TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, George ...where where you hiding? I didn't see you in one pic? You sure you were really there? Oh, wait... I saw Kris and you posted that cool slideshow and group vid, so, ok, I guess you were really there. ;)

Btw, your car looks awesome in the pics -- why do I think Fred will soo be rustling-up a few more TVS too! ;-)

Thanks everyone for all the really fine pics and vids ...not quite as good as being with you all, but will have to do for this time -- you all rock! :rockon:

Yeah I was there Dan but not in any of my own pics though. LOL :doh:

The car ran great it averaged 20.3 mpg on the way back . That included quite a few traffic lights on Rt 13 and a lot of stop and goes on the NJ tpk and in NY too. Not bad for a 765hp car ,I'm very happy with that. It actually got over 25mpg on the hwy @ 65 mph.

Yeah I was there Dan but not in any of my own pics though. LOL :doh:

The car ran great it averaged 20.3 mph on the way back . That included quite a few traffic lights on Rt 13 and a lot of stop and goes on the NJ tpk and in NY too. Not bad for a 765hp car ,I'm very happy with that. It actually got over 25mph on the hwy @ 65 mph.

George,

I know that Vista Blue GT500 will go faster than 20.3 and 25 mph on the freeway! :hysterical: Oh yeah, it was great meeting you and your wife this weekend. Glad you got home safe.

George,

I know that Vista Blue GT500 will go faster than 20.3 and 25 mph on the freeway! :hysterical: Oh yeah, it was great meeting you and your wife this weekend. Glad you got home safe.

Well you know what I meant , I'm just not used to thinking in terms of gas milage . LOL Great meeting you too Matt, had a lot of fun this past weekend. Be sure to let me know when your coming up my way too.

Once again, what a great weekend this was. It was great seeing & meeting everyone.

Greg, you did a wonderful job organizing everything & especially getting the weather to cooperate.

I want to thank all those who gave my daughter a ride in your car. She was very grateful & very excited riding in the different Mustangs. :superhero:

- HEY WHAT ABOUT ME I SHARED MY FOOD

Here's the link to all the pictures I took for everyone to enjoy.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/0...%20Head%202008/

Kurt

Guest markham51

Hi gang!

Well, had problems with my browser all day today...but finally got it fixed. Annette and I had a smooth trip back yesterday and convoyed it accross 64 to 17 with 07Shelby (NC) and the crew before we parted company. Congrats on the little one...another Stanger for sure!

A big thanks to Orf for organizing the event, making up the name tags and taking the time to video everything. Thanks to all who attended, it was a sight to behold all of those Mustangs "comin round the bend".

Thanks to Snoop for taking the heat off the rest of us early by drawing out the cops!

And a special thanks to "you all" for allowing me to show up in the GM and not giving me too much hassle...I promise I won't bring it next time. It shows me just how classy you Mustang/Ford guys are. I can't imagine how I would have been treated had I been the odd Mustang guy at a Corvette event. Even though I know there are lots of good Corvette guys out there, I know there would have been some butt wads who would have shown their true colors and spoiled things for me and my wife. Thanks again guys!

It was awesome to see all the first time attendees and their spouses and the "Lizbeth" crew as well.

The cars were looking great! Lots more mods from last time, new wheels, BIG HP adds etc, Lots of pride in those Mustangs and lots of classy people driving them. Thx Much...

It's never too soon to start planning our Oct event!

I've got a couple of ideas to put out here.

1. We choose a host hotel in Nag's Head - a bit closer for the folks from NC and a little further for the folks from up north.

Friday evening - still dinner at Basnights - but we'd be within 5 minutes of the place.

Saturday - a day of cruising and exploring Roanoke Island (Manteo).

http://www.roanokeisland.com/

The area is rich with touring opportunities. The Festival Park has a museum for the young folks who might be attending (and the rest of us!) We used the outdoor theater last April for our photo shoot.

Downtown Manteo has lots of shops to browse through.

Parking at the Park is plentiful.

Within 5 minutes of Manteo is a State aquarium - and the Elizabethan Gardens.

Late afternoon - we could do a cruise down Route 12 (the two lane we were on where Snoop got pulled.)

Perhaps another Bull Run?!

This might give us more time for socializing and less driving time.

2. Ocracoke.

This would be spending most of our time on the Island.

Friday - meet up at the Hatteras ferry terminal late afternoon.

Ferry to the Island. Dinner that night at Howard's Pub.

We would all stay at the Pony Island Motel.

http://www.ponyislandmotel.com/

The motel is affordable and within walking distance of "downtown" Ocracoke!

This option would include a walkiing tour of the shops and boutiques in Ocracoke and easy access to the beautiful beaches - as well as unlimited runs up and down Route 12 to the ferry and back! You all remember how much fun that was!

There is also a fine seafood restaurant called the Pelican in Ocracoke for dinner on Sat.

Consider both options. If you have another idea - let's hear it. If not - perhaps voice your opinion here and we can get things moving!

Here's an article I wrote on Manteo's Festival Park:

http://www.beaufortccc.edu/news/BryanO.htm

Click on Island Treasures! :happy feet:

It's never too soon to start planning our Oct event!

I've got a couple of ideas to put out here.

