TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why wasn't the commander thought about in these plans? He IS the origin of the OBX gathering. If you don't remember the original 4... :waiting:

If I am not mistaken Masters, Orf had originally told Ruf he wasn't exactly sure when he was coming down this Fall and that he wouldn't be bringing his Mustang down to the banks this October, he was going to have to drive down in his truck, to take care of some business for the house.

It certainly was not a slam.

We love Orf and if not for him, we may have never met so many of all of you.

That's what I know of the situation.

So what are you really trying to say, ...

We're not good enough? :)

If I am not mistaken Masters, Orf had originally told Ruf he wasn't exactly sure when he was coming down this Fall and that he wouldn't be bringing his Mustang down to the banks this October, he was going to have to drive down in his truck, to take care of some business for the house.

It certainly was not a slam.

We love Orf and if not for him, we may have never met so many of all of you.

That's what I know of the situation.

So what are you really trying to say, ...

We're not good enough? :)

Thats not a well thought out post C. What could possibly be considered a "slam" in my post? What "I am really trying to say" is just what I said. What difference does it make if he brings his car or not. He can drive mine any day. I think it would have been nice to consider him in the plans. He has never had a set date for shutting down his beach house. We have always worked around it.

I understand, George. Sorry, bro. We'll look forward to seeing your Pro-Street Mustang in April!! :happy feet:

You and Dan enjoy Dearborn! :shift:

Thanks, Bryan ... think some good thoughts for us for good weather so we can take the Blurrrrr-stang :)

:happy feet: :shift: :bandance: :shift: :happy feet:

Thats not a well thought out post C. What could possibly be considered a "slam" in my post? What "I am really trying to say" is just what I said. What difference does it make if he brings his car or not. He can drive mine any day. I think it would have been nice to consider him in the plans. He has never had a set date for shutting down his beach house. We have always worked around it.

Grabber for VP

:superhero:

Poor form, MM. You're uninformed. Greg and I discussed this more than a month ago. I'm disappointed you think I wouldn't have talked to him before posting this weekend's gathering's itinterary. Perhaps you need to become informed before speaking out? And perhaps an apology to Christine is in order?

Poor form, MM. You're uninformed. Greg and I discussed this more than a month ago. I'm disappointed you think I wouldn't have talked to him before posting this weekend's gathering's itinterary. Perhaps you need to become informed before speaking out? And perhaps an apology to Christine is in order?

Read Mr Professor and you will see no disrespect. WTF are you talking about an apology for? I am trying to "become informed". What's your beef?

What the hell happened to this thread? In one day it goes from all fun and games to outright hostility? Look, I know I'm not part of the "original 4" and my first time coming out to one of these cruises was last April. I had a great time and enjoyed getting to meet as many people as I did. I would like to get a chance to do that again this October. That being said, I think the only two that can clear all of this confusion up is RUF and ORF. I am assuming that the two have them have been in contact over the past few months about this get together. I do know that RUF and I started talking about specifics when we went down to Myrtle for Mustang Week at the beginning of July. I have quoted multiple posts from over the last 7 pages of this thread and you can clearly see where this has been talked about in the open for a couple of months now. Only a couple of us were actually talking about it and making suggestions. Now it's the 9th inning and we got people chiming in? I understand that everyone on here has a busy schedule, but at some point you have to draw a line in the sand and set a date. I know of at least one person who is flying out for this and the longer you wait on tickets the more expensive it gets. I personally am taking leave just to ensure I got the weekend off so I can attend this, especially since I won't be able to attend next April as I will be on deployment. If the date needs to change, then we need to do it ASAP so the people who need to make special arrangmentens (like flights, leave, work, etc) can make the appropriate plans. I really hope that as many can make it and it would be a shame if this great event gets marred because someone felt they were slighted.

Okay - what's up for October?

Ocracoke? :happy feet:

Christine has an idea for our October gathering.

She thinks it might be more relaxing for us to find a hotel with a few more amenitites (like a lounge with music). Then, instead of planning a long day on Sat to some attraction, just play it loose and easy. Friday night - a cruise out for dinner - then back to the hotel for music and conversation. Sat - a buffet breakfast - then a cruise out for a late lunch. Then back to the hotel to regroup. For dinner - cruise to a good place - then back for some music - or beachfront chats. In other words, cut back on the driving up and down Route 12 and spend more time together and eating!! :happy feet:

Details will be forthcoming on our October Gathering! :happy feet:

Good idea. I thought about that. But even a 7 bed house can only handle 7 cars. We might have 20. And - with a house, you either have to cook or eat all your meals out.

Matt and I are going to sit down here on Wed and hammer out the itinerary. We're both thinking less driving this time and more time to socialize. And more opportunities for wives to do a little shopping/browsing.

I'm still researching resorts/hotels. But we'll have dates and activities posted this week.

I'm thinking about contacting a professional photographer I know on the OBX and asking what he'd charge to shoot our cars individually. He's very good. We could proably get a good rate with so many cars. He would just have to choose the location. I know I'd like a few great shots of my car!

Thoughts, everyone? :happy feet:

Okay. CH53Driver and I came up with an itinerary for our Oct. gathering on the OBX.

Let me know as soon as you can if you will be attending - and for how many nights. I'll try to get a discount on our rooms as Orf has done in the past. Christine and I will be arriving at the hotel on Friday, the 10th around noon and plan on staying until Sunday - or perhaps Monday (got that day off).

