TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

Look forward to it, Just let me know and I'll pass it on. And my boy said cool, he'd love to. I think somewhere along the line I created a motorhead. And you guys are exceptional first class all the way. Here's a few pics for you.

100_6590.jpg

100_6593.jpg

100_6594.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's try this - you're supposed to see a slideshow. Let me know if it works. Give it a few seconds to initialize. There are arrows on the right and left you can cursor over to move more quickly thru the pics.

ADDED BONUS - pics of Jay and Lisa Tucker (of JLT fame) in their shop.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/j...mediafilter=all

Let's try this - you're supposed to see a slideshow. Let me know if it works. Give it a few seconds to initialize. There are arrows on the right and left you can cursor over to move more quickly thru the pics.

Nice slide show, John... :superhero:

Hey all, This is Frank (white Mustang GT) from the Chrome Ponies. Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. On behalf of myself and the rest of the chrome ponies I want to thank Brian and all of you for inviting us out and allowing us to tag along with you guys. Virgil, Pete, Ken and I (and our families) all had a great time, one of the best that we have had with our cars in a long time. Even though none of us have a Shelby, you all made us feel welcome and I really appreciate that. All of you have some amazing cars, my son was very impressed (he's 15 and getting ready to get his drivers Liscense, loves mustangs). We all really dug the 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry. It was a great day, made some new friends, and hopefully we can do it again sometime. Who knows, maybe someday we will have a Shelby, I know my wife wants one now. Again, I just want to say thanks to all of you from all of us, Lets do it again sometime.

Oh, I know I'm new here but does any one remember this.

cop.jpg

SEVBS018.gif

sofa.gif

Darkside - tell us about BlackMamba's rescue efforts with the huge turtle today in the Dismal Swamp! :superhero:

By the time we got turned around and got to where the turtle was, it was already too late as someone had run him over. :rant2: It upset Erin very much. I figure the wind gust from the semi that passed pushed the turtle into the other lane of traffic and he was then hit.

John - Your pics are exemplary! You have an eye for the camera lens, my friend. Thanks for your efforts! Superb! :camera:

Your car is the real deal.

And thanks, also, for the props on the Rufstang.

Great pics all -- thanks so much!!

John, the slideshow is great! So how do you like the SONY A100? Pics look real fine!

Snoop... post-4902-1208749434_thumb.png ...so what did you think of Orf's 'improvements?' :spiteful: ;-)

Ruf, looks like C and everyone had a superb time ...saw a lot of C-smiles in those pics :happy feet: Looked like about $1M worth of 'stangs getting ready to board the Ocracoke express! (and Mark's 'vette too!) ;-)

Great pics all -- thanks so much!!

John, the slideshow is great! So how do you like the SONY A100? Pics look real fine!

Snoop... post-4902-1208749434_thumb.png ...so what did you think of Orf's 'improvements?' :spiteful: ;-)

Ruf, looks like C and everyone had a superb time ...saw a lot of C-smiles in those pics :happy feet: Looked like about $1M worth of 'stangs getting ready to board the Ocracoke express! (and Mark's 'vette too!) ;-)

Dan - you kill me. Where does it say I have a Sony A100?

:spiteful: It's coded in the metadata of your photos in photobucket :)

My friend has the Minolta pre-cursor to the A100 loves it.

Love the A100. I've had a Minolta Maxxum 3xi for 18 years. I waited for that camera since it's fully auto or fully manual - both aperture and shutter speed. It was time to go digital - and I wanted the same freedom. I was looking at the Minolta pre-cursor, can't remember the model. It was then Konica, then Sony. I was worried that Sony would put too much of their stamp on it, but they didn't. The A100 was camera of the year a couple years ago. And the prices came down. I also got the 18-70mm, 70-200mm and IR remote flash. It has anti-shake in the body. It's great how all of the vitals for the shot are saved with the pic. That was always a hassle with 35mm. It has great programmed settings along with the basic auto. It's easy and fast to try different effects.

Thanks for the insight, John! I think the one my friend has is the MAXXUM 7D.