1. We choose a host hotel in Nag's Head - a bit closer for the folks from NC and a little further for the folks from up north.

Friday evening - still dinner at Basnights - but we'd be within 5 minutes of the place.

Saturday - a day of cruising and exploring Roanoke Island (Manteo).

http://www.roanokeisland.com/

The area is rich with touring opportunities. The Festival Park has a museum for the young folks who might be attending (and the rest of us!) We used the outdoor theater last April for our photo shoot.

Downtown Manteo has lots of shops to browse through.

Parking at the Park is plentiful.

Within 5 minutes of Manteo is a State aquarium - and the Elizabethan Gardens.

Late afternoon - we could do a cruise down Route 12 (the two lane we were on where Snoop got pulled.)

Perhaps another Bull Run?!

This might give us more time for socializing and less driving time.

2. Ocracoke.

This would be spending most of our time on the Island.

Friday - meet up at the Hatteras ferry terminal late afternoon.

Ferry to the Island. Dinner that night at Howard's Pub.

We would all stay at the Pony Island Motel.

http://www.ponyislandmotel.com/

The motel is affordable and within walking distance of "downtown" Ocracoke!

This option would include a walkiing tour of the shops and boutiques in Ocracoke and easy access to the beautiful beaches - as well as unlimited runs up and down Route 12 to the ferry and back! You all remember how much fun that was!

There is also a fine seafood restaurant called the Pelican in Ocracoke for dinner on Sat.

Consider both options. If you have another idea - let's hear it. If not - perhaps voice your opinion here and we can get things moving!

Here's an article I wrote on Manteo's Festival Park:

http://www.beaufortccc.edu/news/BryanO.htm

Click on Island Treasures! :happy feet:

I don't know Ruf, the Hilton Garden Inn is very nice and convenient. It has an indoor pool for the ones with tikes. It is the nicest place on the island. I think new ideas are good, but its gonna be hard to top the past trips. I think Ocracoke is kinda dead after dark. The Hilton is right in the mix of things.

First of all Erin and I had a blast as we always do when we get together at Nags Head. We met lots of new folks and made lots of new friends. This time we had the added bonus of NOT gettting a ticket during the event.

We can't wait until October.

I will have to agree with mastermech that the Hilton Garden Inn is a great hotel with wonderfull facilities and is located near most of the places we go while there.

As the get together is about our love of our cars, I don't mind the driving. I love to drive my GT500. As long as we don't visit Corolla again, I'm good. There are probably lots of things to do that we haven't done or seen yet, so I trust Orf to continue to come up with a great plan.

Bill, 2 minutes before getting pulled over:

post-7689-1208782595_thumb.jpg

More:

:rant2:

Thanks to Snoop for taking the heat off the rest of us early by drawing out the cops!

:finger::finger::finger:

:hysterical:

Hey all - now that I have come down from my high, just wanted to say thanks for letting me tag along with all you great, crazy people. And a special thanks to Kevin (with the pretty red stang), Matt (who allowed me to hang with him in his new vista blue ride and even offered to let me drive, oh my!), George (who gave me butterflies), John (the one who really has a black beauty), and Kurt (the smooth rider with lovely daughter). As I have mentioned to Ruf, I caught the speed bug.

And to all the lovely, beautiful ladies - it was a blast!

Hey all - now that I have come down from my high, just wanted to say thanks for letting me tag along with all you great, crazy people. And a special thanks to Kevin (with the pretty red stang), Matt (who allowed me to hang with him in his new vista blue ride and even offered to let me drive, oh my!), George (who gave me butterflies), John (the one who really has a black beauty), and Kurt (the smooth rider with lovely daughter). As I have mentioned to Ruf, I caught the speed bug.

Laura,

My pleasure...it's a shame you don't know how to drive a :hysterical3: stick or else you would have had some time behind the wheel on a GT500. I'm glad you got back safe and sound and look forward to October...do you think you will make it out for the get together? Oh yeah, go get some time on a standard so when you come back out you can get some wheel time! :D

RUF,

I think I like the stay in the same area where we stayed at this last time. Maybe we can just drive around that area while we are there next time? I don't mind finding an open stretch of the road or two, but that ferry does eat up a lot of quality driving time! :)

ORF,

Thanks for putting everything together and I look forward to October, I have already written it down on my calendar. It was a great get together and is definitely one of my highlights for the year.

We could tell! Every time I looked at you, you were either smiling or laughing! Christine and I are so glad you experienced Southern Hospitality! Stay with us in Oct! :happy feet:

Laura,

My pleasure...it's a shame you don't know how to drive a :hysterical3: stick or else you would have had some time behind the wheel on a GT500. I'm glad you got back safe and sound and look forward to October...do you think you will make it out for the get together? Oh yeah, go get some time on a standard so when you come back out you can get some wheel time! :D

RUF,

I think I like the stay in the same area where we stayed at this last time. Maybe we can just drive around that area while we are there next time? I don't mind finding an open stretch of the road or two, but that ferry does eat up a lot of quality driving time! :)

ORF,

Thanks for putting everything together and I look forward to October, I have already written it down on my calendar. It was a great get together and is definitely one of my highlights for the year.

Matt - don't forget - we have Music in the Streets here every 3rd Friday in Washington. Bring your wife and stay with us!

Archived