TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the OBX several time a year. Usually with the truck, but can drive the Shelby if forced :)

That was my first time in the OBX without 4 wheel drive and I still had fun.

I'm down for June/July. I can load up the truck with people at the Inlet and drop them on the beach for a beach day.

I heard that if you get going fast enough you can get a car on the beach. Who wants to go first??

Jay

How about we plan an OBX meet in July? I'm not sure I can wait untiil Oct. :redcard:

Ruf…….

How about a mountain run, a cruise on the Blue Ridge Parkway? It’s off season there and not as crowed as the beach in the summer. Make it a 4 day weekend, meet-up on the NC/VA border near Fancy Gap on Friday spend the night. Start the cruise Saturday morning; spend the night somewhere between Boone and Ashville. Sunday morning finish the cruise to the NC/TN border in Cherokee. Monday morning everyone heads home. The total trip from Fancy Gap VA to Cherokee NC on the BRP is approximately 270 miles. It could be done in one day, but that would be about a 7 hour drive. Just a thought…..

Blue Ridge Parkway Map

Ruf…….

How about a mountain run, a cruise on the Blue Ridge Parkway? It’s off season there and not as crowed as the beach in the summer. Make it a 4 day weekend, meet-up on the NC/VA border near Fancy Gap on Friday spend the night. Start the cruise Saturday morning; spend the night somewhere between Boone and Ashville. Sunday morning finish the cruise to the NC/TN border in Cherokee. Monday morning everyone heads home. The total trip from Fancy Gap VA to Cherokee NC on the BRP is approximately 270 miles. It could be done in one day, but that would be about a 7 hour drive. Just a thought…..

hmmmmm - sounds interesting. I've done Skyline Drive in Shenandoah before, but never ventured further south to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Might be doable.

Guest markham51

Ruf…….

Mountains...Mustangs...FUNNNNNNN! I've never been there...I would vote for that! It must be very pretty there especially in the Fall. A change of pace would be fun as well. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Mountains...Mustangs...FUNNNNNNN! I've never been there...I would vote for that! It must be very pretty there especially in the Fall. A change of pace would be fun as well. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Mark,

The cruise in the fall would be beautiful, but that is peak season, it would be just like going to the beach in the summer, too much traffic. So a late summer run, maybe early August would work, then back to the OBX in October? Thoughts....

Summer's fine for this, too. Temperature is always 10 degress cooler or more at elevation. Good blower weather. (make your own joke here)

Ruf…….

If we each had Red cars it would only be 6.5 hours. :tease:

...plus stops for tickets. :banghead:

I need to take a wait and see approach for a mountain cruise. Let's see what happens to gas prices the next month or so. I may need to stay a little closer to home.

I hear you Ruf....

Maybe another option could be for all of us to meet up at the SVTOA/Team Shelby event at VIR at the end of May?

Ruf…….

I always wanted to cruise the parkway when I had my Harley Davidson. I was under the impression that the entire parkway is limited to 45 mph? Great scenery and all, but I'm not sure those of us with black cars can go that slow... :burnout:

Regardless, I'm open to most anything "local", so I'll shut up now and lurk for a while.

I found the VIR site. It's $450.00. Ouch! :redcard:

Bryan, I saw someone post that there's a special one-day on-track deal (with in-car instructor) for $60. Also Sharon mentioned there's a $25 price reduction for Team Shelby members (which we're not).

I found the VIR site. It's $450.00. Ouch! :redcard:

Ruf...

$450 is for the three day driving school... I'm talking about everyone just meeting up for the day on Saturday to hang out an enjoy the facilities. If you enter the car show you get some 'parade laps' included. Team Shelby will be there and have cars on display.

Here's a link to the event details: http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25237

Bryan, I saw someone post that there's a special one-day on-track deal (with in-car instructor) for $60. Also Sharon mentioned there's a $25 price reduction for Team Shelby members (which we're not).

I"m a TS member!

I can handle $60!

I didn't see a host hotel. Anyone?

How many want to do this venue?

Sounds like fun. I can turn "parade laps" into "fun laps!" (Like from Howard's Pub to the Ferry!)

Maybe a Fri/Sat/Sun? Leaving Sun late am?

Will Snoop and MM be racing?

MM - list your suspension mods, please.

I'm thinking you're in trouble.

Your thinking I'm in trouble? You horsepower beasts will be outmatched on the road course as you will spend most of your time in the gravel pits... :hysterical3: My SGT came with the FRPP handling pack which is basically what Snoop has. I'll take my chances. Everyone that I have talked to that has experience says that the extra HP will get a beginner in trouble. :superhero: :happy feet:

Your thinking I'm in trouble? You horsepower beasts will be outmatched on the road course as you will spend most of your time in the gravel pits... :hysterical3: My SGT came with the FRPP handling pack which is basically what Snoop has. I'll take my chances. Everyone that I have talked to that has experience says that the extra HP will get a beginner in trouble. :superhero: :happy feet:

:lurk:

:waiting:

You'll have to wait a little longer.

Not all of us have the luxury of a couple of 50 minute work periods per day, spring breaks, and summers off.

Seriously, though, my free time is pretty short these days, and editing a movie isn't a quick thing. If I could get 6 to 8 hours of uninterrupted time to myself, I could probably throw one together.

It would also help to have pictures from everyone, but the last time I suggested it, I only got one reply.

Archived