I have a bunch of old Minolta pro SLRs (XK/XKS) and a couple back-up 101/102 bodies and a bunch of lenses that don't fit any current digitals (all Minolta MD-Rokkor-X: 16fisheye, 17, 24, 28, 35, 50, 40-80, 80-200, 85, 135, 400APO, 500reflex, 50macro, 100macro-bellows). They're great lenses but predate autofocus so no one has built a digital body for them [yet] -- too bad. I'd give up autofocus to be able to use them (no prob for landscapes and nature stuff), but I must be in the minority. I have a nice Minolta dichroic enlarger too -- used to do my own color darkroom work.

Now I'm hooked on digital but had been waiting for a hi-end Minolta to follow the 7D ...just as they sold to SONY. The A-series all seem to get good reviews ...and SONY seems serious about keeping Minolta's 35mm lens designs and have added some superb Zeiss designs too -- all nice optics. Maybe later this year or after the holidays ;-)

Sorry for the post hijack, all...

Thanks again for the great pics!!

Is this the high tech camera thread? :tease:

As always Greg (though he will deny it all) did a great job of piecing together the weekend.

I believe everyone had a great time and the weather was great.

Perhaps I need to give it one more try at getting no infractions. :nonono::hysterical:

Although I think the road was just a little oily where I was, yeah that's it...the road was oily. :happy feet:

Hard to express my thankfulness to Greg for all he does and opening his house to me and Co Pilot.

First time I met him and rode in his car I decided on buying the Corsas.

Second time I met him and drove his car I decided on the FRPP Handling Kit.

This time I drove the car with the TVS on .... you make your own conclusions? :happy feet:

I say a month or two...but probably won't be that long. :hysterical:

I didn't get to really talk to too many. Talked a little w/ Darkside and as always he is a great guy, I'm sure would be a great friend, if we lived closer. Another was GT500FlyBoy, I'll have to try and make some events in Northern Va.

...so how long does it take to install the TVS? :superhero:

As always Greg (though he will deny it all) did a great job of piecing together the weekend.

Perhaps I need to give it one more try at getting no infractions. :nonono::hysterical:

Although I think the road was just a little oily where I was, yeah that's it...the road was oily. :happy feet:

Hard to express my thankfulness to Greg for all he does and opening his house to me and Co Pilot.

This time I drove the car with the TVS on .... you make your own conclusions? :happy feet:

I didn't get to really talk to too many. Talked a little w/ Darkside and as always he is a great guy, I'm sure would be a great friend, if we lived closer. Another was GT500FlyBoy, I'll have to try and make some events in Northern Va.

Great to meet you, too, Snoop - finally. I meant to say this weekend - thanks again for letting me use your SCGT500 id. You'll have to come up and meet some of Fairfax County's finest. They'd love your car. That's only a half-joke. It turns out the NoVA Mustang Club is run by, and most members are, Fairfax County cops. They also have a thing for Vettes. They do a bunch of events and have drag days all the time. The cool part - whenever we caravan around, they get some of the on-duty guys to leap frog around the group and close intersections to opposing traffic so we can parade thru. What a kick.

Well, let me say Lisa and I had a AWESOME time!! We will be back to any and all OBX events.

We love it their and being their with so many cool cars and people was just awesome.

I didn't want to be left behind, but a video from the road side would have been great. I saw some bunches of locals taking pictures. I bet we woak up a few people with that caravan!

Greg, thanks for all your work getting this many people together and keeping us all in control... :) Great job and great to meet you as well.

John E, thanks for coming by the shop and driving down with us. Fun times! Sorry about the ticket, GET THAT THING INSPECTED!!! Man that's a nice car!

So, 2 of the 3 tickets happened to cars directly behind me. Sorry guys. :hysterical3:

See you all next time!

Jay

Bill, 2 minutes before getting pulled over:

post-7689-1208782595_thumb.jpg

More:

post-7689-1208782642_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782676_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782700_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782727_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782749_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782891_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782595_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782642_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782676_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782700_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782727_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782749_thumb.jpg

post-7689-1208782891_thumb.jpg

Jay - great to meet you guys. And thanks for the hospitality at your shop - and the card as well. I'll get that out today. I hope Lisa doesn't mind me posting the pics...

