Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only is certain areas and only with a permitt. :extinguish:

http://www.outer-banks.com/visitor-info/offroad.asp#bonfire

Beach Bonfires

Sitting around a bonfire on the beach can be romantic and relaxing and it's certainly not something you get to do everyday. Although not allowed on the beaches in Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk or Kill Devil Hills, bonfires are allowed with regulations, on the beaches in Nags Head and along the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The regulations are as follows:

Nags Head

Permits are required and are obtained from the Nags Head Fire Department located at 5314 South Croatan Highway after 5:00 pm on the specific day the fire is requested. Fires will not be permitted if winds are 10 knots or more. A picture ID, the address of applicant, and the location for the requested fire are required.Fires cannot be built within 50 feet of any combustible material, including buildings, beach grass, sea oats and driftwood. In addition, the hollowed-out pit must be no larger than 3 feet in diameter and not less than 1 foot in depth. The fire must be attended by a competent adult and must be extinguished prior to leaving the site.

I copied the important part. I'm pretty sure we could comply with everything, except the part I highlighted in orange text.

Orf, you do realize that Ocracoke also has a nude beach right?

I don't believe Ruf is allowed within 10 miles of such places, you might want to check w/ the local authorities? :waiting:

And just how would you know about the nude beach and where it is?

Howard's Pub is the place for lunch. They have a pool table on which I shall take all the cash Snoop brings with him, from him.

What type of food do you get at a pub?? :headscratch:

Pretzels? :hysterical:

Howard's Pub is a great place for burgers - shrimp - and seafood platters (broiled or fried). It's the only place open 365 days a year on the Island. I'll tell you the story about the mysterious death of the owner a few years ago when we get there.

I think I might be able to talk the wife into going, please add us to the list if the date is the 18th-20th. We'll be back in time from our tirp to Cali...

Hi 08! Welcome to the site! What part of NC are you in?

This will be our 4th gathering on the OBX. You and your wife will have a blast. No doubt. Go to Off Topic forums and look at the Mustang Gathering at Nag's Head for past stories and pics.

Make your Hilton Hotel reservations as soon as you can, so you and your wife can be with us for "downtime" and meals! They have an indoor pool and are oceanfront! And tell your wife that most of us are bringing our wives with us.

Ruf

Edit - sorry - I see where you're from! We're leaving Wed morning if you'd like to caravan out there with us!

If you're going to leave on Friday morning, Darkside (Fayetteville) might hook up with you!

Great. We hope you're not deployed!

We're a quiet group of older guys that don't want any trouble.

We don't speed - or talk loud - or swear.

We obey all traffic laws and have respect for the police.

:hysterical2: :happy feet: :hysterical2:

Make your reservations at the Hilton.

Hi 08! Welcome to the site! What part of NC are you in?

This will be our 4th gathering on the OBX. You and your wife will have a blast. No doubt. Go to Off Topic forums and look at the Mustang Gathering at Nag's Head for past stories and pics.

Make your Hilton Hotel reservations as soon as you can, so you and your wife can be with us for "downtime" and meals! They have an indoor pool and are oceanfront! And tell your wife that most of us are bringing our wives with us.

Ruf

Edit - sorry - I see where you're from! We're leaving Wed morning if you'd like to caravan out there with us!

If you're going to leave on Friday morning, Darkside (Fayetteville) might hook up with you!

Hey Ruf, I'm the one putting together the dyno-day on March 1st in Benson.

If we come we'll head that way on Friday afternoon. I'm actually going to post this on our local club's forums, we have over 1,000 forum members and 100+ HCMC/MCA club members. I could most likely drum-up a half dozen or more to come with me if I do a little pushing. I can't totaly commit at this point, but I hope to finalize our plans after we get back from Florida in a coulpe of weeks.

www.hcmcstangs.com

Hey Ruf, I'm the one putting together the dyno-day on March 1st in Benson.

If we come we'll head that way on Friday afternoon. I'm actually going to post this on our local club's forums, we have over 1,000 forum members and 100+ HCMC/MCA club members. I could most likely drum-up a half dozen or more to come with me if I do a little pushing. I can't totaly commit at this point, but I hope to finalize our plans after we get back from Florida in a coulpe of weeks.

www.hcmcstangs.com

Excellent! Caleb did my dyno tune last year after my cam install!

We'll try to make it down on March 1st. Maybe he can squeeze a few more ponies out my car!

FastLane Rocks! I'll check out their website for details. :rockon:

Reservations made at the Hilton for the 18th-20th. We'll be driving down from Northern VA on Friday if anybody wants to meet up and caravan down.

Scott

Hey, Scott. Great you can make it! Bring your bathing suit. They have an indoor pool and an excellent breakfast buffet!

Ruf

post-4913-1201141679_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1201141679_thumb.jpg

Reservations made for the Mamba and I. We will drive in Friday morning/afternooon.

Ruf - If you will be there already, we will take off early and meet you and Christine for lunch

Yep. We're going to make it a 5 day vacation. We're leaving on Wed morning. We can caravan home on Sunday? And hopefully you can make it to Fastlane in Benson on Mar 1st for dyno day! Lots of fast Mustangs and bench racing! This gathering is shaping up to be a blast. How's Our Girl doing?

Excellent! Caleb did my dyno tune last year after my cam install!

We'll try to make it down on March 1st. Maybe he can squeeze a few more ponies out my car!

FastLane Rocks! I'll check out their website for details. :rockon:

Sorry, it's not going to be at Fastlane.... It's will be at Big Wood Racing in Benson, Randy Haywood's shop.

www.bigwoodracing.com

Here's a link to the post with the info for the day; http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=15035&hl=

Archived