TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

It's also good to have others not know who you are til they ask. Funny sometimes too.

I had 2 people ask "what intake are you running?" :lol:

:ninja:

Mine.

:doh: I'm one of those. Oops!

I should have at least checked the name tag and noted the initials! Grrr.... :banghead:

Great meeting you, Jay...already working on the wife so I can get the intake and tune! :)

Drew

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

I wanted to thank you guys for an absolutely incredible weekend! Orf, you did a GREAT job of organizing everything, and the name tags are awesome! I met so many great people, and my wife got to see that I'm not the only one obsessed with my car! :happy feet:

I don't post here nearly enough, but I read every day, and I really feel like we're a family here. I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks again, guys! YOU ROCK! :D

Drew

Laura,

My pleasure...it's a shame you don't know how to drive a :hysterical3: stick or else you would have had some time behind the wheel on a GT500. I'm glad you got back safe and sound and look forward to October...do you think you will make it out for the get together? Oh yeah, go get some time on a standard so when you come back out you can get some wheel time! :D

SO MATT, ARE YOU SAYING IF I COME OUT IN OCTOBER AND KNOW HOW TO HANDLE A STICK I WILL GET SOME WHEEL TIME AY - HMMMM TEMPTING OFFER. I KNOW SOME GUYS WITH STICKS I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN GET SOME PLAY TIME. :yup:

RUF,

I think I like the stay in the same area where we stayed at this last time. Maybe we can just drive around that area while we are there next time? I don't mind finding an open stretch of the road or two, but that ferry does eat up a lot of quality driving time! :)

ORF,

Thanks for putting everything together and I look forward to October, I have already written it down on my calendar. It was a great get together and is definitely one of my highlights for the year.

THANKS ORF - YOUR DAUGHTER IS ADORABLE.

Laura, is your smilin' face in one of those OBX group pics?

Greg, if you want one of those group pics annotated with everyone's screen/names -- whatever -- just send me a hi-res version and the info and I'll set it up in photoshop so everyone can easily print their own 8.5 x 11 ...or however you'd like it.

Dan

Laura, is your smilin' face in one of those OBX group pics?

Greg, if you want one of those group pics annotated with everyone's screen/names -- whatever -- just send me a hi-res version and the info and I'll set it up in photoshop so everyone can easily print their own 8.5 x 11 ...or however you'd like it.

Dan

Dan - Christine proudly showed off her pendant to the group. Lots of compliments!

Annette and I had a smooth trip back yesterday and convoyed it accross 64 to 17 with 07Shelby (NC) and the crew before we parted company. Congrats on the little one...another Stanger for sure!

Mark,

It was great seeing you pull up behind us on the way out, and I'm glad that we were able to extend the weekend-long caravanning for a couple of more hours. It was also nice in that it was the first time in three days that I was not following a sequential tail light Shelby, all the while thinking "man I have GOT to order a set of those when I get home...".

And be glad that you weren't actually in our car; Ethan cried off and on for the entire ride home. He's not a "Stanger" quite yet, but if he follows in the footsteps of his 5-year-old brother (Daniel), he'll be one soon. Of course, then I'll have to go and buy a blue '08 SGT so that they'll both have something from Daddy when they graduate college (Daniel has had dibbs on my black one since it was purchased)...

Stan

Guest markham51
Mark,

It was great seeing you pull up behind us on the way out, and I'm glad that we were able to extend the weekend-long caravanning for a couple of more hours. It was also nice in that it was the first time in three days that I was not following a sequential tail light Shelby, all the while thinking "man I have GOT to order a set of those when I get home...".

And be glad that you weren't actually in our car; Ethan cried off and on for the entire ride home. He's not a "Stanger" quite yet, but if he follows in the footsteps of his 5-year-old brother (Daniel), he'll be one soon. Of course, then I'll have to go and buy a blue '08 SGT so that they'll both have something from Daddy when they graduate college (Daniel has had dibbs on my black one since it was purchased)...

Stan

Stan

Yeah, I remember those days. When they are good, they are good, but when they are cranky....look out :rolleyes:

Regards

Mark

Stan

Yeah, I remember those days. When they are good, they are good, but when they are cranky....look out :rolleyes:

Regards

Mark

You mean kids get cranky? With 3 girls under the age of 8, I wouldn't know anything about that.

Yeah, ten years ...or less! We were lucky -- our daughter somehow was never a problem as a teen -- besides the normal insanity <lol> I have a feeling it's what you put in them along the way that matters. If so, I think you'll be lucky too. Sometimes it's a good thing that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

Sometimes it's a good thing that the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

I used to hate that expression when I was a kid. It meant I was doomed to end up like my old man.

I take it as a compliment now when someone who knew him compares me to him.

Let's get this puppy back on topic.... :backtotopic:

So has a date been set for October's get together? It may have been discussed over the weenend, if it was I missed it. I need to bock my schedule for that weekend, I need to have something to look forward too in the fall.

Let's get this puppy back on topic.... :backtotopic:

So has a date been set for October's get together? It may have been discussed over the weenend, if it was I missed it. I need to bock my schedule for that weekend, I need to have something to look forward too in the fall.

Did someone say puppy? :dog:

Archived