I love your wheels. Speaking of which - I don't know if you saw my post - I put the stock wheels on and the shake ceased. Bud was right - there's a balancing issue. Though it wasn't right both after SAI, and after Goodyear did the balance a second time. I'm now wondering about the lug holes.

It was great to see the familiar faces from previous events. Meeting new people is what events like these are all about, and there were plenty of quality "new" people at this one.

I like the slideshow that John put up, so I'll attempt the same later today. If I can figure it out.

I have a bit of video to dump, which takes time. I hope to have some good stuff available soon.

I also want to throw this idea out there: Anyone who wants to share pictures, PM me. If those interested can get CDs burned and mailed to me, I can complie them and get DVDs burned for anyone who wants the collection.

Unfortunately, I didn't finish getting the interviews on video. Time ran out. I only managed to get about one third of the attendees. I'll try to get a movie made for this event, but I still have to finish last April's movie. Too little time.

:beerchug: Sound good ORF

It's always good to put a name to the face.

It's also good to have others not know who you are til they ask. Funny sometimes too.

I had 2 people ask "what intake are you running?" :lol:

:ninja:

Mine.

Good times for sure.

Jay

hint; you need to talk to woodshop dave :superhero:

he showed up for a gunfight with a friggin elephant gun, and yes, I am impressed :happy feet:

It was great to see the familiar faces from previous events. Meeting new people is what events like these are all about, and there were plenty of quality "new" people at this one.

I like the slideshow that John put up, so I'll attempt the same later today. If I can figure it out.

I have a bit of video to dump, which takes time. I hope to have some good stuff available soon.

I also want to throw this idea out there: Anyone who wants to share pictures, PM me. If those interested can get CDs burned and mailed to me, I can complie them and get DVDs burned for anyone who wants the collection.

Unfortunately, I didn't finish getting the interviews on video. Time ran out. I only managed to get about one third of the attendees. I'll try to get a movie made for this event, but I still have to finish last April's movie. Too little time.

Great job, Orf. I had reservations about bringing the wife (and baby) to a car/driving event, but she had a great time meeting everyone and seeing the sights. Even the baby did relatively well, until the ride home...

I'll try to save some of our digital pics down to my WebShots account and post a link for anyone interested. Can't wait to see everyone again, hopefully in October.

Once again, what a great weekend this was. It was great seeing & meeting everyone.

Greg, you did a wonderful job organizing everything & especially getting the weather to cooperate.

I want to thank all those who gave my daughter a ride in your car. She was very grateful & very excited riding in the different Mustangs. :superhero:

Here's the link to all the pictures I took for everyone to enjoy.

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/0...%20Head%202008/

Kurt

Just wanted to say what a great time my wife and I had this past weekend in the Outer Banks . It was truly worth the trip from CT. It was great meeting everyone ,most for the first time and of course others again such as Orf and Flyboy .

I know that it's the cars that have brought us together but it's the people who make it very special.

I want to say a special thanks to you Greg (Orf) for all your hard work in organizing this whole weekend and going above and beyond to make it enjoyable .It went like clockwork. (German precision ) LOL

You really did a fantastic job , with planning it out and making all those nametags . They even had pictures of our car on them too. It certainly made it much easier for us to get to know one another .

Here is a link to a slide show on photobucket. (be sure to click on the full screen option for best viewing )

th_IMG_2314.jpg

.....and a short vid taken at the lighthouse...

th_standingbyeacar.jpg

Hey, George ...where where you hiding? I didn't see you in one pic? You sure you were really there? Oh, wait... I saw Kris and you posted that cool slideshow and group vid, so, ok, I guess you were really there. ;)

Btw, your car looks awesome in the pics -- why do I think Fred will soo be rustling-up a few more TVS too! ;-)

Thanks everyone for all the really fine pics and vids ...not quite as good as being with you all, but will have to do for this time -- you all rock! :rockon:

Archived