Link to hotel:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/ho...ctyhocn=ORFKHGI

Link to Basnight's:

http://www.lonecedarcafe.com/

Manteo -

http://www.townofmanteo.com/index.asp?Type...3-AAA878CE9FDA}

I have yet to hear back from the photographer. When I do, we'll adjust the itinerary accordingly. Let me know if you have any interest in having your car photographed.

I'll keep updating this post as people let me know they're coming!

It's only about 2 months away! Woo Hoo!

Oct 10,11,12 Friday-Sunday.

Friday - Meet and Greet at the Hotel (Hilton - Kitty Hawk) - then cruise down to Basnight's 5:30. After dinner, cruise back to the hotel and socialize.

Sat - 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. breakfast at the hotel.

9:30 - cruise down to Manteo and shop/walk around the waterfront shops.

12:00 - cruise back over the causeway and lunch at Sam & Omie's.

1:00 - cruise back to the hotel - take a short break.

1:30 - burnout contest in the hotel parking lot.

2:00 cruise to the go kart track and have at it!

4:00 - back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner.

6:00 - Dinner at the Black Pelican

8:00 - until - laughs and smiles at the hotel.

Sun - Sunrise Sacrifice of the Aveo on the beach - appropriate attire, please.

8-10:00 am - farewell breakast

Attending:

Rufdraft and Ruffles - arriving on Fri,, the 10th

CH53Driver - arriving on Friday

BlackBeauty - arriving on Friday

:lurk:

The hotel we've been staying at in Kitty Hawk (The Hilton) is booked up for our planned weekend with some weddings.

The Clarion in Kitty Hawk has 8 rooms available that weekend. (never stayed there)

I'm waiting for a call-back from the Hilton to see if they have room for us on the following weekend. (Oct. 17-18th)

Does anyone have a preference of hotels/weekend dates?

Markum - I've known about this for some time. Can't wait to see you on The Banks! :finger:

Okay! We're set!

:happy feet:

Holiday Inn Express in Kitty Hawk has rooms available on the 10th and 11th!

Call soon to reserve your room!

I just booked.

By the way - the itinerary I've posted in open for discussion. Matt and I just wanted to get a starting point. If anyone has other ideas, feel free. Orf - do you plan on being there on this weekend? Hope so! :happy feet:

I won't be down there until the following weekend.

Why wasn't the commander thought about in these plans? He IS the origin of the OBX gathering. If you don't remember the original 4... :waiting:

+1 Any chance the weekend can be changed?

I will throw my hat into the ring. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. I will come out on Sat. with my son Chris. We had a blast last time

Hey Matt, how are those LCAs working for you?

Ken,

Good seeing you on here and it was a blast last night at the CP's meeting. Look forward to all of you coming out this October for the get together. Oh yeah, as you know, the LCA's are working great!

I haven't seen any hostility here. Perhaps some misinformation.

Let's wait and see what Orf has to say.

I don't care what weekend it is. Matt and I were only trying to get the ball moving so people could make plans. Anyone has been able to comment on dates for some time now.

Let me know what y'all would like to do.

Personally I say we go with the established plan. It is a bummer that Orf can't be there, but many others have made plans that would be a major pain to change at the 11th hour, myself included.

Remember this is all about getting together and having a good time

Matt - Shoot me a PM and we can talk about our respective deployments, maybe we can figure a way to get together while over there

Well, if mother nature permits, i'll be there to finally meet and greet on Fri only. Won't stay the night. Got to be in Petersburg on Sat for NHRA races. :happy feet: My old friend works for Kenny Bernstein (as i mentioned to Ruf earlier) and he got me all weekend passes. I'll be at the start gate chomping at the bit. :drool:

Well, if mother nature permits, i'll be there to finally meet and greet on Fri only. Won't stay the night. Got to be in Petersburg on Sat for NHRA races. :happy feet: My old friend works for Kenny Bernstein (as i mentioned to Ruf earlier) and he got me all weekend passes. I'll be at the start gate chomping at the bit. :drool:

Excellent! Hopefully, you can join us for dinner on Friday. If you haven't been to Basnights - you're in for some great seafood! Man - how I'd love to see an NHRA national event. It's been years and years since I have. I remember when Kenny owned a NASCAR team and an IndyCar team. I think the IndyCar team ran Buick engines. (Quaker State sponsored?)

Matt - We're coming up to Elizabeth City on Sept 20th for a Chrome Pony car show at the Harley Davidson store. Can you make it? :happy feet:

What time are you picking Laura up? :happy feet:

I dunno! I believe sometime Thursday evening?

Excellent! Hopefully, you can join us for dinner on Friday. If you haven't been to Basnights - you're in for some great seafood! Man - how I'd love to see an NHRA national event. It's been years and years since I have. I remember when Kenny owned a NASCAR team and an IndyCar team. I think the IndyCar team ran Buick engines. (Quaker State sponsored?)

Matt - We're coming up to Elizabeth City on Sept 20th for a Chrome Pony car show at the Harley Davidson store. Can you make it? :happy feet:

I dunno know about that either! I might be going home that weekend. If I don't, then I will definitely come down to it! :happy feet:

Keith,

You'll have a great time Friday night and the food is really good at Basnights.

Yea, i think i can do dinner as well. It's a short ride for me. Taking a friend that has a 40' camper...boy are we gonna party :happy feet: I'll take plenty of photo's.

Matt..i'm sure it'll be great. I love fresh catch. Aren't you making it?

Archived