TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

Last April was the inaugural event. I guess that makes this the first annual Aprilfest in NC.

Date: April 19 - with a potential casual dinner gathering on the 18th, and possibly a breakfast farewell on the 20th.

Location: Kitty Hawk, NC - even though Nags Head has been referred to in the past, as it is more widely recognized.

Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn - Kitty Hawk

Itinerary: This is a tentative schedule. It can be fine-tuned. The time schedule for Saturday is critical, due to the ferry ride.

Friday, April 18:

6:00 pm: Meet at the hotel.

6:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Cruise to Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe.

7:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Relax with a drink at the bar.

7:30 pm – 9:30 pm?: Dinner.

Saturday, April 19:

8:30 – 9:00: Gather in the hotel Lobby, get everyone into their cars.

9:00 – 11:00: Cruise to the Hatteras Ferry Terminal. It should only take 90 minutes, but we don’t want to miss the 11:00 ferry. The next one leaves at noon.

11:00 – 11:40: Ride the ferry to Ocracoke Island.

11:40 – 12:00: Cruise into Ocracoke.

12:00 – 3:15ish: Lunch at a restaurant to be determined. Followed by exploration of Ocracoke Harbor.

3:30 – 3:50: Return to the ferry launch.

4:00 – 4:40: Boat ride back to Hatteras.

4:40 – 6:00ish: return to hotel.

7:30 – 7:45: Meet in Hotel lobby.

7:45 – 8:15: Drive to Outer Banks Brewing Station – or some other restaurant.

8:30 - ???: Dinner

Sunday April 20:

8:30 – 9:00: Meet in hotel lobby.

9:00 – 9:30: Drive to Sam & Omie’s.

9:30 - ???: Farewell Breakfast.

Confirmed Attendees:

GT500Flyboy

Rufdraft and Ruffles

Darkside and BlackMamba(?)

Markham51 and Mrs. Markham51

NCStangFanatic and Mrs. NCStangFanatic

07AlloyGT and daughter

Mastersmech1 and Mrs. Mastersmech1

Virgil - from the Chrome Ponies

Dig-It and Mrs. Dig-It, possibly little Its, too.

sebecke1 and Mrs. sebecke1

MadManMoon and (maybe) Mrs. MadManMoon

SVTBird91 and Mrs. SVTBird91

Twoshelbys

08SGT1234 and Mrs. 08SGT1234

Whitey and Mrs. Whitey

ShelbyCobra826, Mrs. ShelbyCobra826, and ShelbyCobra826-let

CH-53 Driver

Please chime in if you plan to attend. The sooner, the better, as I would like to have some type of name tags made up this time.

Also, feel free to offer up suggestions/requests for the itinerary.

This was last April:

th_Greg025.jpg

I will update this post as necessary. I will also mention that the first post was updated wherever we are in the evolution of this thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess this means you will not be attending the Hermann event, also being held April 19th????? :rant:

Have a great time up there and take lots of pics.

CB

Last April was the inaugural event. I guess that makes this the first annual Aprilfest in NC.

Date: April 19 - with a potential casual dinner gathering on the 18th, and possibly a breakfast farewell on the 20th.

Location: Kitty Hawk, NC - even though Nags Head has been referred to in the past, as it is more widely recognized.

Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn - Kitty Hawk

Itinerary: TBD

Confirmed Attendees:

GT500Flyboy

Rufdraft and Ruffles

Darkside and BlackMamba(?)

Markham51 and Mrs. Markham51

Snoopy - provided there is not precipitation forecast within 500 miles of anywhere along the eastern seaboard

Please chime in if you plan to attend. The sooner, the better, as I would like to have some type of name tags made up this time.

Also, feel free to offer up suggestions/requests for the itinerary.

This was last April:

th_Greg025.jpg

I will update this post as necessary. I will also mention that the first post was updated wherever we are in the evolution of this thread.

So I guess this means you will not be attending the Hermann event, also being held April 19th????? :rant:

Have a great time up there and take lots of pics.

CB

Kyle,

I wasn't paying attention. Sorry.

Unfortunately, that is the only weekend that works for me for the real reason for my trip to NC. The gathering is a bonus for me.

The gathering in NC can be changed to another date with no problem. That way, those who want to attend both can do so.

Snoop's not trying to keep anyone in suspense. We have two upcoming possible GT500 gatherings that someone else's plans are effecting our plans.

(copied from the Nags Head thread and posted here also)

Most here know that my Mom lives with us. She's known by a few here that have met her or spoke with her on the phone as Granny. She's scheduled to spend a week in a half in Myrtle Beach, SC the same week this event is scheduled. We've always had an understanding that you write your time away on the calendar and it's yours. The other party is home to take care of the other family members, our pets. Actually when the Granny is vacationing, so are we right here in our own home. It's nice to have our home to ourselves again. It's a Granny free vacation. We love her, but the break is good for all of us.

I've explained to Snoop that I'd like him to go and have an excellent adventure with everyone. I'm hoping he'll overnight it and get in some well deserved relaxation with his car. I could drive down (in the Mini Cooper of course) and enjoy dinner with everyone if our son doesn't have a friend over that weekend.

There's the fact that this is still a few months down the road. Plans change.

Snoop's not trying to keep anyone in suspense. We have two upcoming possible GT500 gatherings that someone else's plans are effecting our plans.

Most here know that my Mom lives with us. She's known by a few here that have met her or spoke with her on the phone as Granny. She's scheduled to spend a week in a half in Myrtle Beach, SC the same week this event is scheduled. We've always had an understanding that you write your time away on the calendar and it's yours. The other party is home to take care of the other family members, our pets. Actually when the Granny is vacationing, so are we right here in our own home. It's nice to have our home to ourselves again. It's a Granny free vacation. We love her, but the break is good for all of us.

I've explained to Snoop that I'd like him to go and have an excellent adventure with everyone. I'm hoping he'll overnight it and get in some well deserved relaxation with his car. I could drive down (in the Mini Cooper of course) and enjoy dinner with everyone if our son doesn't have a friend over that weekend.

:boring: ... :hysterical::wub:

Beadfest Pics :happy feet:

Count me in! Drew (MadManMoon) and wife (hopefully)!

We're in Waldorf, MD (south of DC), so it's quite a bit closer than Hermann!

Can't wait! :headspin:

Drew - Great you can make it!

Now, a few caveats:

Have a bail bondsman on standby.

Do not bring any explosive devices. They will be provided.

No thongs are allowed at any time during the games.

Never pass Orf on Route 12. He'd go into a deep depression.

Please refrain from uttering The Wall during the weekend.

No photos allowed in the Hotel Lounge.

Can't wait to meet ya!

Ruf

Archived