TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

3 for Snoop ?

No. One was for me - expired VA inspection. Got it just before the NC border. I shipped my car to SAI like January and got it back 2 weeks ago. I simply forgot and never noticed. I didn't know what I was being pulled over for. Just got my car inspected today. I'm going to send a copy along with the ticket and a check and hope for the best. 90 bucks. $30 fine plus $60 costs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hint; you need to talk to woodshop dave :superhero:

he showed up for a gunfight with a friggin elephant gun, and yes, I am impressed :happy feet:

Hehehe spiteful: ...I was sworn to secrecy, John :)

Dave was planning that for some time -- those financial guys can be sooooo secretive :hysterical: :devil:

;)

Wish I could have been there!! Did Dave get a chance to warm up the skins a bit?

---

Dave, where ya been? ;-)

He's in both of my slideshows.

Ok, ok... found George down in front, left -- just checking ;-)

Yeah I was there Dan but not in any of my own pics though. LOL :doh:

:doh: that's what I must have been doing wrong <lol> ;)

The car ran great it averaged 20.3 mpg on the way back . That included quite a few traffic lights on Rt 13 and a lot of stop and goes on the NJ tpk and in NY too. Not bad for a 765hp car ,I'm very happy with that. It actually got over 25mpg on the hwy @ 65 mph.

That's outstanding! I bet it's getting better milage now than with the 'valet' tune -- it seemed so much smoother afterward -- must be the 'conservative' tune :hysterical: ;-)

I have to razz my friend Tom with the 20.3 and 25. <hehehe> :rolleyes: ;-)

No. One was for me - expired VA inspection. Got it just before the NC border. I shipped my car to SAI like January and got it back 2 weeks ago. I simply forgot and never noticed. I didn't know what I was being pulled over for. Just got my car inspected today. I'm going to send a copy along with the ticket and a check and hope for the best. 90 bucks. $30 fine plus $60 costs.

Do they consider that a moving violation ?

:rockon:

I'll add one thing. Thanks to everyone for showing class on the ferry ride to Ocracoke. You made my baby feel very special. :wub:

Ruf,

You and your wife are great people and you have my 100% respect!

You love each other fully and it shows. You are having the fun when many would shut them selfs in.

Good for you guys.

Enjoy life

Jay

Hehehe spiteful: ...I was sworn to secrecy, John :)

Dave was planning that for some time -- those financial guys can be sooooo secretive :hysterical: :devil:

;)

Wish I could have been there!! Did Dave get a chance to warm up the skins a bit?

---

Dave, where ya been? ;-)

dan, we went on a very spirited ride after the cookout, and it was very very nice :happy feet:

dave also did a nice doughnut in the riverfront parking lot, but tried a burnout and we both forgot to make sure the traction control was off, so it really didn't work. But with his new found powers (like a superhero :superhero: ) I don't think lighting em up is gonna be an issue.

This is Ken from the chrome ponys. I would like to thank you guys for the invite. My son Chris and I had an absolutely wonderful time. The smile never left my face the whole day. I enjoyed meeting everyone of you, and you all made us feel so welcome. You guys are an exceptional group of mustang enthusiasts, and it made for an awesome day. Thanks to those that put this together, you did a wonderful job!!!

Bryan it was good to see you again, and finally meet Christine. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Once again thanks

Ken

This is Ken from the chrome ponys. I would like to thank you guys for the invite. My son Chris and I had an absolutely wonderful time. The smile never left my face the whole day. I enjoyed meeting everyone of you, and you all made us feel so welcome. You guys are an exceptional group of mustang enthusiasts, and it made for an awesome day. Thanks to those that put this together, you did a wonderful job!!!

Bryan it was good to see you again, and finally meet Christine. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Once again thanks

Ken

Hi Ken - A lot of things could have gone wrong on Sat - but sometimes the planets line up and a day is golden. Saturday was one of those days. I agree about our members here. We've assembled not just a group of car people - but some very "good people." And, you're not exaggerating about smiling! Every time I saw you - you were showing the ivories! :happy feet:

C and I will try to make your NAPA show on May 4th. We can share stories from last weekend.

