TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Service Card

TexasShelby

I had made this little index card up sometime back and I know a couple of members were wanting one, so I took my VIN off and put a write in area.

THE STORY

The last oil change a dealership took my car, I could hear them in the back lot :banghead: ...they changed the oil, smearing oil all over the polished rad cover and engine bay, then I had about a 3 day leak dripping from the frame. (you'd have to see pics of my garage to see why that pissed me off the way it did. So, that's why I came up with it.)

So the next time I went in, I had one service rep just laugh and tell me we wasn't going to sign anything. I smiled walked off leaving the car in the middle of entrance (without the keys), walked into the dealership and started asking for the GM, when someone pointed the door out, I walked in and handed it to him and asked him to sign it, and that his man out there thought it was funny. And I assured him, I'm not laughing, not a bit.

He looked at me and said he didn't think he could either, then I took it back and smiled and said thank you, I'll be doing service with someone else and that he'll be hearing from a Ford REP with in the week. He stopped me and asked what the big deal was, I just told him, if he didn't know how special a GT500 is and how many times I've had or heard of nightmares of people just leaving their car with a dealer and them trashing it...I told him I even had a race with 2 salesmen in a new 04 Cobra in my McLaren one day some time back (yeah, they beat me). So no, I'm not going to leave it here for it to be torn up. And if he can't assure me it won't be, then to me, he's not a Ford dealership.

He smiled came over and offered his hand and said he'd be glad to and he'd make sure his guys would understand they WILL NOT have a problem either.

He then took me out to the floor and introduced me to the service mgr and told them to fix whatever it was I needed, that he put his name on this one, and it better not come back in any shape other than perfect.

When I got the car back, I could tell they had washed it (it was already spotless) but it was the extra effort. They didn't want to charge me a thing, but I made the MGR write me a ticket. It wasn't about trying to get something for nothing or be a jerk, it was about protecting my car.

I know a lot of owners on here are dealers, I mean absolutely no disrespect to them. It's just the jerks that won't take a little extra time to take care of someone's car, or trash it out.

EDIT: I repaired the link and reuploaded the file since the new site changes, it should work. It stopped working around 80 downloads or so.

Shelby_Service_Card.pdf

Shelby_Service_Card.pdf

Cool idea. I might also include something like "I agree that the mileage of the vehicle at the time of drop-off was XXX." That way it's easier to prove they drove it around.

You could also include "I agree that there is $3.47 in the ashtray." It seems every time I take my cars to the shop, they take the change from the ashtray.

Nice card.

I would use it for all Ford dealers in my area. That is why my new Ford dealer is not in my area, but worth the time and effort to drive to for service.

I'd suggest you find a new dealer. Your card is good I’m going to copy it if you don't mined and use it if I cannot make it to, or tow my cars to MY dealer.

Any dealer that would do to you what they did does not deserve a second chance.

There are a few dealer out there that are good, I say find them and give them your business, then complain to FMC. If enough people do this they will and do change. FMC does get on them.

I had made this little index card up sometime back and I know a couple of members were wanting one, so I took my VIN off and put a write in area.

THE STORY

The last oil change a dealership took my car, I could hear them in the back lot :banghead: ...they changed the oil, smearing oil all over the polished rad cover and engine bay, then I had about a 3 day leak dripping from the frame. (you'd have to see pics of my garage to see why that pissed me off the way it did. So, that's why I came up with it.)

So the next time I went in, I had one service rep just laugh and tell me we wasn't going to sign anything. I smiled walked off leaving the car in the middle of entrance (without the keys), walked into the dealership and started asking for the GM, when someone pointed the door out, I walked in and handed it to him and asked him to sign it, and that his man out there thought it was funny. And I assured him, I'm not laughing, not a bit.

He looked at me and said he didn't think he could either, then I took it back and smiled and said thank you, I'll be doing service with someone else and that he'll be hearing from a Ford REP with in the week. He stopped me and asked what the big deal was, I just told him, if he didn't know how special a GT500 is and how many times I've had or heard of nightmares of people just leaving their car with a dealer and them trashing it...I told him I even had a race with 2 salesmen in a new 04 Cobra in my McLaren one day some time back (yeah, they beat me). So no, I'm not going to leave it here for it to be torn up. And if he can't assure me it won't be, then to me, he's not a Ford dealership.

He smiled came over and offered his hand and said he'd be glad to and he'd make sure his guys would understand they WILL NOT have a problem either.

He then took me out to the floor and introduced me to the service mgr and told them to fix whatever it was I needed, that he put his name on this one, and it better not come back in any shape other than perfect.

When I got the car back, I could tell they had washed it (it was already spotless) but it was the extra effort. They didn't want to charge me a thing, but I made the MGR write me a ticket. It wasn't about trying to get something for nothing or be a jerk, it was about protecting my car.

I know a lot of owners on here are dealers, I mean absolutely no disrespect to them. It's just the jerks that won't take a little extra time to take care of someone's car, or trash it out.

Sorry, cannot view it...

Yeah that's why I'm glad my buddy takes it to work (at the dealer), services the car personally, then brings it back. It never leaves his care and I trust him 100%.

Joe

I take my car to a local dealer who actually treats my car special. On my first visit, the service advisor told me what they do with the Cobras; that they are kept in a covered area and the key is always with the service advisor when it the car is not being serviced. I make it a point to tell them not to wash my car as I am particular on how it is washed. So far I have had very good service from this dealer with warranty work, which by the way is not the one that sold me my Shelby.

With simple jobs like changing the oil, I do that my self - I have never trusted dealers or any shop with this simple task.

Sorry, cannot view it...

Alex,

if you're having trouble viewing it, go to Adobe and download the new reader, but be careful to UNCHECK the google toolbar download if you don't want it.

The link below will take you directly to a download for Windows XP.

Hope this helps.

Adobe Acrobat Reader v8

You also have a maintenance manual that should be filled out and dealers repair orders also show mileage in and mileage out. Their systems require putting it in. Your card is nice but for value of the car I'd have them fill out the maintenance manual also. Service at a Ford or LM dealership is a good idea as all the records of maintenance are available. If you do it yourself, keep receipts and records.

I tried to open the Service Card but this is all I got!

Fatal error: Call to a member function Error() on a non-object in E:\websites\forums.teamshelby.com\httpdocs\forums\sources\ipsclass.php on line 5649

It sounds like a good thing, just wish I could see it....

I tried to open the Service Card but this is all I got!

Fatal error: Call to a member function Error() on a non-object in E:\websites\forums.teamshelby.com\httpdocs\forums\sources\ipsclass.php on line 5649

It sounds like a good thing, just wish I could see it....

I opened/copied it from the old SU site when it was first posted.

Tried it again... same error as you got.

Lets see if you can read it after I post it.

Let me know.

Dealer_service_card.pdf

Texas, great idea, I'll use it if a warranty come up. But for regular maintenenace I found a small shop ran by the owner. He allowed me to be under the car with him while he changed all the fluids. Nice shop, spotless and the owner is a car enthusiast..........just down the street from Lethal.

Alex,

if you're having trouble viewing it, go to Adobe and download the new reader, but be careful to UNCHECK the google toolbar download if you don't want it.

The link below will take you directly to a download for Windows XP.

Hope this helps.

Adobe Acrobat Reader v8

Thanks alot, now it works, great idea...

Archived