TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is the thinking re a KR?

So as the first customers see the approach of D-day, I was wondering if there was still an appetite for an even more serious(and expensive) car. Personally, if they? were to offer the car with about 300lbs out of it( AL block,etc.) I would be inclined to look very hard at that and convert my interest. I would still prefer a FoMoCo. product as opposed to Shelby American just because I think it would be the same car for more money. What do you think? What would make for a saleable car? Remember that we are(almost) all in agreement that the S-197 platform is not the same sort of car as a Z06 so putting it into that price league would produce disapointed customers and press.

So as the first customers see the approach of D-day, I was wondering if there was still an appetite for an even more serious(and expensive) car. Personally, if they? were to offer the car with about 300lbs out of it( AL block,etc.) I would be inclined to look very hard at that and convert my interest. I would still prefer a FoMoCo. product as opposed to Shelby American just because I think it would be the same car for more money. What do you think? What would make for a saleable car? Remember that we are(almost) all in agreement that the S-197 platform is not the same sort of car as a Z06 so putting it into that price league would produce disapointed customers and press.

Good move JETSOLVER!If they made a kr version with less weight I know I would end up on a list somewhere?.Also better if FORD made it to keep the price in line.Also thank's I sent you a P.M. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!! :party:

Of course let's not forget that the replacement for Ford GT will be a serious ass car too. If they build the two-seat Cobra (as many have speculated will be the replacement car for the GT) in 2007/08, it's supposed to come with a nat. asperated 650 H.P. Alum. block V10. Buy the 500 now and wait for the Cobra later. I figure that the M.S.R.P. would probably be around $65,000 to $75,000k for that beast and compared to the GT's M.S.R.P., buying the Cobra would be a good deal.

I also believe that if Ford does offer the King Cobra Mustang, it will be a super low production, factory light weight car that will be only sold to certified race teams like the 95R model and the 2000 was. Rear seat delete, no A/C, no Radio, manual windows, etc., etc.

Of course that just my opinion and speculation on the subject.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course let's not forget that the replacement for Ford GT will be a serious ass car too. If they build the two-seat Cobra (as many have speculated will be the replacement car for the GT) in 2007/08, it's supposed to come with a nat. asperated 650 H.P. Alum. block V10. Buy the 500 now and wait for the Cobra later. I figure that the M.S.R.P. would probably be around $65,000 to $75,000k for that beast and compared to the GT's M.S.R.P., buying the Cobra would be a good deal.

I also believe that if Ford does offer the King Cobra Mustang, it will be a super low production, factory light weight car that will be only sold to certified race teams like the 95R model and the 2000 was. Rear seat delete, no A/C, no Radio, manual windows, etc., etc.

Of course that just my opinion and speculation on the subject.

Thats dead.

Archived