Don't be a stranger on this forum either. Check out the threads in Off Topic and 2005-8 Mustangs (I've got a continuing thread there - Ruf's Garage!) Hang out with us.

Ruf,

You and your wife are great people and you have my 100% respect!

You love each other fully and it shows. You are having the fun when many would shut them selfs in.

Good for you guys.

Enjoy life

Jay

Jay - we also enjoyed meeting you guys, too. I'm glad you had the chance to meet our great group of Mustang people - and not just at a car show - but a day of enjoying our cars and sharing some laughs.

I wish I had a pic of Christine's face when we hit 120 in Ocracoke trying our best to catch Snoop! That one ride alone justified the trip.

We hope you can make our October event. :superhero:

Jay - we also enjoyed meeting you guys, too. I'm glad you had the chance to meet our great group of Mustang people - and not just at a car show - but a day of enjoying our cars and sharing some laughs.

I wish I had a pic of Christine's face when we hit 120 in Ocracoke trying our best to catch Snoop! That one ride alone justified the trip.

We hope you can make our October event. :superhero:

I didn't know black could go 120? :hysterical: Maybe that's why Christine's face had an astonished look on it? :hysterical:

Ken,

Glad you all had a good time. I'm glad I got to meet you all and everyone else from the forum. Definitely was a classy weekend and look forward to having more just like it!

I didn't know black could go 120? :hysterical: Maybe that's why Christine's face had an astonished look on it? :hysterical:

Ken,

Glad you all had a good time. I'm glad I got to meet you all and everyone else from the forum. Definitely was a classy weekend and look forward to having more just like it!

:slapfight:

Sure. You get treated to a Gourmet lunch and this is how you act? :finger:

Yes, you are right. I apologize it was very rude of me to make fun of your car, especially after treating me to those gourmet chili dogs. How can I repay you? I can get your car painted a new color if you would like? Or how about I get you something to hang on your wall, like a quarterpanel or something? :hysterical:

Failed to start properly. Like in that video you hate to see me bring up.

Speaking of videos...

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well, the fellers ribbed me for bein' behind,

So I started to make that Shelby unwind.

Took my foot off the gas and, man alive,

I shoved it down into overdrive.

Well, I wound it up to 210;

Twisted the speedometer cable right off the end.

Had my foot glued right to the floor;

I said, "That's all there is - there ain't no more."

Now the fellas thought I'd lost all sense;

The telephone poles looked like a picket fence.

They said, "Slow down, I see spots."

The lines on the road just looked like dots.

Went around a corner and passed a truck;

I crossed my fingers just for luck -

The fenders clickin' the guard rail post;

The guy beside me was white as a ghost.

:hysterical:

My daddy said, son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin'..... :happy feet:

If ya don't stop driving that

HOT

ROD

SHELBY!!!

:happy feet:

Orf, I to would like to second everything that has said about how well this weekend’s event was planned by you. The name tags were very nicely done and a great memento, I can’t believe how much time you put into this.

I would also like to thank, Laura (BlackBeauty), Kevin (Dig-It), Kurt (07alloyGT), Mark (Markham51) and Greg (Orf) for donating their spare licenses plates for my garage project!

Hey all - now that I have come down from my high, just wanted to say thanks for letting me tag along with all you great, crazy people. And a special thanks to Kevin (with the pretty red stang), Matt (who allowed me to hang with him in his new vista blue ride and even offered to let me drive, oh my!), George (who gave me butterflies), John (the one who really has a black beauty), and Kurt (the smooth rider with lovely daughter). As I have mentioned to Ruf, I caught the speed bug.

And to all the lovely, beautiful ladies - it was a blast!

Laura,

Paige really enjoyed spending time with you (AND sharing your appetizers). She had a really good time meeting everyone.

Although she & Darkside didn't give anyone else a chance to share that brownie ala-mode.

Archived