TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like y'all had a nice afternoon! Where's Snoop's car?

Wed may be the bail out day. I hope the front blows through faster than expected. :happy feet:

Snoop was parked across from ours...what a rebel.

I hope it blows through also. Hmmm...OBX...NHRA...rain....like oil and water.....Oh lordy gives us another sunny weekend.... :dance:

Guest markham51
The forecast is calling for rain Thurs-Sun. Crap.

Hi Ruf,

Will we be "pulling the plug" if the weather looks bad for the weekend?

Regards

Mark

Hi Ruf,

Will we be "pulling the plug" if the weather looks bad for the weekend?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark - I suppose that would be up to those planning on coming. I'll wait until Wed morning, myself. It wouldn't be much fun in the wet - for gathering - or driving. What are your thoughts - or anyone elses?

Hi Mark - I suppose that would be up to those planning on coming. I'll wait until Wed morning, myself. It wouldn't be much fun in the wet - for gathering - or driving. What are your thoughts - or anyone elses?

Who is coming from far away and can you get your hotel deposit money back?...

If it has to be this weekend, bring rain tires... :baby:

I know those staying at the Holiday Inn can get a refund with 48 hours notice.

The only tires I have are the Nitto 555's - like driving on snow in the wet.

Laura's planning on flying in from Chicago. It's a major rain event moving across the mid-west now.

An alternative would be to try for the following weekend. Is that a problem for anyone? Laura - can you re-schedule your flight? 53 - Darkside - Mark - would that work for you? GR8? Others? Orf - will you be out there the following weekend?

Guest markham51

Hey Ruf,

I'll go with the consensus. Generally it's not a lot of fun driving around in the rain, traction or no traction.

We can't make following weekend however. Flying back to Canada on the 15th and can't change that. We will be back mid-November.

If we have to go to the next weekend, I can't get there until later in the evening on Friday as I won't be able to leave Fayetteville before 5:00 PM.

Other than that, I can do it if necessary.

Look on the bright side. If we go to the next weekend, Orf will be in town (insert silver lining here)

Well considering the weather forecast, the fact that most people probably won't come if bad weather, and the intent to re-schedule for a different weekend has lead me to cancel my hotel reservation. I won't be able to make it the following weekend and with my schedule ramping up, this was the best weekend for me and I had taken leave to ensure the time off. I won't make it to the one next April either, so I guess I am SOL for at least another year. This sucks but nothing you can do about Mother Nature.

Well considering the weather forecast, the fact that most people probably won't come if bad weather, and the intent to re-schedule for a different weekend has lead me to cancel my hotel reservation. I won't be able to make it the following weekend and with my schedule ramping up, this was the best weekend for me and I had taken leave to ensure the time off. I won't make it to the one next April either, so I guess I am SOL for at least another year. This sucks but nothing you can do about Mother Nature.

Matt - you're still welcome here anytime you commute. And we haven't set a date yet for April.

I just heard from L and she has cancelled her flight - so a visit here for her is out.

We'd love to have you come down this weekend and visit us in Washington! I'm going to a dyno day at a new speed shop in Greenville. C'mon down and enjoy some of your high-end Gin you have here! I'll grill some ribs weather permitting! We'll watch the Charlotte race in HD!

That goes for you, too, Mark. We'd love to show you and Annette our historic little city! Let me know, and I'll give you a link to a couple of great B&B's here!

Guest markham51
Matt - you're still welcome here anytime you commute. And we haven't set a date yet for April.

I just heard from L and she has cancelled her flight - so a visit here for her is out.

We'd love to have you come down this weekend and visit us in Washington! I'm going to a dyno day at a new speed shop in Greenville. C'mon down and enjoy some of your high-end Gin you have here! I'll grill some ribs weather permitting! We'll watch the Charlotte race in HD!

That goes for you, too, Mark. We'd love to show you and Annette our historic little city! Let me know, and I'll give you a link to a couple of great B&B's here!

Thanks for the offer Ruf,

We have decided to return to Canada on Saturday for the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We'll give you a shout when we get back in November and we can get together either in Washington or Wilmington.

Best regards

Mark

Yeah, I know it. On Wed, the forecast still called for rain Thurs-Sunday.

I hate it that Matt & Mark can't make it next weekend, too!

We're going to miss Matt dropping by the crib on his way home on weekends!

Matt - your bottle of Gin will be waiting on you, my brother! :happy feet:

Darkside - have you changed your hotel reservations?

Not sure if we will be able to make it next weekend.

Lots of interesting news on the job front came to light last week that demands our attention if I am going to be ready by March.

Lets just say that I may not be going to Iraq.

While I'm sorry you may not make it next weekend - I'm very happy to hear you might not be going over to the sandbox! :happy feet:

We'll miss ya if you can't show.

Archived