TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got an email. Look what might be joining us on Sat: :happy feet:

That's a sweet '65, Bryan!! Hmmm.... duals... wonder if it was born as a 225 or 271HP 289. Those early coupes are very cool -- and light, light, light!!! ;-)

This is shaping up to be a very cool event! I think a commerative banana & thong ceremony may be in order! :happy feet: :hysterical: ;-)

Bear with me here, as this might sound a little preachy, but I don't know how to say it without it sounding that way.

I don't like drama. I try to stay out of it whenever possible. On a site that is populated primarily by adults, the atmosphere has turned into what amounts to a grade school playground. Pardon the cliché, but too many people are acting their shoe size, instead of their age.....

Feel free to post your thought on the matter, but as far as I'm concerned, I have said all that I am going to say about the subject. My position is clear.

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid! :rant2:

:hysterical3:

That's a sweet '65, Bryan!! Hmmm.... duals... wonder if it was born as a 225 or 271HP 289. Those early coupes are very cool -- and light, light, light!!! ;-)

This is shaping up to be a very cool event! I think a commerative banana & thong ceremony may be in order! :happy feet: :hysterical: ;-)

:doh: Bite your tongue Dan ! :fool:

Orf - the green '65 I posted earlier is owned by Pete.

Also coming from Elizabeth City (Chrome Pony's) are:

Virgil Griffith (see attached pic)

Daniel Rosser

Ken Weaver

Lisa and Frank Feder

Richard and Dottie Pere

These folks will meet us at the hotel Sat morning. :happy feet:

The pic was from the MCA Nationals in Ga last year - where Virgil won best in class and made a Mustang magazine photo spread!

I'll do my best to get these made up today. I can put Pete's car on his tag. For the others I can try to find some sort of generic picture, or I can print "Chrome Ponies" in place of the picture.

Shoud I use Elizabeth City as hometown for all of them?

Orf - I don't think I got a reply from you about leaving the hotel at 5:30 on Friday instead of 6:00. (which would mean we'd have to start walking out to our cars about 4:30 so we can all take 100 pics before leaving!) :redcard:

Also - they're now calling for snow showers on Sat.

Orf - I don't think I got a reply from you about leaving the hotel at 5:30 on Friday instead of 6:00. (which would mean we'd have to start walking out to our cars about 4:30 so we can all take 100 pics before leaving!) :redcard:

Also - they're now calling for snow showers on Sat.

Very funny Bryan.........Sunny and 71* on Sat. Now if you were talking about CT I might have believed you. LOL

Does anyone know if we have to worry about May flies in NC while we're down there ? Does NC even get May flies ?

WT"H" is a May Fly? :hysterical:

Insects won't be a problem this weekend, George. June/July/August we get "no see-um's" - little bugs that bite the crap out of you. Just remember not to feed the Gulls! :redcard:

Okay - time to make this weekend more interesting.

How about a pool on who gets the first traffic citation? (moving violation - - we're all expecting parking tickets)

I've got $5.00 on Orf. (even money) Any takers? (I've seen him drive) :redcard:

Guest markham51
I do have a couple Nav systems - one in my car and one on my phone. All I need is addresses to get around. It might help to list them on the agenda.

Great idea

How about a pool on who gets the first traffic citation? (moving violation - - we're all expecting parking tickets)

My moneys on Snoop. He's not mentally stable behind the wheel of a car. :hysterical:

As I have let Deputy Sutton know they are coming, I have $5 on Snoop, Ruf, and Mastersmech.

I made it easy and provided plate numbers as well.

I think the Nags Head Six will be accepting new members this weekend

As I have let Deputy Sutton know they are coming, I have $5 on Snoop, Ruf, and Mastersmech.

Keep an eye on your plates. :spiteful:

I'm not going to drive above any posted speed limit. That would be breaking the law. :superhero:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :jackinbox:

Greg - what's your approximate ETA here on Thursday. I want to be fully clothed when you guys arrive.

Archived