wont be the first on the block.

There is a reason history is taught in our school systems. Can anyone tell me why?

1.I learned not to fight my battles while in a canyon

2. I learned that a Treaty can be broken.

3. I learned that a ship is not unsinkable.

4 I learned that Ford builds more cars than projected.

History helps us not make the same mistakes.

Bullits, Mach1s, Cobras, Shelbys.

If you gotta be the first on the block , you have to pay the premium. Its just the way it is.

If you want something that few others have , then it most likely wont be a production car.

Ford will build as many as the market demands. Yes the car will be limited and special. But you can count on them trying to increase the bottom line.

Ford built over a million Mustangs in the first year and half of production.

I want a Shelby-Mustang too. But I wont be the first on the block.

At the rate of rise in Ford's production figures, you'll be the only one on the block without one!

At the rate of rise in Ford's production figures, you'll be the only one on the block without one!

Now this is what makes America great, choice.

Ford made the choice to build the car, the dealers made the choice to charge outrageous ADM, you made the choice to pay the markup and Ford made the choice to build more.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting anyone for paying over sticker for the car. If you have the means and the desire, be my guest, but please don't bitch because with the proposed increase from Ford that you now feel like you lost the keys to "executive washroom". You still the ability to drive the car long before somebody like me gets to sniff the interior.

As far as I know or have heard, 9000 is the last officially announced target for yearly (2 year run) production number. Right?

Over a million in 1.5 years? Wow, thats alot of Stangs being made on a daily basis. Would be nearly 2000 per day by my basic calulations. How did they do this? Did they have multiple plants cranking them out at the same time?

If they could only replicate that feat again, then we'd all have our Shelby's by the beginning of July. Now that would be sweet.

Over a million in 1.5 years? Wow, thats alot of Stangs being made on a daily basis. Would be nearly 2000 per day by my basic calulations. How did they do this? Did they have multiple plants cranking them out at the same time?

Yeah, 3 plants for most of the run.

Started in Dearborn, MI in the beginning (March 1964) - ("64.5" model year)

San Jose, CA - July 1964

Metuchen, NJ - Feb 1965

Pretty amazing how many of those guys they could pump out!

You missed the point. These are the statements you should have said:

Production is rising! Production is rising!

Depreciating value! Depreciating value!

No, I got your point. I just felt differently than you.

Again - this wasn't sold to the public by Ford as "the collectable, ultra-rare 2007 Shelby GT500, guaranteed to beat the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and top 10 mutual fund averages - a MUST HAVE for anyone who wants to make $$ by buying a car." (although I'm sure quite a few dealers pitched it this way to many customers)

If YOU assumed that, that's fine with me. I will buy this car because of what it is, not what it could be worth in the future.

Ford is in the business to make as many cars as the market will bear. They need sales, and the resulting revenue/profits. Ford has no reason NOT to raise production if they can. They'll let others worry about your "depreciating value".

I am happy to see some other word leaking out about the production increase!

I think everyone needs to remember that "limited production" is a subjective term. 10-12,000 is "limited" compared to 250,000!

Everyone also needs to remember that Ford stated they would make as many as they could sell BEFORE the dealer ADM's got out of control.

I hope everyone who really wants a GT500 can get one at MSRP. Just by waiting. I do feel sorry for anyone who committed in writing to a high ADM!

heck, by the "low production " standard, the bullitt would probably classify then as a "collectable" since only one year of production and (aprox) only 3500 units. But their resale value is about the same as any other GT of the same period. How can that be?

Archived