TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check out this kill story

GT500Tow

too bad the guy didnt realize that the car .. being brand new had NO BOOST prob ... and therefore was running naturally asirated. These cars are a dog the first 10 miles until the computer kicks in the boost ...

If this was my car or tims car ... we're talking a whole new ballgame now :happy feet:

Here's the comment that bothers me the most. I always respect other peoples cars and trucks. No matter what they drive. :banghead:

{ Either way, good Kill and way to go on calmin down a cocky shelby owner}

I didn't realize you were considered Cocky if you drive a Shelby. :hysterical:

"JLP motor, converter, KB, Long Tubes, hi-flo cats, pumps, fuel rails, 60# injectors, KB boost-a-pump... and a bunch of other stuff. It did 569 RWHP and 640 RWTQ on a DynoJet a couple months ago"

No sweat, that truck should win everytime against a stock GT500...Put the money he paid for all those mods into the GT500 and the outcome would be much different. Interesting his torque is so much higher than his horsepower, with his HP I would expect it to be around 590-600 ft lbs of torque.

Cocky??? WE SHOULD BE A LITTLE COCKY...We're driving the finest grand touring American muscle car made today. :superhero: Even the guy that posted the "Kill" message was "drewling over the [GT500] car." :hysterical:

"JLP motor, converter, KB, Long Tubes, hi-flo cats, pumps, fuel rails, 60# injectors, KB boost-a-pump... and a bunch of other stuff. It did 569 RWHP and 640 RWTQ on a DynoJet a couple months ago"

No sweat, that truck should win everytime against a stock GT500...Put the money he paid for all those mods into the GT500 and the outcome would be much different. Interesting his torque is so much higher than his horsepower, with his HP I would expect it to be around 590-600 ft lbs of torque.

Cocky??? WE SHOULD BE A LITTLE COCKY...We're driving the finest grand touring American muscle car made today. :superhero: Even the guy that posted the "Kill" message was "drewling over the [GT500] car." :hysterical:

+1

CC

I barely out puled a SVT Cobra a couple months ago on HWY 27 in Haines City. I am not sure what year it was 2000-04 ? but will say it sounded great and gave me a heck of a run. We had no traffic and 2 lanes but after I pulled 3 car lenghts and held it a bit we both backed off. No need on doing 90 plus comming into a populated area. You have to be very careful.

Notice that they also say that they haven't seen a GT500 out in the streets........that's one of the things I enjoy the most about our cars......there aren't many out there.........I spent the day in Sarasota today.....saw BMW M6, M5, Ferrari F430, MB S63, several Porches, but NOT a single GT500!....... and just to know that for half the $ we can stay up with any of these cars!

Here's the comment that bothers me the most. I always respect other peoples cars and trucks. No matter what they drive. :banghead:

{ Either way, good Kill and way to go on calmin down a cocky shelby owner}

I didn't realize you were considered Cocky if you drive a Shelby. :hysterical:

good one tim ... i hear ya ... hey i need to pick your brain .... im considering getting a lighting for my tow vehicle and want to get your input

good one tim ... i hear ya ... hey i need to pick your brain .... im considering getting a lighting for my tow vehicle and want to get your input

Sorry Don i just seen your post. Lightnings are excellent tow veh's. They have F-350 trans, 9 3/4 rear axle, heavy suspension system, big brakes. and allot of HP and torque. The only problem is its a short wheel base. So you need trailer brakes. I'd look for an 01 to 04 model. I'll be coming by your dealership soon. So we can talk then or you can give me a call if you want.

Archived