TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A great group of folks enjoying some great cars and great weather!

More pics please...

OK, here's a picture of the one and only fastest color. Snoop's video is obviuosly rigged and full of inaccuracies since the red was the slowest, how else do you think he got the ticket? He couldn't outrun the cop... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Thefastestcolor.jpg

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Orf, my friend Greg, for setting up and "hosting" this event for what is the fourth time for me and a few others. He is a great guy with a big heart that is full of surprises. Thank you Greg for everything. I hope the tradition continues and I can't wait till October. I would be glad to assist in the future if theres anything I can do to make it easier on you.

Thanks again,

John

I could write about this weekend for hours. I won't! :redcard:

I took some people shots, because this event is about cars - but it's also about people. Christine and I, and everyone I talked to this weekend, feel like we continue to meet great people on this forum. We add friends every time we gather.

This event was spectacular. The weather was very nice (we, as most of you who attended, ran into rain this afternoon). The location was, as always, relaxing and laid back.

Most members brought spouses and even some of their kids!

Some members drove long hours just to be here. We're glad everyone made time to be with us.

Christine told me on the way home today, before she grabbed a pillow and crashed, that she never had more fun at a "car" event.

Smiles were on everyone's faces. Everyone came up to me throughout Friday and Sat and told me how much they were glad they came.

To everyone who attended: Thanks for making Christine and I feel so loved. We hope y'all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did. Kurt - thanks for trusting me with your precious daughter. Snoop - thanks for leading us from Ocracoke to the ferry! Christine loved our short runs up to 120+ MPH!

Laura - Thanks so much for coming all that way to hang with us. I hope you have a lot of good memories to keep you smiling for a long time!

And - TS members who attended: My Chrome Pony Buds were once again impressed with how you all made them feel welcome. They don't drive Shelby's but they're real good people.

Man - What a Blast it was!

To returning attendees - thanks for coming back. To those who came for the first time, we hope to see you in October!

To the Herman people - real sorry about your weather - I hope y'all can re-schedule.

post-4913-1208723291_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1208723310_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1208723291_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1208723310_thumb.jpg

Snoop's ticket was for " Improper Launch" :hysterical3: And I'm not joking... :redcard:

Failure to start :nonono:

I guess I can finish first, but I don't know how to start. :cry:

:hysterical:

PS. This officer made up for the one at the last event, he was extra nice.

Hey all, This is Frank (white Mustang GT) from the Chrome Ponies. Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. On behalf of myself and the rest of the chrome ponies I want to thank Brian and all of you for inviting us out and allowing us to tag along with you guys. Virgil, Pete, Ken and I (and our families) all had a great time, one of the best that we have had with our cars in a long time. Even though none of us have a Shelby, you all made us feel welcome and I really appreciate that. All of you have some amazing cars, my son was very impressed (he's 15 and getting ready to get his drivers Liscense, loves mustangs). We all really dug the 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry. It was a great day, made some new friends, and hopefully we can do it again sometime. Who knows, maybe someday we will have a Shelby, I know my wife wants one now. Again, I just want to say thanks to all of you from all of us, Lets do it again sometime.

Oh, I know I'm new here but does any one remember this.

cop.jpg

Hey all, This is Frank (white Mustang GT) from the Chrome Ponies. Hope you don't mind if I chime in here. On behalf of myself and the rest of the chrome ponies I want to thank Brian and all of you for inviting us out and allowing us to tag along with you guys. Virgil, Pete, Ken and I (and our families) all had a great time, one of the best that we have had with our cars in a long time. Even though none of us have a Shelby, you all made us feel welcome and I really appreciate that. All of you have some amazing cars, my son was very impressed (he's 15 and getting ready to get his drivers Liscense, loves mustangs). We all really dug the 100+ mph sprint back to the ferry. It was a great day, made some new friends, and hopefully we can do it again sometime. Who knows, maybe someday we will have a Shelby, I know my wife wants one now. Again, I just want to say thanks to all of you from all of us, Lets do it again sometime.

cop.jpg

Hi Frank - You guys are great! I'm glad y'all had a good time. We have an extrordinary group of Mustang people here. And all of my brother's from the Chrome Pony's fit right in! Great pic of Snoop!!!

I love your wife's car. How about posting a pic of it for us? She designed the car herself!

That ride from Howard's Pub to the ferry was a Bull Run!

cop.jpg

Hey Frank, good to see you on here! I'm glad you guys came up to join the party, you all were a class act. Look forward to coming down to your neck of the woods someday and getting together for a drink or two!

Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing that slow red GT500 getting pulled over by the cop. :hysterical: I know that there is no way a cop would have caught a blue one...

Frank - we do something like this in April and October. We try to do it a little different each time. I'll be posting a thread soon asking for feedback from everyone on how we might do it in Oct!

Tell your son, he's got a ride in my car next time we meet.

Archived